****September Stars!!****

true! if i find you haha! i better anyway ive got your stuff and i cant be carrying a rug around all day :rofl:

Hi all,

Amy it must be awful bleeding all the time, It would truly freak me out, I jump at the sight of any blood, and freaked out at 9 and 12 weeks with a teeny bit, more scans is good, why the bleeding may just be one of those mysterys? Congrats on 21 weeks! :happydance:

Emma, congrats on the new job:happydance:

Sorry I am trying to catch up from memory here!

Fish and chips, thanks for the update, that's really interesting!

Congrats to all the new blue and pink bumps, we had a double check today, it is hard to see the base of the spine without keep checking so double sure on what team we are on!

The scan went well, the consultant was very nice, and we were seen really fast and follow up was there and then, its really scary, but all over now.
Baby has a slight widening to the base of the spine, it joins which is good, and the consultant said if he had done the 20 week scan he would have put it down to a natural variation, and not to worry, However, and quite a big however! It could be there is mild spina bifida, and if this is the case could affect bladder, bowel control and sexual function later in life, but he still felt this was not the case.
He asked about termination, at which i said no way, and he said he would feel very uneasy as he felt it was a perfectly healthy baby.
It is mad how some people want a perfect child or nothing at all, and pretty scary, but not something we needed to discuss anyway.
So it looks like the hospital were being over cautious, but better that than miss something, just a big worry! We are not going back now, and apart from baby being checked at birth and reguarlly after that is it, i can relax and enjoy my pregnancy.
It was much better coming out of the hospital today knowing things were ok, it was more how we should have felt after the scan on Wed! It was relief and then more joy over the sex of the baby, and a chat about how out family is shaping up and how it will be in the future, which was so lovely.

Baby gave a big kick as soon as the gel and little probe thing went on my belly, and it was on the screen, i could see the kick as well as feel it, very strange! Both me and the chap with the scan thing went 'wow' when baby kicked!

Anyway that's my news, rather a selfish post I am sorry, will be back to catch up and be on normal form now we are on track! :thumbup:

Thanks for all your good wishes, looks like it worked!!:hugs:xx:flower:

no you cant!!!! but then neither can i!! lol good job OH will be there to carry everything - i think his mum is bringing a old lady trolley thing which should help! lol

aww thats wonderful news so glad all is well with LO. yey to happy healthy (eat what you like) pregnancy's.....

Ahhh apaton - last few months!!! that sounds so weird...

no you cant!!!! but then neither can i!! lol good job OH will be there to carry everything - i think his mum is bringing a old lady trolley thing which should help! lol

Just get OH to take it back to the car :)

xxx

Babythinkpink: So happy to hear your scan today went well!!!! Must have been such a relief!!! It's great that they took such great care to check everything though!

xo

babythinkpink yay so pleased the scan and appointment went well today - it all sounds very reassuring :hugs:

Babythinkpink I'm so glad it all went ok today and like mamabird said it's good to know they check everything and are so cautious. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief!!

xx

Babythinkpink, I am so glad everything is alright hunny :hugs:

Amy and carley, I am going to come to baby show too, just trying to sort out travel. Id really like to meet up if we do :D

Wish I could go to the Baby show!!! Shame I am busy, would love to of gone!

:happydance: Babythinkpink that's fab news!! I am so pleased for you, you can chill out now! Lovely news!

Thanks Fish&Chips for the update!! We are all plodding away now!!

21 weeks tomorrow, can't believe some of you are at the heady heights of 23 weeks! I love it!! Am getting prodded by my passenger at the moment!!

I am looking at car seats, Halfords have some good offers on!! Like the look of a Britax one! We are going for a fixed one as it will be easier for our car!

Great news babythinkpink :)

Amy - :hugs: you're so strong - I have no idea how i'd cope if I were still bleeding with all the worry.

I'm going to the baby show on Saturday if anyone else is?

BTW... OT side note, but how much of a prat is Jeremy Paxman being? So much so that my OH has just called in to complain! He's not allowing Gordon Brown to answer anything at all, and is being completely subjective. Pillock.

Totally agree about the Paxman thing. He's a bugger!!!

Amy fingers crossed your bleeding stops soon or at least gives you a break. It's crap. I remember it very well. Mine stopped about 26 weeks with Archie. Do they know where you're bleeding from? ( I know that sounds daft!!!)

yeah early mornings for me too!! the OH hates me lol - im up and about at the weekends and he begs for a lie in! lol

congrats drea and chachadada on your news post some pics!!

thanks huni bun, i will post pics soon xx:hugs::hugs:

Drazic; i was thinking ofu2 on the day of my scan i was just soooo bloody anxious and scared, i was almost sick on the way to hospital but SHE is fine and i am sooo happy. xxxxxx

babythinkpink I'm glad your scan went well. I'm sure they have now put you mind at ease and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->