September 2021 due date babies!!!

So got my hcg back from yesterday. It was 1834. That feels low. I shouldn’t have googled it but I knew I would and now I feel like shit. Ugh.

I have no idea about hcg levels, they don’t do that where I am. What did horrible Google tell you?

Yeah my last pregnancy I did like a million tests - well, 26 haha! Still got them in a box somewhere too, ewwwww!

Anyway at about seven weeks my test suddenly came up loads lighter, really freaked me out. But after reading about the hook thing I did another one, with diluted pee, and it was a much stronger line. I stopped testing after that, way too stressful!

I've done a handful of tests this time, maybe like five after the first proper positive, but then I stopped myself. It's just not worth worrying about. What will be will be, and there's no real guarantee all is well with a stronger or weaker line, so many things can affect it and even in the worst case scenario, the dark lines can keep showing... Positive is positive, and until anything says otherwise, just have to have faith all is going well in there.

Yeah my last pregnancy I did like a million tests - well, 26 haha! Still got them in a box somewhere too, ewwwww!

Anyway at about seven weeks my test suddenly came up loads lighter, really freaked me out. But after reading about the hook thing I did another one, with diluted pee, and it was a much stronger line. I stopped testing after that, way too stressful!

I've done a handful of tests this time, maybe like five after the first proper positive, but then I stopped myself. It's just not worth worrying about. What will be will be, and there's no real guarantee all is well with a stronger or weaker line, so many things can affect it. Positive is positive, and until anything says otherwise, have to have faith all is going well in there.
Wow I have binned most of mine but I’m prob not far off 15 since I had my bfp (not including ic’s). I’m really tempted to try it out but you’re totally right and I will only obsess if I don’t see what I want to see!

So really difficult day here

severe cramps over night night just be stretching I know

call from doctor today re bloods as my LO had slapped cheek 3 weeks ago. Bloods have come back negative in terms of me having had the virus.

so repeat bloods in 2 weeks and a scan tomorrow that I slightly had to argue for beciade she was like you can’t come in if you’re symptomatic off slapped cheek I was like I’m not symptomatic though!! I wore a mask last time I was in il wear a mask again like just seriously. I’ve had some slight spotting so then she was wanting to wait to see if the bleeding got worse I was like no sorry that’s unfair you wouldn’t expect someone else to wait just because my son had a virus 3 weeks ago with no evidence I have contracted it

so scan tomorrow at 3pm. midwife also called oh I have an hour now I was like okay great but I don’t so midwife going to call Sunday and book in providing all is okay tomorrow

Our son took us six years to conceive so it's fair to say we had gone a bit crazy at that point haha! And they told us it would never happen naturally. So even with the zillions of tests I don't think either of us really believed it was happening. Each of those tests was like a little miracle in itself, and I couldn't bear to part with them.

But the flip side was that I worried constantly, over-analysed every single line, got myself all worked up for no real reason. And I don't want that this time, I want to relax and try to enjoy just being pregnant in the moment. (Easier said than done right now however, still off all food and I threw up for the first time today, which I thought might ease the constant nausea - but it did not.)

:rofl:

call from doctor today re bloods as my LO had slapped cheek 3 weeks ago. Bloods have come back negative in terms of me having had the virus.

so repeat bloods in 2 weeks and a scan tomorrow that I slightly had to argue for beciade she was like you can’t come in if you’re symptomatic off slapped cheek I was like I’m not symptomatic though!! I wore a mask last time I was in il wear a mask again like just seriously. I’ve had some slight spotting so then she was wanting to wait to see if the bleeding got worse I was like no sorry that’s unfair you wouldn’t expect someone else to wait just because my son had a virus 3 weeks ago with no evidence I have contracted it

so scan tomorrow at 3pm. midwife also called oh I have an hour now I was like okay great but I don’t so midwife going to call Sunday and book in providing all is okay tomorrow
Tough day for you honey.

hopefully all goes well for you tomorrow x

Our son took us six years to conceive so it's fair to say we had gone a bit crazy at that point haha! And they told us it would never happen naturally. So even with the zillions of tests I don't think either of us really believed it was happening. Each of those tests was like a little miracle in itself, and I couldn't bear to part with them.

