• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***September Rainbow babies 2013 parenting thread***

I have found my Caitlin settles better when warm, I discovered this in hospital when she wouldn't settle .

When she's finished feeding I put her on my shoulder to wind her, I then place a blanket across her back for about 5 mins, so this is under her when I lay her in the Moses basket, so instead of lying on a cold sheet she is nice and week, no need to rock to sleep, might be worth a try.

Last night she slept from 10.30 to 4.00. Fed her, put blanket round her and back in basket by 4.30. She then woke about 7.30

image.jpg

@dancareoi That's a gorgeous pic :D

George seems to sleep for hours but it takes hours to actually get him off to sleep :haha:

xx

Can't believe our lo's are almost or are a month old!!!!!!! Seems like the other day we were all pregnant and fed up lol

Cute picture Dancer. She looks so peaceful.

It has gone so quick Army, doesn't seem two minutes since we found out we were pregnant and joining the September thread :)

Hi everyone. Sorry its taken so long for me to post, it been a hectic 5 weeks and theres no signs of it slowing down eek. My grandad died the week after Harry was born, its so sad he didnt get to see him, he went downhill so quickly and by the time i saw him he was asleep most of the time. He knew Harry had arrived though so im happy with that. The rest of the time has been spent juggling a baby and a toddler. Olly has finally agreed to potty train, hurray!
Harry is now 8lb6 at 5 weeks (born 6lb3) he's been breastfed but im trying to move him onto formula now, its not easy when hes constantly attatched to the breast and you have a very demanding 2yr old. I cant multitask either haha. The move isnt going too well. I didnt research it properly and tried cold turkey yesterday, ouch! Im now trying to wean him off the breast, hes doing great on formula, so much more content.

We are back to the mums and toddler group tomorrow, not sure if we will make it for 9.30 :haha: it takes us ages to get out of the house usually.

Glad to see you are all doing well, love the pictures. Will try get some up of my two soon :)

Hey pink, so sorry to hear about your Grandad :hugs: and to hear about what you are going through. Hope you all are ok :hugs: looking forward to seeing some photos. Pleased things are going well with feeding and Harry's weight too :D

Anyone finding their post partum bleeding start stop start stop? I thought it was finally over now its starting up again . I think with my first I bled for the full 6wks so I know it is early yet .
I just really wanna start workin out again!!

Mine stopped a while ago, didn't experience any of the start stopping, odd :wacko: Hopefully it will subside for you soon Army :)

Army, mine is the same. I think I've stopped, nothing then for 2-3 days then a bit more.

Seem to think with first and third was about 3 weeks which were vaginal births, however after with second which was a section, I think it was about 6 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your grandad Pink.

Great she is sleeping through Zebra.

Well I went onto formula. I just don't have time to breastfeed with being back at work but the main reason was the sore nipples. I was dreading feed times and then on Friday she was feeding off pure blood through my cracked nips. I expressed all weekend but then she wouldnt latch on again. She is much happier on formula ( we both are ). Lucy has gone from 8lb 7oz birth weight to 9lb 8oz at 3 weeks.

She has her night time bottle and goes for 6 hours wakes for a bottle then goes another 4 hours. In the morning she feeds every 3 hours then sleeps most of the afternoon. When she is awake she is so alert and even laughs!!! Banjo slept until he was 8 weeks old.

We havent DTD yet as I'm still bleeding. It stops and starts like you Army and Lisa. I feel ok down there even after the stitches so thinking I'm all healed. I just want the bleeding to stop now so we can make a start on number 3!!! lol

How is everyone?? I love baby pics....please all get posting :) xxxx

Attachments

• Lucy 3 weeks 1.jpg
    Lucy 3 weeks 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Lucy 3 weeks.jpg
    Lucy 3 weeks.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
Pink so sorry to hear about your granddad.

Dancer & Mwaah - my goodness they are a beauties, love the photo's.

Zebra - extremely jealous of the sleeping through the night, wish Dalton would.. haha

Had Dalton weighed today and he is now 12lb 2oz... little porker. There was a baby that was a day younger than him and she was tiny compared to him.. :haha:

Attachments

• dalton 1.jpg
    dalton 1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3
  • dalton 3.jpg
    dalton 3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1
He is gorgeous Chimp. He is a little porker but doesnt look it. No wonder he doesnt sleep through, feeding is obviously much more fun :) xxx

Lovely photos mwaah and chimp. I have some of Caitlyn in my journal if you'd like to look. Does anyone else have a journal?

Pleased to hear both of your babies are doing well too, gaining weight nicely :thumbup: I got Caitlyn weighed yesterday, was a nightmare appointment, HV was running late by an hour :wacko: anyway Caitlyn now weighs 7lb 5oz :D I did a guess before we went and I got it right :happydance:

Mwaah - Hope your bleeding stops soon. Have you got any dates in mind for number 3?

Wow she has gained lots Zebra. Well done for being a fab mummy. I can't keep up with who is breast, formula and mixed.

