***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

I had my midwife appointment today, there was a student midwife with her too, both were lovely, I was smiling the whole way through as I have never managed to attend one before. Did the usual tests and questions, Have been prescribed a higher dose of folic acid. Given lots of goodies and my maternity notes :happydance:

I also had a scan today too, from last Thursday to today our bean has grown an extra 4 days, so they have put me at 9 weeks 6 days. I was over the moon, 2 more weeks till I am out of the danger zone :happydance: Baby was awake when I had the scan, it gave us a few waves :cloud9::cloud9: it was also kicking its little legs even more, did a massive stretch at one point and did a little wiggle :haha: heartbeat at 170 bpm, so still very high :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2
Congrats on the great scans, Pink , mwaah, Zebra!

Re the bedding conversation- I wonder if you guys are suggesting a crib isn't strictly necessary. Will a bed guard suffice between a bassinet and bed?

Good luck tomorrow, Chimp!

Hey everyone.

Glad to see everyone is doing well :flower:
And so many beautiful scan pictures.

We got our private scan tomorrow and I'm bricking it already am just so worried something went wrong since we had our last scan at EPU, but we have to try and stay positive I guess

xx

Thank you Zebra :D

Btw am I the only one that did not get their maternity notes at the booking in appointment? I think we get ours at the 12 weeks scan but i'm not sure.

Also been wondering as I never made it passed 12 weeks before do you have to book your midwife appointments or do they send u a letter? Sorry might sound stupid but I've got no clue lol

xx

Btw am I the only one that did not get their maternity notes at the booking in appointment? I think we get ours at the 12 weeks scan but i'm not sure.

Also been wondering as I never made it passed 12 weeks before do you have to book your midwife appointments or do they send u a letter? Sorry might sound stupid but I've got no clue lol

xx

I didn't get my notes at my first appointment, but when I went to that they booked my next one for me while I was there and told me the date and time, not sure if it works similar in other areas or not.

Hi, my doc gave me the green notes when I first went to see her when I was 4 weeks PG.

Had another scan this morning and all good so far still, but we can't relax yet, stillA a long way to go.

Our little butter bean was measuring 8+4, exactly to my dates. The midwife we see turned the sound on so we could hear its little heartbeat bumping away.

We can breathe a sigh of relief and relax for the next couple of days, before we go back again next Friday.

Saw my consultant as well, professor Quemby and was asking her about my progesterone and clexane as originally she said to stop at 12 weeks, but has now said I can stay on both until 24 weeks.

Thanks Guess I will just have to wait and see.

Just wiped a bit of blood again though :( I don't think we will get good news tomorrow.

xx

Lovely pics Zebra!!

Sannie i got my notes at the booking in appointment, the midwife wrote all my details in it. My next midwife appointment is always booked at the previous appointment, it may be different where you live though. Stay positive with the bleeding, will be thinking of you x

Ive just got a letter with an appointment to see my consultant on 6th March (feel like i have appointments coming out of my ears) Does anyone know what happens? Mine is due to having an emergency section with my LO.

Hi Ladies,

Sannie - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Danc - great news on your scan... congratulations!

Greener - Any news..?:flower:

Had our scan today, happy to say everything was perfect measuring exactly to my dates still, and we even got a picture... I can't stop staring at it... happy days!:happydance:

Attachments

• IMAG2351 (2).jpg
    IMAG2351 (2).jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi Ladies,

Had our scan today, happy to say everything was perfect measuring exactly to my dates still, and we even got a picture... I can't stop staring at it... happy days!:happydance:

Thanks Chimp, congrats on your scan too?:thumbup:

xx

I got mine yesterday at my first appointment. You have to book them yourself, I have to book my next one when I have had my 12/13 week scan. Hope this helps :flower:

Hi Ladies,

Glad everything is well, beautiful :flower:

Hello ladies,

Yay fab scan pics and good news from everyone.

Sannie sending you big :hugs: and crossing everything for your scan tomorrow.

I would still use a crib/cot inbetween the basket to bed stage as my LO would fall asleep in allsorts of weird and wonderful positions. The guards are really good for toddlers but dont go along the full length of the bed for non walking babies.

I get the shakes when I need food too, I think because I live at work I do all my jobs in the morning and get little one off to pre-school or the childminders and its about 11 before I get breakfast.

Had a bit of a panic this morning... the dr must think I am neurotic. The childminder called last night to say one of the kiddies she looks after has slap cheek syndrome. If a pregnant lady gets it, it doesnt end well. I called the Dr who was lovely and says most adults are immune to it but as protocol they would scan me more often to check on the baby.

It's a chilly night tonight, think a nice warm bath is in order. xxx

Great scan pic, Chimp!

Thanks, mwaah, I guess I won't get out of buying a crib. Money is kind of tight these days, just looking to cut costs wherever I can!

Sannie, hope your scan goes/ went well.

And Greener, still thinking of you.

sorry i've not posted again, i am lurking, but everyone is so positive on this thread planning for when their babies arrive i don't feel i belong here at the moment.

Had a scan on tuesday and they dated me at 5-5.5 weeks which isn't possible, gestational sack, yolk sac and fetal pole seen but no heartbeat, Fetal pole only 3mm so possibly too early for heartbeat. Going for another scan on valentines day to find out if baby has grew and has a heartbeat, if not it must've stopped growing so MMC :(

sorry i've not posted again, i am lurking, but everyone is so positive on this thread planning for when their babies arrive i don't feel i belong here at the moment.

Had a scan on tuesday and they dated me at 5-5.5 weeks which isn't possible, gestational sack, yolk sac and fetal pole seen but no heartbeat, Fetal pole only 3mm so possibly too early for heartbeat. Going for another scan on valentines day to find out if baby has grew and has a heartbeat, if not it must've stopped growing so MMC :(

So sorry you are going through this. :cry:We are here if you need us. Please keep us posted.
Thinking of you:hugs::hugs:

Yeah, big hugs, Greener. I've been there.

Let me know if you're posting somewhere else you feel more comfortable.

And I really wish I could give you a big hug.

Greener - you lurk away honey. We are all thinking of you and hoping for the best at your next scan :hugs:

Luckyw- how to save money when having a baby... just not possible lol hehe We had a cotbed so it was a crib and when he got bigger we just took the sides off t make it into a bed. He has now got a bed as he is really tall but I think if had been average size he would of lasted another year in his cotbed.

Dancareoi - How are your sugars doing?

Hope everyone else is ok xxxx

Greener, I am so sorry, truly hope you get the news you and we are all hoping for :hugs:

Thanks everyone for the good vibes all was well, Bubbi is growing to the exact dates and measures perfectly, HB was flickering away. Now I can 'relax' a little till in a about 2 weeks time when I start stressing about the nuchal scan.

Would love to add a pic but dont know how to:blush:

Hope everyones having a lovely weekend
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back