~* September Sparkles 2018 *~

Yes, I’m having scans every 2 weeks due to my little boy’s stopping growing at 33 weeks. This one was still breech at 30 weeks. I have next scan on Thursday. She’s been doing some massive movements but I think I can still feel head under my ribs. Hope I’m wrong. I’ve booked in acupuncture with moxibustion in a couple of weeks if she’s not flipped. I really don’t want another section (Finlo was breech at 35 weeks when delivered) and will try anything. I’m doing some of the spinning babies website ideas too. Midwife says babies will usually turn by 36 weeks, so I’m trying to stay positive. The idea of recovering from section with a toddler too is not appealing. My recovery was good last time but baby was in NICU for 3 weeks so I don’t have to do a lot physically. I drove at 1 week pp!!!

Elliecain, I suspect baby has taken weight from elsewhere on me, people keep telling me that apart from the baby belly, I look like I've lost weight, I was just a kg or 2 into the category of overweight with my BMI anyways so I'm not worried, baby's welcome to steal all the fat it wants off me :haha: I don't think I've gained weight in breasts either but they have always been big so I'm glad not to have gained too much size there! :rofl:

Sorry to hear your bubs are still breach Amber, LilFoosh and Ellie! Fingers crossed they all turn for you! Mine has been head down at my last 2 MW appts but i know it still turns cause just last week I woke up one morning feeling a big lump sticking out one side that I am sure had to have been baby's head! And i can still feel it turning too every few days, takes a while lots of wriggling to get around. :wacko:

Cookie, hope that they either got measurements wrong for you or that bubba had just had a growth spurt before the scan! GL with your next scan!

I've been lucky enough to not gain too much weight, but I had to try not too as was big enough already and then with the GD they said to keep it as minimum as possible. I have stayed the same weight for the last 5 weeks, so think I am losing and baby is gaining to keep up lol.

Hope all your breech babes turn around soon, mine has been head down since 30 weeks but they all do it in their own good time.

Been having some awful lightning crotch lately, still too early for her to be doing much other than just banging around in there though.

Final growth scan scheduled for the 6th August and then hopefully can get my section date! Eek!

Hi ladies,

I recently switched doctors to a new practice at 28 weeks. We decided to move closer to family so I have to switch hospitals too. I was nervous at first because switching so late in the game but I’m so thankful I did! The new practice of doctors/midwives are so helpful and nice! Last check up they said everything is great and baby is head down.

Waiting, I know what you mean about movement down there! It’s the weirdest feeling when he has hiccups! Baby has been head down since like 20 weeks and I keep feeling like hes trying to stick his little hand right out! I seem to have the opposite problem of most on here, I can feel his head pushing against my bone (sorry if TMI) down there and it hurts.

Cookie, I also have an anterior placenta but it seems to be on my left side mostly so the baby like to hang out on my right. Hope everything goes smooth with your glucose retest!

For you ladies in the US, did you get a scan again after 20 weeks? This is my first so I am just curious if I will get to see the baby again before delivery. I am 30 weeks currently and haven’t had a scan since the anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well! September will be here before we know it!

Lightning- So happy the diet is working for you.

Cookie- like I said on the FB page don't sweat the size. Our bub was measuring way ahead of schedule with head and abdomen measurements but normal on the femur length. Docs aren't worried as they said the size can fluctuate so much from week to week at this point as baby puts on more weight. Happy that you get a repeat growth scan, my docs didn't mention a repeat sadly. Good luck on the glucose retest as well!!

Elliecain- I know what you mean with all of the scans, however my last 2 have only been bpp, not measurement scans. But seeing the little bub every week is quite nice!! I am also up about 25 pounds since the start and I imagine I will have gained 30 by the time bub arrives. Luckily for me I am all belly and breasts too. I had someone compare me to an olive on a toothpick... HAHAHA

LilFoosh- same here with the flipping between the two positions. Hoping my scan this weeks shows pumpkin head down and stays that way! Hope your time without DH goes quickly and smoothly.

waiting- good luck with getting your section date, I have my scheduled for 27 Aug, right at 39 weeks. That's if my bio physicals keep having good results. I have my date to meet with the anesthesiologist on 22 Aug. And I totally feel you on the fire crotch... I feel like my vagina is literally stretching and burning everytime I stand!

BeachBaby- so happy that you are comfortable with your new docs. That can be very daunting switching this late in the game. Our practice just got a new doc and new midwife and I am also very pleased. I am hoping the new doc is the one that delivers little bub, he is great! I have had one growth scan after the 20 weeks at about 32 weeks, and I am hoping to have one more.

