***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

Yes they do all sorts of things to get a good dcsn position.

Are any of you doing anything to naturally encourage labour

Glad I wasn't the only one then, I did find it a little weird as it was a first for me. I did have to laugh, it was so funny. Things we do hey ladies :haha:

I have been bouncing on my ball a lot, TMI but we did give my cervix a good bashing early last week. RLT. What is everyone else doing?

Loving all the going home outfits. I'll take a pic when I finally pack my bags. Saw the midwife today who said she will come to my house to give me some sweeps as soon as the consultant ok's it tomorrow.

Glad all went well Zebra and you have a date :) My induction with my son took 5 days!!! We had the 1st pessary at 10am Saturday morning and he came out 9.31am Wednesday. I hope its a lot quicker for you. Thats a lovely weight Zebra. My LO was 5lb 10oz at the 34 week scan.

Yay for a washing machine Lisa. Bet you are mad washing now.

Oh ladies I think we are all in the running to be 1st!! Well I wont hold out much hope for me unless they induce before the 1st as it took dynamite to get Banjo out!!

Don't be so sure Sannie, my sister went on her due date with her 1st. I think Pink could be 1st actually.

I'll keep you posted about my scan tomorrow unless she is masshoosive I dont think they induce earlier than 39 weeks for me. xxxx

What is involved with inductions? I'm confused. I thought when you get induced they don't let you leave the hospital and they hook you up to an IV and start giving pitocin to start contracting.
so wouldn't baby be born day of induction?

Yay for midwife doing sweeps soon meaah

Zebra I doing rlt, been bouncing on my ball and doing lots of walking not sure if I up for dtd but we will see

Shattered now been on my feet pretty much constantly since 1. Went to for a few shops then went to Chloe's very late 2 year review, followed by more shops then a trip to the park only just got home

Bit of a selfish message and I haven't wanted to post this before as I don't want to upset anyone but I'm in tears and no one seems to understands....

I am just so worried something bad is going to happen I have practically soent my entire pregnancy living day by day waiting for the one thing I have been waiting 5 years for to be taken away from me and I cannot shift this horrid thought :cry:

Never wrote this before but I went thru severe depression when we had to terminate our first pregnancy due to trisomie18, it took me too long to get help that I attempted suicide once and feel so guilty about that still....

Ppl keep telling me to stop being so negative etc...well this is what they all told me last time aswell eventho i Just knew something was wrong with my baby so percentages mean nothing to me as what we had is fairly rare so..

Just not coping very well atm I think it's time to tell the midwife about it :nope:
Sorry I don't mean to upset anyone. xxx

Big hugs sannie, it's perfectly normal to feel like you are especially after a lose, I did with my daughter even in labour I think its something you will always hold there until baby is in your arms, just try and relax about it as much as possible, though I know it's hard :hugs:

I understand Sannie, it is very hard after a loss to think that everything is going to be ok. Sending big hugs your way <3

Sannie parl is hard and you never stop worrying, it's only natural to feel that way, especially being so close.

Zebra your date is the same as mine. If I get to my induction date I don't think it will take long as mine tend to be early babies.

I won't be doing anything to bring labour on early as I don't eat an August baby!

Liss the washing machine hasn't stopped!

Went to docs tonight. Woke up at 3.30am with a whooshkng on my right ear. Midwife said to get blood pressure checked. So saw gp - blood pressure was 102/50 so all good there.

It's probably pulsating tinnitus probably caused by a blockage in tube in ear due to all he flem I have had for weeks which is probably a mixture of the pg and hayfever.

Hope it clears up cos I've had enough already!

Big hugs Sannie, I'm glad you posted as we are all here for you.

Had my scan today, baby is still in 99th centile chart, and weighing in at 8lb 2oz. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and because of my back pain and sciatica they have referred me to the FAU for baby to have a CTG and then see a consultant about getting induced.

Although I'm not sure I want to be, if it's for my sake rather than babies I will probably say no thank you, but if it's for baby then of course I will go ahead with it. I had an induction with my 2nd son so I know what it involves.

Should be getting a call from my hubby in about 2 hours after he arrives in Fiji, so I will happy again then.. haha

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Mwaah!

Let us know how the CTG goes chimp and don't blame you for not having induction if its just for your good x

Sending big hugs Sannie. Its good that you are letting it off your chest. We are always here to listen. Hope the midwife can offer some support.

I had my midwife appointment today. Measuring 36 weeks at the mo. When i looked at my notes at home shes put that the baby is engaged. Not sure if she has just put it though, she never really felt and she never mentioned anything. Few faint pains tonight. Had a very hot curry for tea. May dtd but hubby is not in my good books at the mo.

Lol pink my midwife has a dam good feel to check exactly where babies head is I normally grimace with the pain. Did it say how much engaged?

Seem to be measuring at a good point, I am between the 50th and 90 or 99 centile line for fundal height.

I've been bouncing on my ball, walked into town and may DTD tonight if I can be bothered and if we can find a position my bump gets in the way.

Loving all the going home outfits. I'll take a pic when I finally pack my bags. Saw the midwife today who said she will come to my house to give me some sweeps as soon as the consultant ok's it tomorrow.

