September/October bump buddies...anyone wlecome!

Hello :hi:

How is everyone doing?

Orion - I hope your feign better? :flower:

MnG - how are you coping at work now? I hope the funky smells aren't getting to you too much. I didn't notice my sense of smell increase into around 7 weeks so hopefully the smells won't be affecting you too much at the moment.

Jordy - how did your first appointment go? Have you heard back from the interview yet? Oh and I love your gender reveal idea - it's great! Yes I think names shod be a joint decision too.

J&J - when do you have your 12 week scan booked for? I bet your excited!

Afm - since Monday (7+3) I've been having alot of dry heaving first thing in the mornings and spent a few minutes eat morning hugging the toilet! :haha: and then the nausea has stayed until around early afternoon and sometimes returns again in the evening. My eating habits at work have chanced and I sit near 3 mums so I'm sure they will start noticing soon and putting 2&2 together. I'm starting to feel quite tired too. Can't believe I'm nearly at 8 weeks already. The past 3 weeks seem to have gone quite quickly! We will be visiting all our immediate relatives next weekend and will tell them. For our parents we are getting a large thorntons chocolate bar slab and getting the shop to write on it with icing "your going to be grandparents!" And give one to each of our parents. I can't wait! :)

Xx

Good morning Bing! I hope your nausea stays away or is at least tolerable. Its no fun laying around the toilet. I had my first bout gagging yesterday but only due to the icky phlegm.. yuck!

In other news we found a mamaroo on Craigslist that was only used once and way under retail price plus a beautiful 4 in 1 crib on sale online. I'm soooo excited!

Oh, we also decided to get Dexter an "only child expiring in October" shirt he can wear to grandparents to be house when the time comes :)

Oh how exciting! We're waiting until after our holiday in March to start shopping for the little one...I can't wait!

You have to post a picture of Dexter in the shirt. I think if I tried to dress up my cats all hell would break loose...I got scratched enough trying to put a Santa's hat on them at Christmas! :haha:

Bing- My first appointment went well! Took my blood and urine and talked about a lot of stuff. First ultrasound is the 25th and we will find out exactly how far along I am.

The second interview went really well too. I have another job interview today. This one is with the hospital for a dietary aide position. I would definitely prefer the hospital job myself.

I was informed that gender reveal parties are also the baby shower as well. I don't like that thought personally so since everything will be in summer I'm going to see if my aunt would like to have a BBQ at her house for the gender reveal and then do the shower a month or so later that way gifts can be tailored to the right gender :)

My SO and I got into it about not telling anyone..which resulted in us telling our families on Tuesday and Wednesday. Everyone was super excited and a little cautious of our baby's timing in our lives. We simply said that things can't always go the way we want them to. Everything happens for a reason and this baby is our blessing. I'm really glad the news was taken so well by everyone. My grandmother is ecstatic to become a great grandmother..actually all of my grandparents are!

How is your nausea treating you? Hoping better! Have you tried 7up? I usually pace the house the first hour I'm up trying to walk off the nausea lol

LOL bing I cracked up picturing kitties in Santa hats..my cat would be soo mad..our dog on the other hand would deal but still be unhappy..she hates clothes. Since the cat is out of our bag we don't get to surprise anyone with the news of baby. Please please mng post pictures of this!

Hello everyone!

Bing and MnG-those ideas sound like fun :)

Our M&M's came today-I am so excited!!!

On a sad note, we got some news today that my mom's cancer is worse than originally thought. Trying to stay positive-people beat cancer every day-so hopefully that will be her soon!!

I have been having some cramping/twitching today-not sure if it's from the stress of my mom or gas or what it is. Our dr visit (11-12wks) is a week from tomorrow and we will tell our families next weekend (assuming all is well). My boobs are rather sore today, not sure why-I mean they have been sore off and on since week 4, but today they are almost achey...thought that was odd.

Sadly I have to leave you all. I lost my baby today :(

Also, Bing. As of right now I do not have a 12 week scan booked. I go for my next appointment on the 11th and I might ask if I can have a scan in between my appointment and 20 weeks just to put my mind at ease but I opted out of the nuchal translucency screening because I am only 21 and quite frankly don't care if there is a chance my baby may have Down syndrome. 12 week scans are not routine where I am in Canada unless you are getting the nt scan. If my doctor won't right me a req for the scan I guess I will just have to suck it up and wait until the 20 week scan. As for gender, we are definitely finding out at the 20 week scan and plan to do a gender reveal dinner/party with our family and friends shortly after that. I am having a separate baby shower at like 32-34 weeks though because I want the gifts to be for the appropriate gender. :) I don't expect any gifts at the gender reveal.

Oh and all you ladies having symptoms count your blessings lol. I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant and don't even feel pregnant other than the extreme bloat and the occasional flutters. I end up listening with the Doppler every other day because sometimes I swear I'm crazy and making it all up!

Bing- yes im starting to feel better. My cough is slowly going away, but i have bad laryngitis right now because of it. Otherwise im doing great.

Jordy- the gender reveal parties dont have to be the baby shower as well. Many people just have the reveal party and ask for no gifts and then do the shower after when the gender is known to everyone. You can do things the way YOU want to do it, not the way others have done it since its YOUR baby :) im going to have a separate baby shower.

Its the same as weddings...there is no right or wrong. Its your moment and up to you.

Orion-thank you :) I am glad you said that..I'm thinking I will see if my aunt would like to host the gender reveal party since it will be during the summer and her and husband always like having bbqs. Their place is plenty big enough to host it. I'm just so excited about it all..want each thing celebrated on its own

How is everyone's weekend? I hope it's been nice and relaxing for you all!

Yesterday we went car shopping. We know what car we want now so we are just going to wait for a used one to become for sale near us. We have 7 months to go yet so we're in no rush but it is still exciting!

Then today we went shopping and I bought some maternity bras! They are SO comfortable but are really NOT very sexy at all! :haha:

I also tried to find some maternity trousers I could wear at work as this bloating is seriously out of control, but I just couldn't find any smart enough as there is really not a huge amount of choose in the shops near me. I think I'm going to have to shop online for more choice in the future. Also what I did find looked huge so I think I may just have to go up a clothes size for now.

We also bought the chocolate bars and got the shop to ice on them "you're going to be a Grandma/Grandad" etc to give to our parents next weekend. I can't wait!

What has everyone else got up to this weekend?

Oh and I had my appointment letter come through for my dating scan. It's on 9th March so 4 weeks tomorrow! I hope it goes quickly! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->