AFM- nothing new really to report except that I have been swelling up like crazy! My legs and ankles and feet swell on the daily. I intake almost 96 oz of water a day and still I'm swelling. It think a lot of it is the fact that I am driving so far for work, which will be ending in about a week when I can work out of a different office closer to home. I am praying that will help and give me some relief. Additionally I have the bio's every Wednesday, its nice to see bub every week although they don't do any measurements of the baby. They listen to the heart, the cord, take pics of my cervix, check blood flow in the placenta and then measure fluid levels. But I do get pics every week so I cant complain there. Bub has a head full of hair!!!

I have totally lost all my drive for sex, I feel terrible for DH. Any advice ladies? Anyone still "going strong" with sex drive?? If so whats your secret. I am just so tired after work, dinner, cleaning, etc....

Bub's room has me stressed out as well. I need to light a fire under DH's ass to get it complete. We have all the pieces, just need to get them all in place. BUT he still hasn't painted!! Hmm.. maybe I could reward him with sex if he gets it done, that thought just came to me ;)

We are really getting close now!! Hope everyone has a great day, I will try better to keep up with everyone.

We’ve not had sex since the bfp back on 15th January! My first mc was after sex and I bled both times we tried when I was pregnant with Finlo, so we just decided to play it safe. I also have an SCH and I don’t want it to start bleeding again. I do miss it, but it’s easier not to risk it!

We have maybe DTD a handful of times since my BFP - it bothered me for awhile but now I dont care anymore lol... maybe in a few more months :)

Hi everyone

Just got back from my early morning scan, and bub is doing really well. His weight is perfect @ 2.3kg (5lbs) and his growth is ahead of schedule, but everyone is happy so I'm happy too. ATM bub's in breech, but I'll have another scan on the 16th of August. If he hasn't moved into the head down position by then, I'll have to see the doctor immediately for a C-section date.

Hope everyone (and their bub's) are doing well :hugs:

Beach baby, glad moving doctors has worked so well for you!

Waiting, good luck with getting your date soon! I've been getting lightning crotch for the last 10 or so weeks! It's horrible! Didn't even know what it is til last week, luckily mine isn't overly painful but really uncomfortable.

sorry about the swelling mrscletus! Hope moving offices helps! Great that you get to see bub every week!

So glad your scan went so well Mickels, fingers crossed he turns head down for you! I had mine today too!

Baby is measuring a little too big, 2.8kg (6pounds) with a head in the 98th percentile!
She did say it was in a bad position so measurements may be wrong though.

Very glad your scans went well ladies!! I was told at my 30 week appointment that it was probably the last look I'd get of bubs before he's born.

It's nice to see everyone is doing pretty well considering we only have a few short weeks left to go! It's almost August :shock: how did that happen?!

I'm always skeptical of the measurements they give for weight. They swore up and down that DS would be over 10 lbs at EDD, he was late and was 7 lbs 14 oz. Long and skinny, still is actually. Now I think of it as a guessing game, like one of those carnival stalls where they try to guess your weight. I know there is more to it than that, but that's the image I get.

I'm sort of sad, I know this is my last one, so I'm excited to have and meet baby but I also am not going to have this experience again. I remember sitting on the stairs and having a good cry just before my son turned 1 yo, I was so upset that my 1st baby's firsts were almost done. I know there will be more different and exciting experiences and firsts but it will be the end of a chapter.

Still have lots to do to get ready, and I'm pretty sure I've started nesting as nothing seems to be clean or neat enough at this point, somehow I find magically energy to manage some extra cleaning at the end of most days. :rofl:

Sorry haven’t posted much... :dohh:

Anyone else having a home birth?? This will be my 2nd. :happydance:

Can’t believe we all don’t have long left now!! Exciting!!

I know what you mean lilfoosh, as much as I want to meet my girl I dont want to wish away these last few weeks, i love the little pokes and prods and sitting watching my belly move and I know it will not be happening again!

Mickels - Glad all is on track for you! Hopefully baby turns for you so you dont have to have a section if you dont want to.

Lightning - hopefully the measurements are a bit off, Ive been told mine is big too, 98% legs and 95th for head.

Now I’m dealing with the PTSD, I’m starting to really enjoy the pregnancy and don’t want it to be over. I love this stage, I have amazing body confidence with a big bump and the kicks are so special.

I had our 11th scan today, 32 week growth scan. She’s looking great and approximately 4lb5oz, so 1lb up in 2 weeks (explains my sugar cravings this last week!)... she’s also finally flipped and was cephalic. I’m over the moon, as I desperately want a VBAC.

I’ve been told I will be allowed to go to 40+6. I do not want to be induced, so I’ll be starting all the methods to get things moving at about 38 weeks (hubby might finally get some action in 6 weeks’ time!)