But the flip side was that I worried constantly, over-analysed every single line, got myself all worked up for no real reason. And I don't want that this time, I want to relax and try to enjoy just being pregnant in the moment. (Easier said than done right now however, still off all food and I threw up for the first time today, which I thought might ease the constant nausea - but it did not.)

Absolutely understand the madness hun!!

I’ve felt nauseous for the last few mornings and in the evenings today I was gagging! I never had this with my son so it’s all new! But I guess all good signs things are progressing how they should.

Good luck with your scan!

Crazy how different the experience is depending on where you live, though. Guessing you are UK and NHS also? I had my booking appt at 6+2, on a Saturday morning as that was most convenient for me and OH - and they let us take the toddler too. And my trip to EPU for a scan was arranged by the GP with no fight at all, I said I thought I needed to go, she agreed, and booked me in the very next morning! :o Sorry you've had such bother getting yours agreed, sounds like a nightmare you just don't need.

Absolutely understand the madness hun!!

I’ve felt nauseous for the last few mornings and in the evenings today I was gagging! I never had this with my son so it’s all new! But I guess all good signs things are progressing how they should.

Same, I breezed through the whole 9 months with my boy, barely a symptom, just an ever-growing bump (seriously, I was fucking HUGE with the boy, strangers were congratulating me in the street at 8 weeks haha). But this time there's no outward sign of anything going on, I just feel like actual death all the bloody time.

Everyone keeps saying 'oooh it's a girl' to me, I dunno if there's anything to the myth about sickness. Personally I just think because we had so much trouble falling pregnant last time, I was blessed with an easy ride by the karma gods. This time was so easy - a complete accident in fact, we weren't really trying - so I probably deserve a bit more suffering...

I have no idea about hcg levels, they don’t do that where I am. What did horrible Google tell you?
Just comparing mine to other people’s and it’s super low compared to most of them. Buttt, I’m trying to be positive and keep in mind that I usually don’t ovulate until cd 16 or so so I could be a couple of days off. My numbers are ok for 5 weeks exactly which is probably more like what I am. I hate this. This is why I asked the doc not to do the repeat blood draw. I would just obsess. All I can do is wait and see. Ultrasound in 13 days. Stick little bean.

I’m probably gonna go ahead and call and ask for a repeat blood draw tomorrow. Since this number has me freaking out now anyway. First trimester sucks y’all.

Good luck with your scan!

Crazy how different the experience is depending on where you live, though. Guessing you are UK and NHS also? I had my booking appt at 6+2, on a Saturday morning as that was most convenient for me and OH - and they let us take the toddler too. And my trip to EPU for a scan was arranged by the GP with no fight at all, I said I thought I needed to go, she agreed, and booked me in the very next morning! :o Sorry you've had such bother getting yours agreed, sounds like a nightmare you just don't need.
Thank you. Yes I’m Scotland. I just don’t want to be judged tomorrow like back again for pains etc but I feel it needs checked
If all is well midwife Sunday and then 12 weeks scan will be 3 weeks give or take so not too long to wait

Same, I breezed through the whole 9 months with my boy, barely a symptom, just an ever-growing bump (seriously, I was fucking HUGE with the boy, strangers were congratulating me in the street at 8 weeks haha). But this time there's no outward sign of anything going on, I just feel like actual death all the bloody time.

Everyone keeps saying 'oooh it's a girl' to me, I dunno if there's anything to the myth about sickness. Personally I just think because we had so much trouble falling pregnant last time, I was blessed with an easy ride by the karma gods. This time was so easy - a complete accident in fact, we weren't really trying - so I probably deserve a bit more suffering...

Yeah my boy pregnancy was so easy too!! Who knows! Like you because I had an easy time last time I think I may pay for it now!!

I’m probably gonna go ahead and call and ask for a repeat blood draw tomorrow. Since this number has me freaking out now anyway. First trimester sucks y’all.

It’s hard not to compare isn’t it. Maybe another draw will put your mind at ease hun xx

I'm actually excited for my section. Odd, I know, but my last one (non-emergency after failed induction) was such a calm, pleasant experience. And so quick! About twenty minutes after getting to theatre, baby was out! And the excitement of that overruled the weirdness of being stitched back up. I dont remember much else until being on the post-op ward and handed the baby.

