***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

We didn't find out with our first. I hardly had any ms and he was a boy.
Didn't really plan on finding out with second, but we did, it was a girl, MS up until 17 weeks with her.
We wanted to know with third, as it made things easier as we already had everything, even though a five year gap between our dd and our new DS. Sickness wasn't as bad as with DD.
My sickness is worse this time than with DS.
If everything goes to plan, we do want to find out what this baby is as well.

I have heard and believe that MS is worse with girls than boys!:sick:

dancareoi i completely go against the rule with chloe i had next to none.

I been looking at birthing pools and found the company i want to use to hire my birthing pool. I going to either reserve it after my scan or after i see midwife at 16 weeks :D

I had no MS with Olly, I did however go off chicken.... :haha:
This time i have no MS and no food aversions. We are definitely going to find out the sex, OH and I are so impatient and I love planning plus we will decorate Ollys bedroom according to the sex of the baby. They will both have to share so its either going to be boys decor or a bit of a mix (we have a 3 bedroom house but the bedrooms are on 2 levels, I dont feel comfortable having Olly on the floor below).
OH is dreading if its a girl because all my mum goes on about is having a grandaughter (she had 3 wonderful grandsons). When i was pregnant with Olly all she looked at was girls things (even though she knew i was having a boy) I don't understand her obsession, she had a daughter after all. I don't mind what the baby is just as long as he/she is healthy.

I'm so jealous mtc, i really wanted a water birth with Olly but he had different plans :haha: I dont think they will let me with a vbac.

We are all so different. I don't like the idea of a water birth and wouldn't like to give birth at home either.

Although I couldn't give birth at home even if I wanted as I am high risk. Second baby was section, although third was vbac. I also have gest diabetes, insulin dependent this time, plus I am an older mother, 41 at moment, 42 in august.

I liked being in hosp after giving birth, it made me feel safe!

When I had my third I stayed for 5 days, trying to master the breast feeding. I felt safe and comfortable and well looked after. 3 meals a day brought to my bed. Maybe that's why I liked it, I didn't have to do anything and was kooked after by ither people.

I'd still be there now if I could!!!!!!

Urgh, feeling so sick again this morning:sick:

How did you find your vbac Dancareoi?
I hated being in hospital, couldn't wait to get home. I didn't help that the midwifes were little help. I would have got more support at home. I woke up from my section after 9pm and they sent OH home, I was left in my bed unable to move, Olly kept being sick maconium (sp?) and then I started being sick, I would page them and all they did was wipe the sick off his face and give me a bowl then leave to chat at the nurse station. I was a new mum and they didn't help me with/show me how to do anything.
I'm going to a different hospital this time so hopefully I'll have a better experience. They seem great so far. I will probably want the break in hospital afterwards this time :haha:

How did you find your vbac Dancareoi?
I hated being in hospital, couldn't wait to get home. I didn't help that the midwifes were little help. I would have got more support at home. I woke up from my section after 9pm and they sent OH home, I was left in my bed unable to move, Olly kept being sick maconium (sp?) and then I started being sick, I would page them and all they did was wipe the sick off his face and give me a bowl then leave to chat at the nurse station. I was a new mum and they didn't help me with/show me how to do anything.
I'm going to a different hospital this time so hopefully I'll have a better experience. They seem great so far. I will probably want the break in hospital afterwards this time :haha:

To be honest my vac was really easy, but then my first had been a vaginal birth as well, so I suppose things were a little loser for me down there anyway!

My waters broke at 10pm on the Monday night and my DS was born at 3.50am the next morning, gas and air, no tearing or stitches or anything.

My sisters first was c-section and her second was vbac. She had quite a long labour and forceps were eventually used, but no problems for her either.

They will keep a lot closer eye on you during labour and I was also told they wouldn't let me go past due date, but I didn't get that far because he was 2 weeks early.

Hopefully you will have a better experience this time.

All 3 of mine have been born in different hospitals due to one thing and another and I have had a good experience at all of them.

PinkEmily i would look into your options i know people have have had home birth vbac. so see what they say about the water. I am hoping to go for a water birth with no pain relief this time. I only had gas and air last time but i also wanted to try and birth with no pain relief.

dancareoi i didn't get very good after care with my dd that's another reason i am swayed towards a home birth. I wanted one with dd but didn't get it, but my bad care just made me more determined this time.

By my dates I'm 13 weeks today (hope if i get put back at my scan it isn't too far) scan in 2 days :happydance:

PinkEmily i would look into your options i know people have have had home birth vbac. so see what they say about the water. I am hoping to go for a water birth with no pain relief this time. I only had gas and air last time but i also wanted to try and birth with no pain relief.

dancareoi i didn't get very good after care with my dd that's another reason i am swayed towards a home birth. I wanted one with dd but didn't get it, but my bad care just made me more determined this time.