I stopped bleeding with Banjo 3 weeks after his birth and fell pregnant at 9 weeks after but then had a MMC at 10 weeks. This time just going to take it easy and not stress about it. If its going to happen it will eventually. I'm 38 in January so would rather it be sooner if it is going to happen. Banjo was born 8th sept, Lucy 9th sept so we could try for the 10th lol.

Are you planning another anytime soon?? xx

All this talk of more babies makes me sooooo jeolous, but at the age of 42 with 4 kids already the sensible thing is to stop considering how difficult the last 2 years have been.

DH has app on 16th oct about having the snip! I don't want him to get it done. At least not yet , it feels too soon.

Loving all the pics.

Wow chimp, dalton is a right little buster, but as Liss says, he doesn't look it.

Caitlin hasn't been weighed this week . Last week she was 7.7. Health visitor coming back again next Wednesday.

Still over a week until I start driving, so I will take her to the clinic then.

We are still mainly breast feeding and expressing in between feeds as well. Caitlin has a bottle of formula about 10-10.30. She had been having approx 50ml but tonight she had about 80!

Pink, sorry to hear about your grandad.

Where has the last 4 weeks gone?

So much going on, arranging DS party as be will be 12 on 6th November and dd will be 9 on 8th November . We have parents evening for both coming up. Youngest DS has MMR jab next week and we need to get flu vaccine for him too. Dd does drama after school on Mondays and gymnastics Thursday evenings . We have our 6 week check on 15th oct and I have to have my diabetes test at hosp on 23rd oct. we are at DS nursery Monday afternoon so be can show his new baby off in a ceremony for Caitlin 'welcome to the world'

With 4 kids it will only get more be hectic, but once I can drive again that will help DH because at the moment he is doing all the running around

Last weekend we swapped the dining room and play room over which me much better, cleared some of he rubbish out and found things that had been missing. Need some new curtains now !

DH and eldest DS are off to Anfield tomorrow. Although we live in Midlands we are Liverpool supporters!

Caitlin allowing, me, dd and DS are hoping to make some cup cakes, fairy cakes and a choc cake and hopefully go for a walk as well.

Anybody got anything nice Planned for weekend?

Wow she has gained lots Zebra. Well done for being a fab mummy. I can't keep up with who is breast, formula and mixed.

I stopped bleeding with Banjo 3 weeks after his birth and fell pregnant at 9 weeks after but then had a MMC at 10 weeks. This time just going to take it easy and not stress about it. If its going to happen it will eventually. I'm 38 in January so would rather it be sooner if it is going to happen. Banjo was born 8th sept, Lucy 9th sept so we could try for the 10th lol.

Are you planning another anytime soon?? xx

Thanks Mwaah :flower: I am doing a mix of breastfeeding, expressing and formula feeding. I must say it is so much easier now she is bigger. People come over to see her when we are out and always say how small she is, she is still quite tiny but I am happy with her weight gain. Following 2nd centile nicely, HV seems pleased too :)

Sorry about your MMC :hugs: That sounds good though with just taking it easy, it will happen when you least expect it. Good luck and lots of dust :dust: Haha that is pretty kool, would be funny if that happened :haha:

Orignally I wanted to enjoy Caitlyn for a good few years, talking 3 years or so but I feel my body wants another baby already. Just think it is instinct/hormones but I am not so sure. I'd feel a little guilty if I tried so soon. I am only 22 so I have a long way to go really (not to rub anything in there)

All this talk of more babies makes me sooooo jeolous, but at the age of 42 with 4 kids already the sensible thing is to stop considering how difficult the last 2 years have been.

DH has app on 16th oct about having the snip! I don't want him to get it done. At least not yet , it feels too soon.

Loving all the pics.

Wow chimp, dalton is a right little buster, but as Liss says, he doesn't look it.

Caitlin hasn't been weighed this week . Last week she was 7.7. Health visitor coming back again next Wednesday.

Still over a week until I start driving, so I will take her to the clinic then.

We are still mainly breast feeding and expressing in between feeds as well. Caitlin has a bottle of formula about 10-10.30. She had been having approx 50ml but tonight she had about 80!

Pink, sorry to hear about your grandad.

Where has the last 4 weeks gone?

So much going on, arranging DS party as be will be 12 on 6th November and dd will be 9 on 8th November . We have parents evening for both coming up. Youngest DS has MMR jab next week and we need to get flu vaccine for him too. Dd does drama after school on Mondays and gymnastics Thursday evenings . We have our 6 week check on 15th oct and I have to have my diabetes test at hosp on 23rd oct. we are at DS nursery Monday afternoon so be can show his new baby off in a ceremony for Caitlin 'welcome to the world'

With 4 kids it will only get more be hectic, but once I can drive again that will help DH because at the moment he is doing all the running around

Last weekend we swapped the dining room and play room over which me much better, cleared some of he rubbish out and found things that had been missing. Need some new curtains now !

DH and eldest DS are off to Anfield tomorrow. Although we live in Midlands we are Liverpool supporters!

Caitlin allowing, me, dd and DS are hoping to make some cup cakes, fairy cakes and a choc cake and hopefully go for a walk as well.

