September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Morning everyone. I had my first blooddraw to confirm that I'm indeed pregnant and the HCG was only 75.
From what Ive read the norm level at this point is 50 to 500. Should I be concerned that it's on the lower end?
My next appt is Monday and then based on those numbers I schedule an US 2 weeks after.

Welcome Mng! Glad to see you here :) As far as the numbers-I never had mine done, so I am not an expert. I have heard that everyone is different and as long as you are in the range and they are doubling like they should then things should be fine.

AFM-Nothing new to report, still dealing with nausea off and on all day. My bbs are still sore, but not quite as bad-I read in one of my books that it kind of levels out around this stage and they may not be as sore. (I hope that's right) I am between 9-10 weeks. We don't see the dr. again until we are almost 12wks-which our apt is 2 weeks from today. I really hope they do an ultrasound to check on the subchorionic hematoma they found a couple of weeks ago. And I pray that it is gone by then. She said it was small, so hoping that means it won't cause any issues and I haven't had any spotting or bleeding up to this point.:shrug:

How is everyone feeling?

Morning everyone. I had my first blooddraw to confirm that I'm indeed pregnant and the HCG was only 75.
From what Ive read the norm level at this point is 50 to 500. Should I be concerned that it's on the lower end?
My next appt is Monday and then based on those numbers I schedule an US 2 weeks after.

the next results will paint the picture for you and confirm that your progressing. Anything over 33 is considered pregnant. I've learned that hcg levels vary in a large range. You might be less then than 3 weeks.... I hope all works out for you.

Thanks ladies!
No nausea for me, though the bagel i had this morning didn't agree with me.
The only thing I could really go for right now is my morning coffee :hissy:

Does anyone have names picked out yet?

Hi everyone :wave: sorry I've not been online much the past couple of days, I've been busy at work.

Lovely to see you here MnG. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I don't think you can really tell much from one blood draw as you need to see the HcG is doubling. So I can't wait to see your next figures! :)

We have picked names already (had a long time to think about it :haha:)

For a girl we like Elsie Edith (Edith is my Nans name)

For a bit we like Elliot John (John is both mine and hubby grandads name)

Is anyone else here not going to find out the sex? I know most people do nowadays, but we aren't.

Xx

Thanks ladies!
No nausea for me, though the bagel i had this morning didn't agree with me.
The only thing I could really go for right now is my morning coffee :hissy:

Does anyone have names picked out yet?

yes we do but not revealing until baby is here

So im currently in the middle of a gynae ward. I have severe hyperemisis diagnosed after my 4th faint today.

im quite anaemic with haemoglobin levels of 98 when they should be 115 and theyre giving me iron tablets, glucose tablets for energy and anti numetics as well as having me hooked up to a drip.

I feel ill and hate canulas but i know its doing me good.

I get to see baby again tomorrow and will hopefully get a picture so i can show her off.

I wont be finding out what im having because im already convinced its a girl so if its a boy itll be a lovely surprise but if its a girl then ill believe in mothers intuition :p

As for names DH and i are battling for our favourites.

I like Sybil and he likes Liesel but we havent really discussed properly yet!

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well.

We do not plan on finding out the sex of the baby-I am a planner, but I just think it's one of the very few surprises in life that can't be spoiled. As long as we have a healthy baby, it doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl. There are plenty of gender neutral options out there, so I am not worried about not having pink or blue stuff. I am sure there will be enough of that rolling in once he/she is born:flower:

We have a girl name picked out (we have for a long time), but prefer not to share any names until baby is here. In the past we have mentioned a few boy names, but never settled on any. Once we make it into the second trimester, we will think about those things.

I really don't want to get over excited, just because of our previously loss, but it's hard since I am having symptoms that I didn't have last time. We did order custom M&M's to announce it to our families. And, God forbid something not be okay at our apt in a couple weeks, we will have 2 lbs of candy to eat ourselves.