By my dates I'm 13 weeks today (hope if i get put back at my scan it isn't too far) scan in 2 days :happydance:

Mtc have you had a scan already? I can't remember and there's too many pages to go back!

Don't know about anyone else but I feel huge! I am only 11 weeks but look like I'm 6 months! Luckily as its winter still, the big winter coats hide everything!

The lack of sickness I mentioned sat am has come back yesterday am and this morning, so no let up for me yet

I suppose if your after care was lacking no wonder to want to consider other options.

I see you are in the midlands, which hosp are you under?

I am at the Alex in redditch for this one. My first was born at Bham Heartlands due to being on insulin and my second was born at Solihull. Moved at 28 weeks with third from Solihull to Redditch as they changed to a midwife led unit for low risk births, so that counted me out!

dancareoi i've had 3 and they were all really early, like the latest was 6+4 by my dates but the measurements put me back a bit, but she said she couldn't be 100% as it was all so small. So the scan on Wednesday is my proper dating scan. And even thought we saw heartbeat the the last scan. Our baby we lost died at 7 weeks so after the dates the scan put me at so i am still really on edge.

I look pretty big, if i were to wear certain tops people would guess, but my jackets ect hide it atm.

I'm under QMC as they dealt with 2 or my 3 early scans this time. And it's slightly closer if i do need transferring in labour. And yes i just feel like I will be happy at home. My husband having to leave last time was horrible if I'm at home we don't have to go through that

Can anyone shed any light on what this shooting pain is in my right breast. The pain goes from my breast to my nipple, get a few shooting pains then it stops. It seems to be coming and going at the moment.

Zebra2023 i get that too i'm not 100% what it is but i think its just all the changes going on in your breasts

Hi Ladies,

Back from scan, everything was perfect and they have put me forward 4 days so my new due date is the 4th September.

Very exciting!

Thank you..! I'm so excited I think I still can't believe it really.

My only real concern is my due date, as hubby is off to Fiji to see his family in August and not coming back until the end, so hopefully i'll be late rather than early LOL

Hi ladies

I feel like a stranger to the thread. Been away in Yorkshire to visit family for half term and kept away from the internet.

Lovely scan pic Zebra, so clear!!

Glad your scan went well chimp.

hi to all the new ladies and happy 12 weeks to everyone who has made it so far

MTC goodluck for Wednesday, I'm sure you will get to see a lovely baby dancing around in there.

I finally booked in with the midwife today. She was angry that the other midwife hadn't referred me to the diabetic clinic and called the hospital for an appointment next week.
I had a another private scan last Thursday as wanted to tell the family while i was there but needed photographic evidence haha The pictures are crap, very disappointing for £99!! Especially after seeing Zebra's, yours is so good.
She did do a 4D one too. Its a bit scary. It looks like a caterpillar with horns on its head and stubby arms!!!
I have my dating scan next Monday so hopefully it will look a bit more normal by then. I decided not to have the nuchal screening scan as it wont make any difference to the baby's outcome.
I'm still symptomless and wont be finding out the baby's gender. xxx

Thank you..! I'm so excited I think I still can't believe it really.

My only real concern is my due date, as hubby is off to Fiji to see his family in August and not coming back until the end, so hopefully i'll be late rather than early LOL

Sorry to hear he is going away, I hope he is around when baby makes an appearance :hugs:

Hi ladies

I feel like a stranger to the thread. Been away in Yorkshire to visit family for half term and kept away from the internet.

Lovely scan pic Zebra, so clear!!

Glad your scan went well chimp.

hi to all the new ladies and happy 12 weeks to everyone who has made it so far

MTC goodluck for Wednesday, I'm sure you will get to see a lovely baby dancing around in there.

I finally booked in with the midwife today. She was angry that the other midwife hadn't referred me to the diabetic clinic and called the hospital for an appointment next week.
I had a another private scan last Thursday as wanted to tell the family while i was there but needed photographic evidence haha The pictures are crap, very disappointing for £99!! Especially after seeing Zebra's, yours is so good.
She did do a 4D one too. Its a bit scary. It looks like a caterpillar with horns on its head and stubby arms!!!
I have my dating scan next Monday so hopefully it will look a bit more normal by then. I decided not to have the nuchal screening scan as it wont make any difference to the baby's outcome.
I'm still symptomless and wont be finding out the baby's gender. xxx

:wave: Thanks Mwaah. May I ask who you had your private scan with? Sorry to hear it didn't turn out so good :( I hope your dating scan shows your little bean better :thumbup:

Thanks Zebra. I had it with Baby Bond in York. My friend has had 2 scans with them but down here and hers are lovely and she was only 7 and 8 weeks at the time.
As long as there is a heartbeat and its still growing I shouldn't complain really. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->