Anybody got anything nice Planned for weekend?

Sounds like you have a busy few weeks coming up Dancer, all good fun by the sounds of things. Hope you have a lovely time with upcoming parties. Hope all goes well with your appointments too :)

Nothing much planned for this weekend, it is my Birthday on Sunday, I have the flu at the moment though so not sure, might go for a meal if better :)

Only 22, seems a life time ago!

I'll be one of those moms at the school gate who people will look at and be thinking is she the mom or be nan!! I'll be 47 when Caitlin starts school primary school . When she finishes I will be 54 and will have been doing he school run at that school for 19 years!

At the end of this month DH and I will have been together 25 years.

Zebra my DH and I had been together 3 years before you were even born. That makes me feel so old

To all you lovely ladies who are going to TTC again a little word of wisdom, don't leave it too long!

I was 30 when I had my first and 33 for second.

I them had mmc at 37 and third was born just before I was 39.

I then had mmc at 40 and another mmc at 41, before Caitlin was born, a week after my 42nd birthday.

As you can see, as I have got older I have had more problems.

Hope you feel better soon and have a good birthday.

I'll be one of those moms at the school gate who people will look at and be thinking is she the mom or be nan!! I'll be 47 when Caitlin starts school primary school . When she finishes I will be 54 and will have been doing he school run at that school for 19 years!

Zebra my DH and I had been together 3 years before you were even born. That makes me feel so old

To all you lovely ladies who are going to TTC again a little word of wisdom, don't leave it too long!

I then had mmc at 40 and another mmc at 41, before Caitlin was born, a week after my 42nd birthday.

People tend to think I look younger, I did get a comment once sat in hospital that I was 16 and pregnant :haha: If I look that young I think I would like to age a little bit :)

Aww Dancer, you are not old!! They say life begins 40 and all :flower: Yay for being together 25 years, hope you have a wonderful time with whatever you decide to do.

I hope this is not a weird question but how do you find having 4 kids? I would love a big family, I enjoyed pregnancy/labour/birth so much I just feel like I want to do it again and again. I would probably end up on 16 kids and counting :haha: I don't think I will be trying for another just yet, even though my body wants too and I think I would like too, I will feel guilty :wacko:

Sorry to hear about your MMC and problems you've had :hugs:

Thank you :flower: feeling a little better today which is good :D

People tend to think I look younger, I did get a comment once sat in hospital that I was 16 and pregnant :haha: If I look that young I think I would like to age a little bit :)

Aww Dancer, you are not old!! They say life begins 40 and all :flower: Yay for being together 25 years, hope you have a wonderful time with whatever you decide to do.

I hope this is not a weird question but how do you find having 4 kids? I would love a big family, I enjoyed pregnancy/labour/birth so much I just feel like I want to do it again and again. I would probably end up on 16 kids and counting :haha: I don't think I will be trying for another just yet, even though my body wants too and I think I would like too, I will feel guilty :wacko:

Sorry to hear about your MMC and problems you've had :hugs:

Thank you :flower: feeling a little better today which is good :D

People are surprised when I tell them I'm 42, they think I'm mid 30's. however I am look younger on the outside but its the inside where it matters and my eggs are now getting on!

I always saw myself with 2 kids and DH agreed. However the day my second was born I knew I had to have another. DH wasn't so keen but finally came around and 5 1/2 years after dd our DS was born (following mmc at 8 weeks)

When he was born I was happy with our family, but those maternal feelings kicked in again and after 2 years of heartache (long story) our beautiful rainbow was born.

However I look at her and think, I want to do this again, it DH says big no, I know he's right but I can't just stop feeling like this, plus if we did try again the chances are we would have the same problems we had before Caitlin was born and that was awful, plus we have 4 kids now to think of.

I love having a big family, a lot of the time it's complete madness. Noise and complete mess are common place! As soon as I tidy up one place another gets messy.

Good thing is, if I want a cuppa my eldest DS can now make me one! He's nearly as tall as me as well. He's a lovely polite and clever lad who took his 11+ exams last year and started at grammer school in September.

Dd is 8 going on 18. She loves performing and being the centre of attention, she is very athletic and strong as an ox. Now becoming more interested in clothes and wants a cosmetic case for Christmas (keep telling her she's too young)

My 3 year old is lovely because its such a fab age, although he can be a bit of monkey at times, but luckily he's great with his new little sister.

It's quite amusing because my DD(8) used to wind up her older brother (11) all the time, but now my 3 year old boy now winds her up! I keep telling her what goes around comes around, so in a few years time no doubt Caitlin will be winding him up!

They are great company for each other though, especially the two older ones. For example going to a amusement park, the Older ones go on all the rides together, so in a few years time, Caitlin and Eoin will be the same good company to each other.

There's always something going on with school, nursery, parties etc so I have t make sure I keep my diary up to date.

Good job I don't work as I wouldn't have time!

We have our own business and before Caitlin was born I would do 2 mornings a week. I do a little bit now but not much .

Having a big family is complete bedlam but I wouldn't change it for the world:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->