Recovery was a bitch but I got through it, even though I'm a wuss, and it seems a million years ago already.

Every so often I do think, maybe I should be going for the VBAC. I've had judgy comments about my elective from some family and friends. But then I remember how relaxed I felt during the section, how it was the best choice for us - and I'm happy it'll be the same again.

I had a very traumatic birth with my DD. I was induced at 35+4 weeks because I had a bad case of pre eclampsia and ICP.
I had a retained placenta and it came away in tiny bits.
I hemorrhaged and was rushed to theatre, it was so scary.
So when I was pregnant with my DS I requested a section but was denied.
I didn't get pre eclampsia with him but I did get ICP again so was induced at 37 weeks.
I was terrified but thankfully I had a much better experience with him.
Will be doing vaginal again this time and hoping to have a similar experience to that of my son.

@zoeboe95 the midwife text me today and said Don’t panic someone will be in touch next week and ‘see you’ goodness knows what that means but we’ll see! Loving the tipsy and Tim comment!!

@Suggerhoney yay for the sore boobs!!! When are you doing your hook effect testing? I’m so intrigued about it!

@LoneWanderer i totally get your reasoning behind the elective! I’m on the fence but definitely up for seeing what options I am given! You deffo have to do what is best for you!

anyone here have any experience with the hook effect?? I’m tempted to give it ago but I’m so worried if it doesn’t work I’m going to start shitting my pants!!!

Thanks hon there not so bad today, they seem to be very on and off. Felt mild neasea earlier but not to bad.

I got a complete line stealer today so I think the hook effect should start
So got my hcg back from yesterday. It was 1834. That feels low. I shouldn’t have googled it but I knew I would and now I feel like shit. Ugh.

I have no idea about HCG numbers hon because its not done here.
Google can be the devil sometimes the amount of times I've ended up freeking out because of Google.

I hope one of the other ladies that understand HCG numbers has better advice.
We just have pregnancy tests to rely on here.
The anxiety in pregnancy is not fun at all.

I've done a handful of tests this time, maybe like five after the first proper positive, but then I stopped myself. It's just not worth worrying about. What will be will be, and there's no real guarantee all is well with a stronger or weaker line, so many things can affect it and even in the worst case scenario, the dark lines can keep showing... Positive is positive, and until anything says otherwise, just have to have faith all is going well in there.

I've done so many tests it's embarrassing lol. :blush:

I rang the EPU today and spoke to such a lovely lady.
I told her all about the 4 early miscarriages last year and how anxious I'm feeling and she said they wud scan me at around 6 and a half to 7 weeks.
She cudnt book me a appointment tho because I had to get a doctors referral.

So I called the doctor and she said she will contact the EPU and I shud hear from them soon with a appointment. So hopefully in a week and a half to weeks max I will be having a ultrasound.
The doctor told me to call the doctors surgery again tomorrow to book my midwife appointment.
That should be when I'm around 8 weeks.
So the ball is now rolling.
Still nervous but today's test has made me feel so much better.
The only tests I will post after this one will be when I get a 3+ and of and when the hook effect happens.
The line stealer I got today was crazy.
I really hope it's a very good sign that this baby is healthy and will be born healthy.
I'm not bothered about gender or anything as long as baby is healthy I will be happy.
[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<20210127_170001.jpg

I stuck some of my tests together
20210127_171333.jpg

Rite won't post any more line tests now Ladies until and if the hook effect happens. Hopefully the next test I post here will be my 3+[-o<

I’ve done ALOT of thinking today and I do not usually ovulate on cd14. And judging by my very first bfp I’m thinking I was probably around 10 dpo when I tested positive. Which would put me at 21 dpo yesterday and my number of 1834 would be pretty decent for that day.
It would figure the one month I didn’t track anything would be when I get pregnant so i don’t know any dates for sure. Hopefully I can get the repeat draw tomorrow and I see good numbers.

10 dpo as opposed to the 13 dpo that ovulating on cd 14 would have me at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->