~* September Sparkles 2018 *~

Time is really going by so fast. We've only got this month left until September and it's crazy to think that it feels like yesterday we all got our BFP's.

Amy: I'm holding thumbs and toes that your enzymes stay steady as to not affect bub.

Imaginary: Good luck on your home birth. :hugs:

Ellie: I'm so happy to hear your dealing with the PTSD. Your bump looks amazing. Congrats that she's cephalic (I'm still waiting for mine to flip) and good luck with your VBAC

LilFoosh: I also feel like I've got so much left to do, but when I start doing the things that I feel have not been done I realize there really is nothing left for me to do but wait. Hope you get the all clear to go to your cabin before bub's born, I know it can be exactly what a person needs before the addition of a new little one.

AFM: I've been googling a lot these days, focussing on "how to make breech baby turn" but I haven't had much luck. Any of you ladies know of something I can try? I desperately want a vaginal birth, so if any of you know of anything I can try, I'll appreciate it

Try "spinning babies" Mickels (I think it's "spinningbabies.com"), there are some exercises that you can do that are supposed to help. I think you still have time though, most flip on their own by 35 or 36 weeks I think. I really hope you get the birth you want.

You can take or leave these next bits, just some thoughts from my previous birth experiences:

I think I've said this before, my DD was breech and it turned out she had the cord tightly wrapped around her neck. It wouldn't have mattered what I'd done she would not have turned as it was uncomfortable for her (the cord tightened more).

With my (first) son, I desperately wanted an un-medicated, vaginal birth. In the end though the best decision for the baby and me was a section, so that's what I did and I have never regretted it. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be and I had a really good recovery, I've had friends whose recovery was longer with a vaginal birth. Hearing that my baby was in distress kicked my mama bear instincts into gear, what I wanted didn't matter anymore. In the end, it all comes down to bringing them home. :hugs:

LilFoosh I’m good thank you! I think it’s normal to feel kind of unprepared towards the end even if you aren’t! Good luck for getting your date!!

Thanks Mickels! Get on your hands and knees :lol: hope baby moves soon!

Thanks you LilFoosh :hugs:, that helps a lot. I just came to the conclusion that if bub is supposed to flip he will, and if not he'll stay breech. I'm still going to try some exercises though, because it cant hurt, but I'll be fine with the outcome either way

Hi ladies! We did manage our final weekend at the cottage, but I ended up with a cold (that is still lingering!) so we came home a little earlier than we originally planned. DH and I spent the day resting up while the kids were at camp and care, we had a lunch date which was nice. I also got good news in that my infection has cleared up, so when I go in on Aug 17th I'm supposed to have another test done to check for recurrence and apparently I'm getting another scan done! I thought my last one was end of July, so this is a pleasant surprise. :happydance: I got my date too! If he's not already out, baby is getting evicted Sept 10.

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm expecting to come on and find a birth announcement any day now.

Hi everyone

LilFoosh: So glad you got your weekend, pity about the cold though. Your bub is being evicted on my due date, though I wont be left until then (because of the preE), I'll either be induced/C-section @ 38-39 weeks.

So I went to the doctor again today, he felt for position because bub has been breech at the last 3 scans. He's optimistic for a vaginal birth, because bub's finally cephalic and he's 99% sure that bub won't be able to turn again. I'm going for my final scan next week Thursday (16 August), hopefully then I'll also get my induction/C-section date

I'm also looking forward to birth announcements since we're all pretty much at our end. anything can happen from here on out. Good luck ladies :hugs:

Glad you made it to the cottage lilfoosh although it sucks you got sick and had to come home early! Great news that your infection has cleared up and you have a date! It is going to start to get really busy in here soon I think!

Yay that baby has turned Mickels, that helps a lot, hope you get your date on the 16th!

I have my date now, C-Section on 22nd August at 38w2d, seems so close and yet so far lol. Will be spending the next two weekends getting everything prepared now! One more week of work after this one and then a couple of days off before d day!

I’ve been told I’ll be allowed to go to 40+6 despite my age so I’m really happy. I do not want to be induced and will start deploying ALLLL the “get labour started” tactics from 39 weeks!!! I am not wishing her out any time soon though, as I’m only 34 weeks and this is the point Finlo stopped growing. He was so poorly that I do not want to meet her for at least another 5 weeks!

So surreal everyone’s getting their dates!!

Glad baby has turned Mickels.
Fab news you can go to 40+6 Ellie!
Hope the cottage was fun, shame you had to come home LilFoosh but fab you’ve got the all clear now.

As for me most may of seen on fb but after another hospital say and my liver getting worse due to a stone passing into my pancreas the surgeon doesn’t want to wait til November to operate, and is hoping the maternity consultant will agree to inducing me. I’m nervous. I see surgeon this week and then the consultant next week so we will see what happens.