Glad all went well Zebra and you have a date :) My induction with my son took 5 days!!! We had the 1st pessary at 10am Saturday morning and he came out 9.31am Wednesday. I hope its a lot quicker for you. Thats a lovely weight Zebra. My LO was 5lb 10oz at the 34 week scan.

I'll keep you posted about my scan tomorrow unless she is masshoosive I dont think they induce earlier than 39 weeks for me. xxxx

Good news about them doing sweeps soon :) Hope all goes well at the scan :flower:

Wow 5 days, that is a long time!! I have been reading up about it and probably shouldn't have really as I am a little anxious now. I am trying to recap what they said about induction at the NCT classes too. Glad we covered that. I do hope it is a lot quicker for me as if I don't go in to labour or if it doesn't work they might give me the c-section. Would like to avoid that if I can. Wow really? I do wonder how accurate they are though, they can be very wrong. I must say she is small as I have seen others bigger at around 34 weeks. I guess we are all different and they grow at different rates :thumbup:

Yay for midwife doing sweeps soon meaah

Zebra I doing rlt, been bouncing on my ball and doing lots of walking not sure if I up for dtd but we will see

Shattered now been on my feet pretty much constantly since 1. Went to for a few shops then went to Chloe's very late 2 year review, followed by more shops then a trip to the park only just got home

How are you finding the RLT? I wish I had some energy to walk, I am just like blah :haha: I don't blame you for not being up for DTD, it is extremely uncomfortable and totally different so I probably won't be doing that again in a hurry :haha: Sounds like you had a lovely but busy day.

Bit of a selfish message and I haven't wanted to post this before as I don't want to upset anyone but I'm in tears and no one seems to understands....

I am just so worried something bad is going to happen I have practically soent my entire pregnancy living day by day waiting for the one thing I have been waiting 5 years for to be taken away from me and I cannot shift this horrid thought :cry:

Never wrote this before but I went thru severe depression when we had to terminate our first pregnancy due to trisomie18, it took me too long to get help that I attempted suicide once and feel so guilty about that still....

Ppl keep telling me to stop being so negative etc...well this is what they all told me last time aswell eventho i Just knew something was wrong with my baby so percentages mean nothing to me as what we had is fairly rare so..

Just not coping very well atm I think it's time to tell the midwife about it :nope:
Sorry I don't mean to upset anyone. xxx

Sannie, big hugs :hugs: sorry to hear what you are going through at the moment, you know we all are here to listen, best to get it off your chest. I second what Dancer says :)

Sannie parl is hard and you never stop worrying, it's only natural to feel that way, especially being so close.

Zebra your date is the same as mine. If I get to my induction date I don't think it will take long as mine tend to be early babies.

I won't be doing anything to bring labour on early as I don't eat an August baby!

Liss the washing machine hasn't stopped!

Went to docs tonight. Woke up at 3.30am with a whooshkng on my right ear. Midwife said to get blood pressure checked. So saw gp - blood pressure was 102/50 so all good there.

It's probably pulsating tinnitus probably caused by a blockage in tube in ear due to all he flem I have had for weeks which is probably a mixture of the pg and hayfever.

Hope it clears up cos I've had enough already!

Can't believe we have the same dates, be interesting to know if we wait that long. Oh no, that doesn't sound good, hope it clears for you and you feel better soon :flower:

Big hugs Sannie, I'm glad you posted as we are all here for you.

Had my scan today, baby is still in 99th centile chart, and weighing in at 8lb 2oz. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and because of my back pain and sciatica they have referred me to the FAU for baby to have a CTG and then see a consultant about getting induced.

Although I'm not sure I want to be, if it's for my sake rather than babies I will probably say no thank you, but if it's for baby then of course I will go ahead with it. I had an induction with my 2nd son so I know what it involves.

Should be getting a call from my hubby in about 2 hours after he arrives in Fiji, so I will happy again then.. haha

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Mwaah!

Pleased things went well at your scan, hope things go ok with the CTG. Hope they don't have to induce you if they don't have too.

Sending big hugs Sannie. Its good that you are letting it off your chest. We are always here to listen. Hope the midwife can offer some support.

I had my midwife appointment today. Measuring 36 weeks at the mo. When i looked at my notes at home shes put that the baby is engaged. Not sure if she has just put it though, she never really felt and she never mentioned anything. Few faint pains tonight. Had a very hot curry for tea. May dtd but hubby is not in my good books at the mo.

Not long for you Pink now. Odd that she has put engaged and didn't feel, like MTC the midwife has a good feel of her too. Is a bit painful when they do.

Dunno how I managed to do it tbh just did lol though my walk was pretty slow. My bsth was nice but had to cut short as was getting regular bh for the last part :dohh:

Ooo good signs the body is practicing. I got braxton hicks early too, I was in agony with them. I screamed :wacko: have yours got stronger?

The Husband has been making me laugh today, driving over all the bumps and in pot holes to try and get her to arrive soon. He really doesn't want to go back to work this week :haha: men lol.

Ive been having since 20 something weeks been getting stronger, these in bath were strongest yet they verged on painful

Glad it seems normal then, I was a little concerned if it was turning out to be the real thing. Scary.

Ball is my best friend and worst enemy right now, got on they started up again what's betting they stop second I get off :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->