~* September Sparkles 2018 *~

Beach baby we dont do 3 hr or 1hr tests here! Just a 2hr and failing that gets you diagnosed! I had my test last weds and should find out the results tomorrow at my midwife appt. Luckily i managed to keep the drink down until after the final needle then i vomited the whole lot back up. That stuff is soooo gross and really makes my reflux play up something shocking! So i have to constantly taste it as it keeps coming back up the whole 2 hours making me gag :nope:

Hopefully if i dont get diagnosed i wont have to do an early test next time around like i had to this time! Twice in one pregnancy is just nasty :wacko:

Cookie sorry to hear the placenta is still blocking while you are moving around! That would be so frustrating!!

I am not sure when to pack my hospital bag, thinking maybe around 34 weeks.

Waiting - so glad your MRI went so well! Such a relief for you!

I can't beleive i am hitting 31 weeks already! Hopefully only around 9 weeks to go! It hit me today how close it is when i realised i only have 5 weeks work left if i stop at the point i was planning to! :happydance:

So it’s been quite a while since I have been on. I have been so busy and just trying to sleep/rest/relax in my off time. Baby’s room is starting to come together, although we will be sleeping in something similar to a next2me for the first few months. It’s a Halo bassinet and the base slides under our bed so baby is right beside me.
We just hit 31 weeks! Pretty exciting stuff. Had a growth u/s yesterday and baby is measuring pretty big at 4lbs 11oz. Which makes me nervous... but it’s just an estimate and hopefully baby will even out and we won’t have to deliver earlier than 39 weeks.
I start my biophysical profiles (bpp) next week. If the score goes below a 6 out of 10 they will schedule the c-section.
We have had a crazy heat wave the past few days causing my ankles and feet to swell A LOT! Just hoping for some relief from that soon.

Hi ladies!! We've just come back from 10 days out of town. It has been HOT!!! oh my how I love my a/c!

Not long left now, the summer months always seems to go so quick too. Everyone sounds like they are doing pretty well. I did my GTT the other week and that was fine, but they did a urine test at the same time and apparently I had a UTI, so I just finished a course of antibiotics for that. My body is weird and I seem to be able to habour infections with no symptoms :S Anyway, all good now hopefully.

we have a co-sleeper for the first few weeks and then a bassinet for in our room for a few weeks after that. We have to turn the toddler bed back into a crib in the baby room, but that shouldn't take too long, just have to get DH to do it...

My next appointment is this Thursday and I'll be graduating to the low risk clinic! I think they'll do one last scan at the high risk clinic and then transfer me over. I feel like everything is likely to be ok now. Not sure what to expect after that but I'm really excited for hitting 30 weeks this weekend as 19 years ago my mum had my twin brothers at 30 weeks and, besides some initial minor complications, they are both totally fine. I'm at the same hospital now and have a singleton, so I'm feeling good.

Cookie, I feel ya on the anterior placenta. It's a little nerve wracking as soon as I start thinking about it. In my moments of panic, I've been giving it 10 or 15 minutes and if I don't feel anything I have something sugary and then try again. My LO seems to have a pretty regular schedule which helps I think.

It's been rather quiet on here as of late, hope all of you are doing well. I just found out, because of my preeclampsia, my doctor will be inducing labor. It's a little scary thinking about it, but it also means that I won't be completing the full 40 weeks which means I'll be meeting the little one sooner than expected. Haven't gotten a induction date yet, but I'll let all of you know as soon as I know.

:dohh:Hi ladies!

LilFooshFoosh yay for moving to low risk! That's so exciting!

Mickels that is exciting you will get to meet bub earlier! Hope the induction goes really well for you.

I have been diagnosed with GDM from my GTT :dohh: surprisingly I passed the fasting level but failed the ones after the drink. MW thinks I will end up on meds due to failing both the sugar ones, but I have to do diet controlled first and see how I go. :shrug: If I end up on meds they will induce me at 38/39 weeks apparently but I'm hoping I can just diet control!

