***September Rainbow babies 2013 - 4 boy & 5 girls born so far***

Happy bday danca!!

Very true sannie! Calm before the storm! I remember having lunch the day before labor started and i felt fine.

Looks like maybe more aug babies then sept babies! :haha:

Let's cross our toes,fingers, legs and anything else that can be crossed :rofl:

Baby Maddison born at 1.42pm weighing 9lbs 12oz (same weight as her sister) born at home in the water. Despite her weight and fact she came out like superman I didn't tear at all. Feeding like a dream.

Big congrats MTC our first rainbow.

Glad it went so well.

Can't wait to see pics.

A rainbow born on my birthday!

Hope you get your VBAC pink :flower:

Congratulations MTC, a lot happened yesterday and today. So happy for you that you got your home birth. Wonderful. Can't wait to see photos. Hope you and baby are doing well :flower:

Dancer - Happy Birthday for yesterday, was lovely what the midwives did for you :D

Sannie - Sorry to hear about your scare, hope you both are well.

Mwaah and Army, hope you both are doing well too :)

AFM - I had my last scan and consultant appointment today. All went well, she is weighing in at about 6lb 4oz approx. She was also hiding her face too which was cute :cloud9: I asked all the questions I needed too at my consultant appointment, I am much better in the know now which is great. They tried to do a stretch and sweep with me today but my cervix is closed but very soft. She is 3/5 engaged, so I think that is 2 more 5ths to go? That is quite low!! They are giving me 5 days for labour to arrive with the induction, if not then I will be having a c-section. It is looking good for now though so I am not too worried. 5 days is really good. So I will be in hospital for quite a bit before and after.

Happy belated birthday Lisa. That was nice of the hospital staff to do that for you.
I have been expressing colostrum from 36 weeks to take to the hospital with me. Banjo was born with really low blood sugars and they wanted to tube feed him I wouldnt let them but I had to feed him 20 mls of formula every hour to keep his sugars up. Hopefully this time i will have enough of my own milk rather than use formula.

Congratulations MTC. You did really well and another big baby for you. You were the 1st woop woop. hope she is still feeding well and you have had a rest.

I wonder how pink is getting on.

Well I had my sweep!!! It was OUCH!! not looking forward to another one. I bled straight away and then it stopped. I have backache now but that is all. Seeing the consultant at 10.15am but dont think much will be happening by then if at all lol. Think I'm going to get OH to join me in bed soon, he would usually be over the moon about it but he has a cold. I'm not letting him off the hook though.

Army I think you could be soon.

xxxx

Thank you Zebra. We posted the same time. What a lovely weight :)

5 days isnt long at all. My induction is in 7 days. I hope you manage to induce labour and escape surgery.

The midwife said my induction should be quick as she could of broke my waters today which means they wont need to use gel on me when I get admitted. She also said my baby felt bald lol I really thought she would of had some hair.

xxx

Thank you Zebra. We posted the same time. What a lovely weight :)

5 days isnt long at all. My induction is in 7 days. I hope you manage to induce labour and escape surgery.

The midwife said my induction should be quick as she could of broke my waters today which means they wont need to use gel on me when I get admitted. She also said my baby felt bald lol I really thought she would of had some hair.

xxx

Thank you, I really hope so but if I have to have a c-section I think I am ok with that. But hopefully my body will take over :D

Not long now until your induction, great that they managed to do your sweep. Hope it starts things for you :D certainly sounds like it will do soon as they could have broken your waters. Aww bless, hehe, be nice to see if she is right when little baby comes out :D xxx

Lots of my friends have had c-sections and thought they were great. I have nothing against them. I'm just a big wimp and petrified of stitches haha also means I can't go back to work as soon as I had hoped.

I do have this constant backache which only started after the sweep but I know Army has had it too for days and still nothing so not getting too excited.

Another 2 weeks max and I think most people on this thread will have their babies in their arms.

I really need to pack still I'm so slack. I have done Lucy's bag and half mine. Are you all ready?? xxx

Zebra: wow 5 days!!!! Either way you'll be holding your baby soon!!! Hopefully your body will kick it into gear but if not as long as you and baby are safe thats all that matters :)

Mwaah: hope the sweep starts doing some sweeping away at your plug and cervix! :haha: ya still having back pain at night doesn't seem to do much for me.

I'll probably be the last one to pop even tho im due sept 2nd lol...i know i'll probably go late.

I am with you on this one, I want to be mobile after rather than bed bound really. I have had a few people say to me too that they like c-sections. I too want to experience it vaginally/naturally rather than getting surgery. End of the day though, as long as we are both safe I can't really complain, that is all that matters :)

What are the sweeps like? I was slightly gutted at not getting one today but I have a midwife appointment on Thursday, see if she can try and do one for me :D Maybe it will come on spontaneously for you both, it came a shock from nowhere for MTC it seems, I was so happy to come on here and see a birth :D

Agreed, really don't think it is too long for us all now :happydance:

Eeep you must pack just in case things happen :) mine are all packed and in the car waiting :haha: Is that sad? lol :D

Ok......i don't want to jinx this.....it probably means nothing but i've had real contractions in the last half hour.....i'm sure it'll probably stop. Its about 15min apart.

Edit :almost 2hrs later now and contractions have stopped ...:(

Thanks ladies, happy late birthday dancer :D

Just thought i would give you a rough idea of birth, will post full story later.

-Woke up at 2 am with what I thought was contractions
-Slept on and off until close to 4 am.
- Midwives arrived at about 5.30, baby was a little high, but I was in definte labour despite the fact i was coping so well you couldn't really tell. All the contractions were pressure ones due to baby being a bit high, and her needing to get lower.
- Set one of waters went at 11.25
- Got in pool 10.30, got out about 12 because things were slowing a little due to baby still being high
- Walked around and baby dropped again which is when pain really started.
- Pushed for 24 minutes, she was born with her hand in a superman position.
- No pain relief at any point.
- No tearing, which surprised even midwives due to weight and funny positioning.

Hope pink is doing okay. Very shocked I had my baby when I did no signs at all that labour was starting.

The first picture is a family picture when baby was about 2 hours old when her big sister was home, sorry for quality but its a picture I took with my phone of the picture on the camera.

2nd picture is not long after she had been taken out of the pool.

Attachments

• 2013-08-27 16.37.37-1 (1024x746).jpg
    2013-08-27 16.37.37-1 (1024x746).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2013-08-28 09.20.38-2 (816x612).jpg
    2013-08-28 09.20.38-2 (816x612).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 7
The first picture is a family picture when baby was about 2 hours old when her big sister was home, sorry for quality but its a picture I took with my phone of the picture on the camera.

2nd picture is not long after she had been taken out of the pool.

She is beautiful.

Well done on no pain relief, amazing.:thumbup:

What does Chloe think of her little sister?

Congratulations MTC she's beautiful...! And what a labour well done you!

Hope Pink is getting on ok, and happy belated birthday Dancer...!

Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Nothing happening over here, had a few BH but nothing major. Got another appointment on Friday for CTG and see consultant. Scan yesterday showed baby was weighing just under 9lbs, but like I said before I don't really believe that as I know they can be really out with weight. I'm still guessing at 8lb 9.. haha

Congratulations MTC she's beautiful...! And what a labour well done you!

Hope Pink is getting on ok, and happy belated birthday Dancer...!

Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Nothing happening over here, had a few BH but nothing major. Got another appointment on Friday for CTG and see consultant. Scan yesterday showed baby was weighing just under 9lbs, but like I said before I don't really believe that as I know they can be really out with weight. I'm still guessing at 8lb 9.. haha

I take it hubby is now back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->