***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

Chimp, good luck in your exam today and your scan In 4 sleeps!

Pink and zebra, congrats on your scans, getting there now!

Hi Ladies,

I've tried to catch up on reading this thread before I post anything but today I need advice. I hope you don't mind me butting in. I had a missed miscarriage in the summer (went in for my 8week us and baby stopped developing at 6 weeks). I am pregnant again and due on September 16th. :) I've only told the people in my family that know about last time and I know will be sensitive about it if it happens again. I saw the heartbeatat 170 at 9 weeks but we don't have the next appointment until March 4th. Hubby's birthday is this Saturday and he's so excited he's planned a trip down to see his family and tell everybody. I just don't feel confidently pregnant and I don't think I'll be able to get excited. I was hoping he'd wait until everything was fine on the 4th. So do I call and ask the nurse if she can squeeze me in to find the heartbeat Friday so I can get excited with him? Or do I just let him tell and hope for the best? Or do I beg him to wait? He's just so excited. I just have this horrible thought that we'll tell everyone and find out at the next appointment the baby stopped growing 2 days after my last appointment. :( Sorry for the lengthy post. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you Ladies.

Well my exam did not go as planned, infact it'll be a miracle if I pass... grrrr! Still nevermind it's only a retake if I do and hopefully next time I'll be more prepared for what's coming... although keeping fingers crossed for the miracle.

Woohoo 4 more sleeps... it's gonna be a long weekend that's for sure.

Jlily - I know exactly how you feel, but to see a heartbeat at 9 weeks is a great sign. I would say it's down to you and how you feel, my husband has not told anyone of our pregnancy this time because of our 2mmc, but I've told my close friends and family as I think it's those people that are going to help me through if the worst happens, and so it makes no difference if they know now or know later. It's completely up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

xx

Hi Ladies,

I've tried to catch up on reading this thread before I post anything but today I need advice. I hope you don't mind me butting in. I had a missed miscarriage in the summer (went in for my 8week us and baby stopped developing at 6 weeks). I am pregnant again and due on September 16th. :) I've only told the people in my family that know about last time and I know will be sensitive about it if it happens again. I saw the heartbeatat 170 at 9 weeks but we don't have the next appointment until March 4th. Hubby's birthday is this Saturday and he's so excited he's planned a trip down to see his family and tell everybody. I just don't feel confidently pregnant and I don't think I'll be able to get excited. I was hoping he'd wait until everything was fine on the 4th. So do I call and ask the nurse if she can squeeze me in to find the heartbeat Friday so I can get excited with him? Or do I just let him tell and hope for the best? Or do I beg him to wait? He's just so excited. I just have this horrible thought that we'll tell everyone and find out at the next appointment the baby stopped growing 2 days after my last appointment. :( Sorry for the lengthy post. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you Ladies.

Hi, welocme to our group.

This is a difficult position and is down to individual feelings at the end of the day as everyone is differentm

I am 10 weeks PG, my mom, dad, sister and BIL and wife know, only because we have needed help with childcare and school run.

We have not told DH parents, his other brother or our kids and as long as all goes well, will not be saying anything at all until as long as we can get away with it.

The reason for this is we lost one last year in jan. I went for routine check up at 17 weeks to find baby had died at 13-14 weeks. We had announced the pregnancy to everyone after our perfectly healthy nuchal scan at 12 weeks. Telling our 2 eldest the baby had died was the worse thing we have ever had to do and we never ever want to put them through that again.

We have had 3 scans so far at 7, 8 and 9 weeks. We are away this week so won't be having another scan this week, so have to wait for another now.

So you can see our reluctance to say anything.

jlily seeing the heartbeat at 9 weeks reduces you chances of miscarriage significantly. If you feel that the nurse where you are will listen to the heart beat. I would just explain that your anxious and worried and just wanted a bit of reassurance and she what they say. the worst they can say is no.