Started my fingerprick tests yesterday, and so far they have all been well under the limits, so I am hopeful that will continue! I am holding onto hope that I only went over cause I don't generally eat much sugar/carbs (didn't even realise how little in carbs I eat til the dietician diabetic class this week :blush: supposed to be eating 2-3 at main meals and 1-2 at snacks 3 times a day apparently, and I realised my main meals generally are 0-1, occasionally more carbs at dinner but only maybe once a week and I dont really snack.. at all.. oops) and so my theory is not eating much sugar or carbs my body just couldn't handle the overload of that drink! :haha: could be wrong but time will tell I guess!

Hope everyone else is going well!

Sorry to hear you failed the GTT lightning - I too am doing the finger pricks but have ended up on medication as it was my fasting results that were always too high. Only base meds at the moment, two pills with dinner and some insulin in the evening. Managing to diet control the rest of the day. Hopefully you can manage it with diet alone!

How is everything going with the preE Mickels? No issues yet?

Glad you have made it out of high risk LilFoosh, that must be a relief.

I am still waiting to find out my section date, it wont get set till I have my 36 week growth scan in 3.5 weeks, it could be 38 weeks or it could be 39 weeks, will definitely be before 40 though. It feels so close and yet so far at the same time!

Mickels that is exciting you will get to meet bub earlier! Hope the induction goes really well for you.

So exciting, I can't wait for my next scan on the 26th of July:happydance:. We'll then see if bub is laying in the head down position and if induction will even be possible. Doctor's not keen on doing a C-section, because the anesthesia could make my BP rise too high or fall too low, so we have all fingers and toes crossed at this point

How is everything going with the preE Mickels? No issues yet?

Luckily I haven't had any problems thus far, accept for a UTI compliments of the protein in my urine from the preE:dohh:. Other than that me and bub have both been doing really good

Sorry about the gd ladies. Fx you can manage it. Diabetes runs on both sides of my family, so my eating habits are similar to yours Lightning, people always think it's weird at first when I turn down fries or pizza but I never feel well after eating that stuff.

Waiting, I thought I'd get my section date or at least schedule my hospital registration at my appointment yesterday, but the doctor ended up having to deal with an emergency, so they just did my BPP and scheduled me at the low risk clinic in 3 weeks. I'm hoping to get my date then. And talk to them about birth control and endo control options for after baby.

I'm glad things are going smoothly Mickels.

Anyone having a shower? Or had one already?

I passed my glucose test, we have a scan scheduled for a heart echo scan. Hopefully they will show us our baby again. We haven't seen him since may and may not see him again unless medically necessary until he's born! I'm set up at the birth center in our state. Gap Insurance has been accepted so they will act like the birth center is actually in network! (Saving us about 2 grand) My hubby took some pics of me on our baby moon. I'll try and post them! I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Attachments

• PSX_20180716_170146.jpg
    PSX_20180716_170146.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180716_154553_108.jpg
    IMG_20180716_154553_108.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20180716_143931_908.jpg
    IMG_20180716_143931_908.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 5
  • FB_IMG_1531761936117.jpg
    FB_IMG_1531761936117.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 7
Sorry I’ve been MIA.
Haven’t had the best time recently! Turns out the awful pain I’ve been having that the doctor has been telling me was indigestion was actually my gall bladder! I ended up severely dehydrated with my liver being affected and was hospitalised. Seeing a surgeon today to decide on what to do going forward but we’re hoping to manage it with medication til full term as opposed to delivering early, just need to keep little man nourished that’s their main concern! Nightmare lol.

Glad everyone else is well though! I love those photos Michelle xx

Gorgeous pics Boog! How was the trip? Where did you go?

Amy, that sucks! Are they keeping you in hospital for a bit?

My DH is in NY on business but was supposed to come home yesterday. He ended up getting stuck there though because of the storms. :( The earliest flight he could get was today at 2. This was the first round of 3 weeks of him spending half the week out of the country, so not a great start. Very much looking forward to August.

Thank you! Trip was awesome! I'm glad I could get it in there before third trimester reallyyyyyy hit! We went to the east coast beach in the us. About three hrs away. 😍

I hope your OH gets home safe, that’s a nightmare!

