* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

First craving-COOKIES! Drove on crappy icy road to get em(I hate driving in snow/ice as feel why chance it if don't have to go. I HAD to go, would have walked I think!)

Oh and green onions...nothing with it just...the onions...

well today is day 3 of stomach virus :( guess day 4 considering its 12:54 am. dh only got sick once the first day and was done . my daughter started getting better yesterday and was totally fine today. not I! I can't eat anything.. it goes right through me:( trying to drink as much water as I can . I was actually feeling better yesterday and ate dinner and woke up sick again today. then felt better so I ate lunch. got sick again. I just give up eating . I'll do toast and applesauce and see how that works. I'm just worried because I have a little human in there :(

well today is day 3 of stomach virus :( guess day 4 considering its 12:54 am. dh only got sick once the first day and was done . my daughter started getting better yesterday and was totally fine today. not I! I can't eat anything.. it goes right through me:( trying to drink as much water as I can . I was actually feeling better yesterday and ate dinner and woke up sick again today. then felt better so I ate lunch. got sick again. I just give up eating . I'll do toast and applesauce and see how that works. I'm just worried because I have a little human in there :(

Oh no you poor thing. We have a bad tummy bug going around here in Ireland too. I'm hoping and praying it stays away from my house

The no computer thing is crazy antiquated. They do all the letters etc by computer, but whenever you go to hospital they wheel out this whacking great stack of notes of everything that has happened to you since birth. If you actually needed to find information in it you'd be there for ages.

First appointment with my consultant today, blood pressure was taken incorrectly my the midwife I'm sure, as she took it as 120/60, a reading lower than any I'd ever had, and 30 lower than it was yesterday. However the consultant was very reassuring about managing things better this time, seeing him more and midwifes less, so fingers crossed the plan works. I'll get a lot more growth scans too, last time I had one at 20 weeks where baby was on the 50th centile, but by 28th was down to the 1st, this way we'll have one at 24 weeks and 26 weeks so we should get a much earlier idea if things are starting to go wrong in there.

Over here everything is on paper but the patient is responsible for their own notes. I find it so much better tbh, I hated the system in England. Doctors never bothered to read my notes before I went into the bloody appointment.

It does mean that even though I've only been living here for 5 years I have a massive fat binder full of medical info. But then I can just take whatever is appropriate to my next appointment, I don't have to wait for things to be sent through the post and get lost, or referrals to go through a backed up email system and get overlooked.

Still feeling super rough here so I haven't been on much. I'm absolutely living on cornflakes, it's about the only thing that appeals :(

SO good to hear your good news MrsMalcom, I've been thinking about you. Fingers crossed for your next scan :flow:

skinnymrs thank you :) you're from Ireland that's awesome! my family descends from Ireland .. hence the last name Sweeney. I always wanted to visit! This forum is awesome.. we have ladies from all over the world :)
Yeah this stomach bug is no joke. I've never had anything like it. I bought some probiotics yesterday and hoping they help. if I'm not better by tmw I'm gonna go to the ER so I can get checked out .

Little one will be alright, honest :hugs: With my first my morning sickness was so bad all I could keep down was peanut butter on toast and water (occasionally!). She turned out 100% healthy, in these early days they really don't need much.

I hope that tummy bug shifts soon, it's probably just lingering since your immune system is weakened by pregnancy. I know how not fun it is though :nope:

Cnsweeney - so sorry about the bug, those are literally the worst. Dh, Quinton and I all got one on a vacation in 2012, it was awful, I thought is die in a foreign country lol. Hope u feel better soon!!

Tigerlilly - corn flakes sound good! I've had a lot of Cheerios ;)

I was wondering if pregnancy weakened your immune system .. I didn't know if it weakened it or made it stronger. thank you :) I was able to put down some applesauce last night and toast this morning. hoping it doesn't backfire!

Wow I haven't been on here for weeks and I've missed so much, it's going to take me forever reading through all the pages!

Congratulations to all the newcomers.

PrincessTaz I've friend requested you on Facebook my name is Jess Rodgers please can you add me to the group.

I've not been on coz I've been feeling like crap, so tired all the time and nausea 24/7. I'm struggling looking after my son plus working 3 days a week. Have an aversion to pretty much everything food & drink even plain old water!

Anybody from UK had there booking in appointment yet? If so could you please remind me what family medical history they ask about so I know to ask my parents and in-laws before my appointment next Thursday.

My dating scan is on 12th Feb. Can't wait as my psychic auntie is sure I'm having twins!

My friend had a dream I was having twins right before I got my bfp... this is the same friend who called me up when I was pregnant with my son and said to pack my bags for the hospital as she had a dream I was in labour... and I received that call on the way to the hospital in labour.

I have like no symptoms. Can I just be sick to know all is well?? LOL.

I hope you feel better cnsweeney. I guess what sucks about getting sick when you are pregnant, is trying to figure out what meds are safe to take. I used to drink green tea everyday, but I hear it isn't good for pregnancy so now I don't and I really miss it.

I'm surprised so many drs/hospitals are still using paper/notes. I guess it forces you to be organized. It is really interesting how this site gives you a global perspective on customs and practices.

Hi all, I had a lovely ultrasound today :). Baby measured 8 weeks 6 days, so one day ahead of where I thought ( I still think that's wrong. But that's the date the practice is going with so I guess I'll switch my ticker and stuff, makes my official due date 8/30/14.). Heart rate was a strong 184 :) wondering if that, plus my morning sickness, means a girl?

And here's a pic of my baby, looking very much like a peanut with arm buds :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi all, I had a lovely ultrasound today :). Baby measured 8 weeks 6 days, so one day ahead of where I thought ( I still think that's wrong. But that's the date the practice is going with so I guess I'll switch my ticker and stuff, makes my official due date 8/30/14.). Heart rate was a strong 184 :) wondering if that, plus my morning sickness, means a girl?

So freaking cute!
I had morning sickness with both ds and dd but it wasn't as bad with dd. I forget the heart rate old wives tale but it was right with both my children!

My friend had a dream I was having twins right before I got my bfp... this is the same friend who called me up when I was pregnant with my son and said to pack my bags for the hospital as she had a dream I was in labour... and I received that call on the way to the hospital in labour.

I have like no symptoms. Can I just be sick to know all is well?? LOL.

My auntie who is a bit of a psychic is convinced I'm having twins. She read some jewellery of my mums years ago and told her she saw me with twins. Then when I fell pg with DS she woke up one morning and just knew I was pg even though it was unplanned and we hadn't yet told anyone. She also knew then that I wasn't having the twins yet.
She text my mum the other day to say she'd had a msg and she saw me with twins a boy and girl so now she's utterly convinced this is it!
I dreamt about the first scan the other night and of course it was twins. Got less than 3 weeks until we find out!

Lovely, congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->