I also had a mmc. And even thought i have had one healthy pregnancy since then. We have still told hardly anyone this time around. around 4 or 5 people know for us and that is it. And even now i'm past the 12week stage we will tell no-one until i've had my scan and seen baby is okay, and even then at first it will only be family and close friends.

Sorry for your previous loss and hope all is ok with you

Chimpette :wohoo: on 4 days to go. i only have 6 feels like it's getting closer now

i saw my mw and we decided not to do the 11-13 week testing but now i wished i did im worried that now i wont know anything until i see my mw again at 15 weeks grr

Thank you so much ladies for the responses. My husband just thinks I'm being negative and I know he wants to get excited and so do I but I just think it's still too early to not be cautious. I decided to talk to him about how I feel and we decided to wait so I'm relieved. So sorry for your losses. Hopefully soon, we all get to get excited and shout it from the rooftops! :) :) :) I can't believe how slowly the time goes with all of this worrying. I've only known for 7 weeks and it feels like it was months ago that I took that first test (or second or third or fourth). :)

Hi Jlily, you are not being negative at all. You have every right to be cautious. We waited until we had a scan at 10 weeks to tell family (we told our parents after our first antenatal). Tell people when you feel ready :hug: The first trimester drags, especially after you have had a loss.

Chimpette, sorry to hear about your exam. I had my final University exam when i was in 1st tri with LO. I just passed, luckily my coursework pulled the over all mark up slightly. I spent ages trying to revise but couldn't keep anything in. LO seems to be a little clever clogs so i think he stole all my brain power and kept it for himself :haha:

jlily your not being negative it's natural so dont worry.

4 more days until my scan. I just want it to come now, i feel like i've been waiting so long

What is everyone's MS like? When did it start to ease off.

Mine seemed quite bad last week but seems a little better this week. Not feeling so sick first thing, but can come and go through the day.

Can anybody add to this?

dancareoi mine went away 2 or 3 weeks ago. But this morning i am feeling awful

Jlily Welcome and congratulations on ur pregnancy. as everyone else says u are not being negative at all just cautious which is totally natural :flower:

MTC Not long now until ur scan :hugs:

My MS started easing off from 8 weeks then felt totally fine most days from 9 weeks and now this week I have had that horrible nauseous feeling nearly all day every day since thursday :dohh: so yeah it does seem to come and go.

Hope everyones having a good weekend, the hubby here is trecking thru the snow to get me some Krispy Kremes :cloud9:

What is everyone's MS like? When did it start to ease off.

Mine seemed quite bad last week but seems a little better this week. Not feeling so sick first thing, but can come and go through the day.

Can anybody add to this?

Mine started to ease around 10 weeks. Now being almost 12 weeks I don't have any at all :thumbup:

Had a miscarriage in July at 6 weeks. Now I'm pregnant and scared lifeless at 11 weeks. Due September 10 th. Seen the heartbeats at 8 weeks and two babies in separate sacs ( fraternal twins). I'm am now praying for my rainbows to continue to grow. I have pcos and it is hard to keep my babies so i just don't know what to do anymore. I have a 12 week sono on Monday...

Wow twins how amazing. Sorry for your previous losses and i hope these two are sticky :D

Had a miscarriage in July at 6 weeks. Now I'm pregnant and scared lifeless at 11 weeks. Due September 10 th. Seen the heartbeats at 8 weeks and two babies in separate sacs ( fraternal twins). I'm am now praying for my rainbows to continue to grow. I have pcos and it is hard to keep my babies so i just don't know what to do anymore. I have a 12 week sono on Monday...

Twins! wow, congratulations!! Hope it all goes well on Monday :hugs:

My tummy is feeling quite tender today :( Im guessing its the ligaments around my uterus because if i move quickly or cough i keep getting sharp pains. I cant remember it being this painful with my little boy. Its kind of worrying me a bit because I keep thinking it could be related to my c-section scar.

Twins!?! Thats awesome! Hope the bubs are doing good!!

Feeling crappy down there too pink. Yesterday and today i have been having lots of pinching pains down there right by my pubic area down low......quite uncomfortable at times....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->