***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

Good luck mwaah keep us updated if you can x

Liss and army , good luck and keep us updated if you can xx

Good luck mwaah!!!

I HAVE OFFICIALY STARTED BLEEDING :yipee: never been so happy to see bloody show finally!!!!!!

I know i'll be popping either today or tomorrow night!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!

Zebra's husband here. Copying this from my post in her journal:

Here's what you've all been waiting for :happydance:

Meet Caitlyn, born on 4th Sept at 15:51 GMT, weighing in at just 5lb 12oz. She is tiny!!

We went in for induction on monday morning, starting on the propess by midday. The labour ward was hectic that day and so for us, not much happened apart from her being strapped to the CTG monitor a couple of times.

Tuesday she was given the gel, which combined with some walks around the hospital/grounds and some bouncing of the birthing ball, kicked off some nice strong contractions, especially after the 2nd lot of gel. She eventually took some cocodemol for the pain, and later on some pethidine was administered. I stayed until around 2am as the painkillers had relaxed her a lot, I'd been advised to go home and sleep. Her waters went about an hour after I got home, but she was told my the midwives to get some rest.

After a good sleep they moved her in the morning to a labour room, just as I arrived at 8.30am. First examination around 10am showed she was 3-4cm dilated, although baby was back to back at this point and not squarely on the cervix. At 1pm she was examined again, this time in a better position and showing 3cm but this is due to the head being properly on the cervix now.

Contractions were nice and strong as the afternoon went on, and we thought we were in for a long day. She was using gas and air and enjoying it for a while, but had a very dry throat, so she kept drinking water between contractions. She stopped using it eventually as it became less effective. A second dose of pethidine was administered, a decision I helped her make as I could tell she needed the edge taking off again.

At around half past 3, I was getting drowsy and decided to close my eyes for a few minutes. I awake moments later to her saying my name. I grab her hand, assuming it was a particularly tough contraction. The midwife took a quick look and exclaimed "I can see her head". I was totally shocked and suddenly had a big grin across my face. Within 15 minutes Caitlyn was born, at 15:51. As her head came out I got all teary eyed. It was an amazing moment.

My wife was very brave throughout the day and coped incredibly, both with and without relief. It was very tiring for her, especially after a few nights with very little sleep. After almost every contraction she would doze off for a few minutes and then awaken for the next one. She kept calm and quietly coped the whole time. It was a day I'll never forget, proudest moment of my life. My own little family!

Awww gorgeous :baby: congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see mommy and baby are doing well!!!

Zebra and hubby, big congrats on the birth of your beautiful little girl.

Getting the new daddy to write his experience of the birth shows it in a whole new prospective and shows how proud he is of his wife and their rainbow.

Fabulous news xx

Congratulations Zebra & hubby she is beautiful..!

Hope Mwaah is ok

Sannie, Army any news..?

Wander2023 congratulations to you and zebra. Glad all went well, beautiful little girl

Hope mwaah is getting on okay

Congrats to Zebra & hubby she's beautiful :flower:

@Army great news! :happydance:

@Chimpette Nope nothing, Getting more and more frustrated but ah well.. How are u feeling?

xx

Sore, tired, fat, fed up LOL

Hopefully I'll have something happen after my midwife appointment on Friday

Ur feeling like me then, aint it a great feeling :dohh:
It does wonders for ones moods too LOL

Do u think they might do a sweep for u? I am not seeing my MW till after my consultant appointment next thursday so god knows what's gonna happen to me :shrug:

:hugs: hugs chimp and sannie. I know how frustrating it can be

I had my 2nd night of INTENSE contractions. 6- 15min apart. I literally had to cuss my way through each one :dohh: they were sooooooo painful. Started at 1am stopped at about 5am.

So this is playing out exactly how labor went with ds. The real labor should be tonight fingers crossed!!!

God I am in so much pain, don;t know what's going on have taken some paracetamol and will have to call hospital if it doesn't go cos it aint normal :shrug:

Hope this it army
Let us know what happens sannie

Sannie hope you are ok.

Army fingers crossed for tonight, I shall check for updates in the morning.

Thought I would share my 40 week bump, I was very brave and took a bare bump shot LOL

Attachments

• bump 40 weeks.jpg
    bump 40 weeks.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
The paracetamol seemed to work so god know what it was :shrug:

@Chimpette loving the bump!! Jealous as mines full of stretchmarks at the bottom :haha:

@Army truly hope this is it for u this time!

xx

Sannie don't you worry I've got them but I had them from my 1st pregnancy so they have all gone white now and you can only see them close up lol

That's one thing I never got, stretch marks.

Thought I was being good today and not having the morphine, but it back fired big time. I was in such pain I couldn't move. I needed morphine! Turning into an addict! Feels much better now but I don't know how I'll cope at home with this pain and no morphine!

On a plus, my milk has come in today and leaked all over my nightshirt. Have now put my nursing bra on. Baby liked it, she had a half our feed and has slept since!

Still haven't got a name for her . I like Caitlin but we quite like Niamh too. We asked the kids and they both said Caitlin. I'm wandering if we could have Caitlin Niamh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->