We are supposed to have a snow storm all day tomorrow, so I am heading out to the store to get some fabric to make a pink/blue blanket for my mom when we tell them. She was just diagnosed with cancer and started chemo 2 days ago, so I figured it will be good for her to keep warm during treatment and a fun reminder of her first grandchild on they way:hugs:

Oh and I decided to make my own chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, so that's on my list for today too!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

We are having Charlie for a boy and Jessica or Alivia for a girl xx

Anyone suffering from severe heartburn? Any tips on how to make it go away? :cry:

Gaviscon is awesome when pregnant and is also available on prescription which is handy if you have a medical exemption card!

Sadly speaking from experience there is no true way to make the heartburn go away. Ask your doctor about nexium, its a prescription heartburn pill that you can take occasionally or you can take it every morning to keep heartburn at bay long term. Gaviscon works amazingly especially right before bed to help you be able to rest and other than that all i can recommend is pickles as silly as it sounds and lots and lots of milk!

Thanks ladies! I will definitely try milk even though i can never stand the smell of it. Will also ask about the Rx.

How is everyone else feeling?

How is the heartburn today MnG?

I'm okay thanks. I went to the supermarket last night and thought I was going to throw up in the middle of it at one point...I had to do lots of deep breathing to make the nausea subside! :haha:

I am starting to feel very fat all of a sudden too as my skirts and trousers are staring to feel tight! :(

I have my first scan tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous! I just pray everything is okay with our little blueberry!

How is everyone else feeling?

So im currently in the middle of a gynae ward. I have severe hyperemisis diagnosed after my 4th faint today.

im quite anaemic with haemoglobin levels of 98 when they should be 115 and theyre giving me iron tablets, glucose tablets for energy and anti numetics as well as having me hooked up to a drip.

I feel ill and hate canulas but i know its doing me good.

I get to see baby again tomorrow and will hopefully get a picture so i can show her off.

I wont be finding out what im having because im already convinced its a girl so if its a boy itll be a lovely surprise but if its a girl then ill believe in mothers intuition :p

As for names DH and i are battling for our favourites.

I like Sybil and he likes Liesel but we havent really discussed properly yet!

How did your scan go? Did you get a picture? Are you feeling any better? Are you still in hospital? I hope your feeling better soon. Xx

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well.

We do not plan on finding out the sex of the baby-I am a planner, but I just think it's one of the very few surprises in life that can't be spoiled. As long as we have a healthy baby, it doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl. There are plenty of gender neutral options out there, so I am not worried about not having pink or blue stuff. I am sure there will be enough of that rolling in once he/she is born:flower:

We have a girl name picked out (we have for a long time), but prefer not to share any names until baby is here. In the past we have mentioned a few boy names, but never settled on any. Once we make it into the second trimester, we will think about those things.

I really don't want to get over excited, just because of our previously loss, but it's hard since I am having symptoms that I didn't have last time. We did order custom M&M's to announce it to our families. And, God forbid something not be okay at our apt in a couple weeks, we will have 2 lbs of candy to eat ourselves.

We are supposed to have a snow storm all day tomorrow, so I am heading out to the store to get some fabric to make a pink/blue blanket for my mom when we tell them. She was just diagnosed with cancer and started chemo 2 days ago, so I figured it will be good for her to keep warm during treatment and a fun reminder of her first grandchild on they way:hugs:

Oh and I decided to make my own chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, so that's on my list for today too!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I likes your idea so much of the candies to tell people that I found a chocolate shop in the UK which does alphabet boxes of truffles. So we are going to get them for our parents and have the truffles say "your going to be grandparents"! We're telling them on valentines weekend so long as everything is okay at my scan tomorrow.

Bing! Good job on the breathing.. no one wants a clean up in aisle 4 :haha: I hope that the nausea doesn't last long for you!

It seems like the heartburn and hunger are taking turns every day. Today I'm ravenous where as yesterday I had to force myself to eat from the heartburn. Other than that I feel generally good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->