They kept me in for 3 days then discharged me as an outpatient. I saw the surgeon today he said he’s more focused on keeping baby cooking til full term so I’ll control pain etc with meds during attacks and he’ll operate 6 weeks after birth x

LilFooshFoosh- sorry that you didn't get your date yet hopefully you get it at your next appointment!

I am having a shower in August, looking forward to it!

Amy - sorry to hear about your gall bladder! Hope they can manage the pain and everything well enough for you so bubba can keep cooking til term!

Boognishrises - lovely pics glad you got to getaway for a holiday before bub comes, it looks so beautiful there! Congrats on passing your GTT!

Mickels - glad you haven't had complications from the PreE apart from the uti! Fingers crossed no more complications for you! :hugs:

Waiting - sorry to hear you had to go to meds! I've heard it's quite common for the fasting results to be the difficult ones! :hugs:

I've been trying to ward off possible issues by having a small late night supper after i test from dinner. So far it seems to be working my fasting results have ranged between 3.9 to 5.0 mostly in the low 4s. I saw the dietician yesterday for results from my first week and she looked at diet said it's pretty well balanced and the results are all good so far. My after meal tests for my first week have mostly been in the low to mid 4s which I think is pretty good so I'm happy with that!

I have a growth scan on the 30th to find out how big bub is so I'm looking forward to seeing bubba again! :happydance:

I lost weight again between midwife appts this time 300g lost in 2 weeks (last time lost 650g in 4 weeks) but again midwife doesn't seem concerned so I'm just taking it as a good sign that bubba surely can't be THAT much too big when I'm now down to a total weight gain of just 3.15kg at 33 weeks! :shrug: :haha:

Lightning - I'm so glad to hear your diet is working :happydance:. I've only picked up 4kg's in the last 32+4weeks, but my Doctor is happy with bub's growth and weight (at the last scan) and if they are happy I am too

Lightning - I'm so glad to hear your diet is working :happydance:. I've only picked up 4kg's in the last 32+4weeks, but my Doctor is happy with bub's growth and weight (at the last scan) and if they are happy I am too

Thanks! That's great I'm hoping they will be happy with my bubs size and weight at the scan too! Haven't seen bubba since 19 weeks and at that point it was measuring a few days ahead so will be interesting to see how big it is now :)

I had a growth scan today at 32+0 and baby’s head and abdomen is above the 95th which is a huge jump from 4 weeks ago when it was on the 50th! So they want to repeat my GTT!!! Argh!!!! His femur length is small though so I’m concerned something is wrong. They weren’t bothered, just want me to repeat the GTT next week and then repeat the growth scan in 2 weeks. And then depending on the results of that, I’ll get my C section date :)

He’s a very lazy baby, doesn’t move a whole lot. However with my placenta being where it is and him being quite big, I think I’m just not feeling any rolling around etc.

Oh well, at least I’ve got stuff to look forward too over the next 2 weeks x

We have now had 10 scans this pregnancy. Next one is on Thursday and probably at least 2 more. I’m so glad they are checking her so much after what happened with her brother. She looked good 10 days ago, about 3lb5oz and measurements spot on.

How have you girls only gained 3/4kg????!!!!! I’m up 23lb/10.5kg and that’s less than I had gained with Finlo at this point. I’m set to gain about 30lb in total. I lost my pregnancy weight quite easily last time with breastfeeding and watching what I ate for a couple of months. I don’t think I look like I’ve gained a huge amount, I’m all tummy and boobs!!!

I have gained 30 lbs myself! Seems to be mostly belly and boobs as everyone is telling me I look so small!

Anyone else have a breech baby still? I've been getting monthly growth scans due to an abnormality they saw on my anatomy scan. Everything has been looking good but I'm getting nervous that he is still breech!

I've gained about 12lbs since 14 weeks, not sure what I gained in 1St tri as they didn't weigh me and I refused to weigh myself :haha:

My guy has been flipping between transverse and breech. I've heard subsequent babies flip later though.

We saw DH off to the airport again today. I was hoping for a smoother time this week but DS has a bit of a fever and DD fell on her face and got a far lip on our way home from the airport...so great start :wacko: oh well, it's 3 days and at least I don't feel bad about taking up the whole bed with my pillow fort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->