Have any of you been induced before? How was it? I’m worried itll end in c section and not a natural birth.

Mickels - so glad to hear baby finally flipped head down for you! :happydance: hope you get your date soon!

Ellie - that's awesome they are letting you go that far! Fingers are crossed for you going into labour naturally before your cut off! :thumbup:

Amy - sorry to hear you may have to be induced! I have no experience due to FTM but have heard both sides of induction stories and I do know a few people personally who have successfully had unassisted births after induction. :hugs: wishing you all the best whatever is decided!

LilFoosh - sorry to hear you had to cut your holiday short, hope your cold is better now! Congrats on getting your date!!! :happydance: yay for your infection clearing up too!

Waiting - congrats on getting the date and wow so close! That's so exciting! :happydance:

As for me, I'm so excited that I've hit 37 weeks :happydance: from here on it seems closer!
I am on mat leave now, enjoying some time off, organising my house a bit more, just basic stuff, the baby rooms been ready for ages and his/her portacot with bassinet section set up in my room :D labour bag and hospital bags are packed, finally, (just finished them this weekend Haha, yeah I'm slack :oops: )

So my stubborn bub is still posterior, and while he or she was partly side on posterior, I can tell has changed to complete back to back as the favourite thing to do is now kicking directly in the centre of my belly pushing out as hard as it can.. not a nice experience it REALLY HURTS :dohh: but despite doing every exercise I've heard of from every website around and spending most of my days in some sort of forward leaning or hands and knees position baby is stubbornly refusing to turn around. So right now I'm just ready for him or her to come out so my muscles can heal haha :rofl:
Doesn't look as though bubs in a hurry to come out, at my 35wk midwife appointment baby was 3/5 engaged, at my 36wk appointment baby had gone up again and no longer engaged.. apparently they aren't supposed to be able to do that with first babies.. (but no one told him or her that obviously :haha: )

Hey everyone, it's been a minute! I had a doc appointment today & found out I am 1cm dilated & 25% effaced. It's startingggggg!

Hope you all are well!

Exciting Snowbunnie! Everyone is getting so close now!

I saw on another thread that cat was being induced, had she posted anything on fb?

Waiting I thought you meant Sept 22nd! But it's Aug 22nd, right? That's my ds' B-Day. In case I don't get back on before Wednesday, good luck momma!!!

Snowbunnie that's exciting. Not too much longer now

Yes Cat was induced and had her baby 4 days ago now I think.

Yup Aug 22nd for me - 5 days away, seems super close and yet still far away at the same time depending on my mood lol!

Waiting & Snowbunnie: That's so exciting, hope all goes well for you guys. Can't wait to see new baby pics :hugs:

AFM: Went for a Sonar and saw the Doc yesterday. Baby turned and he's breech again, and because of that they want to see me again on the 30th of August before they book me for a C-section. I'm super bummed, thought I'd know by now when little man would be arriving but no such luck. Bub is healthy at least, weighing 3.13kgs (approx.: 6lbs 8oz)

Yay snowbunnie! That's so exciting!

LilFoosh, I dont think cat is on the September fb group, but she may have gone back to the August forum cause of getting induced in August, and she was on both groups to start with cause she had an end of August due date but usually goes over. Or something like that from memory. :D

Good luck with your birth waiting! Can't wait to hear your news :happydance:

I've been getting a lot of BH and period like pains and some lower back aches last night and today, but bub wasn't engaged at yesterday's MW appt before the pains started so I guess it's just my body slowly getting ready.

My MW has asked me to start hand expressing colostrum cause of the GD and so i started that yesterday and got 12ml, but she only gave me 2 1ml syringes so I'm not sure if I only need 2ml? Do any of you know how much I am supposed to store?

You got 12 ml? That’s amazing!! I have been doing it for two weeks and have 6ml

Can you ask for more or bigger syringes? I got given 6 x 1ml syringes

You got 12 ml? That’s amazing!! I have been doing it for two weeks and have 6ml

Can you ask for more or bigger syringes? I got given 6 x 1ml syringes

I was thinking of going to the chemist and buying some 5ml ones, do you think that's too big though? Yesterday I got 6ml so think I was just lucky the first day!

I envy other people though cause i have seriously been leaking like crazy since 23 weeks :dohh: some nights I wake up having soaked through bra, nursing pad, jumper, the folded doona I sleep on for hip pain and onto the sheet! It drives me nuts, especially since it's winter here! though the leaking has settled a little in the last couple of weeks finally!

Finally got my c section date! 7th September :)

I’ve been in so much pain in my scar from my previous sections though :( the doctor at the hospital has said just take pain killers. They won’t give me a section any earlier than 39 weeks which sucks cause baby is already on the 95th percentile and the pressure on my scar is horrendous, I just want him out now!

Good luck all being induced etc soon!!!

Not too much longer Cookie, hopefully the pain eases a bit between now and then for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->