We were interviewed by the BBC this week and should be on Points West tomorrow (Friday), talking about IVF. We did Newsnight last year, but my son was teeny then. Much more entertaining this year <3

Attachments

• 83D4A9F6-6B9B-4965-9D1A-7C44C449B51F.jpg
    83D4A9F6-6B9B-4965-9D1A-7C44C449B51F.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 10
I’d love a bit of reassurance if you ladies have any advice ..

So midwife appointment today didn’t go great, first of all I was concerned about some itching I’ve been having and midwife was also concerned due to OC being more common in women with gall stones (yay) so had to be sent for emergency bloods which I’ll hopefully have the results for today..
then she measured my bump and he’s dropped a whole percentile so now we’ve got an urgent scan in the morning to check growth. With everything that’s been happening recently I’m freaking out!!
Has anyone experienced either and all been good?
He’s nowhere even near head down but she’s not worried about that yet as he’s plenty of time.

Just want a break lol, I feel like I can’t relax as I’m constantly panicking this pregnancy! My first borns pregnancy was like a dream!

NI hope the bloods come back OK, Amy! Is it all over itching or localized?

They are monitoring you closely, and quickly so that's definitely reassuring. You'll know soon enough if you have it and can plan the rest of your care from there.

For the bump size, it's just 1 percentile? That's not too bad, even in utero babies have growth spurts and slow periods.

Try to relax and if you need reassurance call or go in, that's what they are there for. Don't worry about what anyone thinks, you do what you need to to feel good about your pregnancy and baby. :hugs:

I’m a lot calmer now, think bump measurement was inaccurate due to it being a different midwife! As my scan this morning went perfectly along with the last time my bump was measured. Says he’s estimated weight is 4lb 12/13 at the moment and he’s growing perfectly!
Fluids are supposed to be between 2-8 and the deepest pool was 8 so he’s got LOADS of fluid lol. If anything I’m measuring bigger not smaller!
Very relieved.
Bloods haven’t come back yet, itching is mainly my feet, sometimes my hands but mostly my feet. Hoping it’s nothing as no news is usually good news x

Amy glad your scan went well, I wouldn't stress too much on fundal measurements, as mine measured 29cm at 27 weeks then at my next antenatal appt 4 weeks later measured 28.5cm at 31 weeks! Midwife said most likely bub was just tucked back further making the measurement smaller she wasn't worried at all. 2 weeks later at 33wks I measured 32cm. Went for growth scan at 34wks2days and they think bubs measuring a couple of weeks ahead. So it seems a bit all over the place haha :)

Glad your scan went well! Hope the bloods come back with good results as well!

Ooh exciting about your homebirth imaginary! I'm not planning on having one this time but my mum had several home water births and really enjoyed them!

Waiting hope your measurements are a bit off as well! Lots of people have been telling me theirs have been off by quite a bit so I am hoping that's the case!

I'm enjoying this stage as well! Love feeling all the kicks and rolls. However could do without the bruised ribs and sore hips haha.

It definitely shows how inaccurate they are! I guess we won’t really know how big these babes are til they are here lol!

Can’t believe it’s getting so close for us all.

Bile acids came back ok, but my liver enzymes are higher than normal so need weekly testing.. They think it’s due to my gallstones as they can damage your liver, hopefully won’t become too high that it’ll affect baby but at least they’re keeping a close eye.

How are you ladies? We’re all having babies next month!!! It’s crazy right?!

Ellie, I'm glad you are feeling better and your bump is adorable! I keep forgetting to take pictures.

Mostly good news then, Amy. It's nuts how just getting a different person can cause such discrepancies in measurements (and totally stress us out)! How are you feeling?

The insanity that has taken over my life for the last 3 weeks is finally over. Everything seemed to implode at the same time, but it's mostly under control now. My appointment is Friday and I'm partially looking forward to it as I'm hoping I get my C-section date (no home birth for me!)... but I know I'll also be tested for infection again and I'm worried that the 2 rounds of antibiotics have not cleared it up.

I have 4 weeks of work left! And August always goes by so quickly. DH, me and DS all have birthdays this month- starting with DH this weekend, which also happens to be a long weekend that we've extended an extra day. We are hoping I get the ok at my appointment to go up to the cottage, it would be the last time for us this year.

I feel like I've still got so much to do, but I really don't and I've been making steady progress. At the very least I know I have everything I need to be able to bring little mister home and not have to go out for a week or 2 (though assuming I feel the same as after my last 2 I'll be making up reasons to be out and about within a couple of days- I hate being cooped up inside).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->