****September Stars!!****

Exactly! Mind you, I've tried some of the rations and they are pretty minging!

Babythinkpink :sick: Thats horrible i feel like that even if i find things 'near' baby things it just freaks me out too much.

Its so much fun buying baby things :yipee: But i cant put anything in the room until July but still fun :)

All this talk of nurseries makes me wish my little man had one...when we sell the flat we will, but I don't think that will happen before he is here though! :-(
I have blue and white cot bedding with an aeroplane on it, and I bought a matching mobile...can't wait until August when I can put it up!!

I am trying to find the enthusiasm to revise for my finals which start monday, but as yet I haven't even opened my books....I am sooo bad!

Here's wishing everyone a good day.
I'm 23 weeks today...7 days until viability. xx

It's scan day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a mixture of excited and nervous at the moment. I've got to go and pick DH from work at 12.30 and our scan is at 1.30. I won't be able to update you with pics until this evening though as DH has a hospital appointment straight after mine. If he is late going in I will try and do a quick post from the waiting room to let you know how it went. Wish me luck x

enjoy your scan mrsJ08!

woo, 19 weeks today finally, one day I'll feel like I'm catching you up haha!

Thanks ladies!
We are planning to stay yellow, will have to see how my resolve is when I'm in the room!

Hey Ladies!

Not been on for a few days - loving all the chat about nurseries! I went to Mothercare over the weekend and got all of my bedding etc. We have decided on the 'Please Look After Me' range as we have a rabbit and a dog, so it looks like my DD is the bear, holding Tilly and Bob. :) I have gone a little overboard though - but it was 30% off that range at the weekend. I've got matching baby bath, mobile, rug, border, cot tidy, cot toy etc etc. It's gonna look FAB! Went to B&Q for the paint yesterday too - it's just a biscuit type colour but should match border well.

Now I'm looking for a cot, wardrobe and drawers, but most of the bundles are about £500!!! I can't afford that!!! I've decided that i'm DEFINITELY having the matching Moses basket, and that's £50. So the furniture might have to be second hand, with a new mattress. Ebay it is!

I must admit though, I had a mini crisis in Mothercare. I got all upset about not knowing the difference between flat sheets, quilts, coverlets etc, and not knowing what a baby needs. I think it's because I've already had DD, I expect myself to know all about it etc. But the truth is I can't remember! So I got upset and felt like I was going to be a rubbish mum to a new baby... All because i didn't know the difference between a quilt and coverlet! A big part of it is because I didn't bond with DD when she was born - I had post-natal and wouldn't even walk down the street with her. So this time, I'm determined to get it right and be a proud mummy. Only problem is that whenever I'm not perfect or know the answers I get myself into a state!

Everyone looks AMAZING on ur pics - we're all coming on so nicely aren't we? :) I'm gonna have to get around to posting a recent bump pic - I haven't posted one yet.

Good luck with ur scan Mrs J!!!!

Oooo one final thing - I've booked to go to London for 2days in June - I'll be about 29 weeks. We're going to see Macbeth at the Globe, and to the Natural History Museum. Do you ladies think it'll be ok? I've decided to sell my Green day tickets which are about the same time, but I thought that a play would be ok? I'm not standing at that either - I've got seats and I'm gonna get a cushion :)

Blob, It did freak me out for a bit, but i have chilled a bit now i have ordered all new!!:winkwink:
I will be throughly cleaning the pram, even though it was in a box in the other side of the attic, same with the car seat, that is all i will be using, and a baby carrier that was vacum sealed!

MrsJ08, good luck for today, will you stay team yellow?? Its very difficult! :hugs:

Teeny, we don't have a nursery, just a room big enough for baby to be with us, then when s/he is big enough they will be sharing so they go straight into a boys or girls room rather than their own 'nursery'
I am using matching moses basket to little things like change mat etc, just to tie it in, I am trying not to get carried away!
I always remember a funny scene from a comedy thing once, a husband walks into a room and all he can see is this flower pattern, everything had been decorated in this and you couldn't see a thing! The wife was sitting on the sofa made in this fabric, in a dress of the same, and a hat and til she moved he couldn't see her!! Loads of matching stuff, like when you get wallpaper, fabric and EVERYTHING in the same pattern always makes me think of that clip!
Good luck with the revision, I know how difficult it is:wacko:

opticalillus5,
I am on baby no5 and i forget what they need, you move on so fast when they are born, my dd is 2 and i am well out of newborn stage!
I did buy a moses basket bedding set because it matched and was half price with the basket, but i know I won't be using it all for long, I just wanted it to look nice!
Your planned trip sounds great x:hugs:

Well was just popping in, children all off school today, it is very quiet, they are all in bed still, poor babies, its just me and dd watching cbeebies!

Keep looking at the stuff i have bought, sooooooo exited!! I really want to get the pram sorted out, just in case i missed something up there, may have to get it out to clean and freshen, and the car seat, when I am done with the huge pile of washing still in the kitchen, I am about half way through!:thumbup:

:hugs: xx

optical - im doing the please look after me range too its adorable!!!

21 weeks today woohoo!!!

baby has been a right little fidget today... i love it...

Thats all the housework done!!!

Good luck with the scans today!!!

Hope will share our room for a while as we move 4 weeks after her due date!! Fingers crossed she is on time haha!!! So going to use the carrycot from the pram until we move and sort the nursery out!! We have a 3 bed now but its not worth the hassle to put the cot etc up just for a few days!!

Happy 23 weeks Teeny! Not long til V day!

MrsJ08, good luck with the scan woohoo!

Optical, I also got extremely confused in mothercare with the coverlets/quits/sheets/blankets! And your trip sounds lovely, I think you'll be fine.

Happy 21 weeks Carley!

xx

oh I also have no idea what the diffenecer is between coverlets/blankets/quilts
I'm alkso struggling with pram/buggy/travel systems etc etc, and onesies/sleepsuits/vests
it's like another language!

Seconded!!! Or thirded or fourthded whatever.... some of the things I am reasonably sure I know what is what... but my mum helped me make a list of things I need to get for the baby, and there were cellular blankets and cot blankets and pram blankets and so many different tuypes of blankets and I don't know what is for what really! She's also knitted me 2/3 blankets and I'm not sure if they are for cot/moses basket or pram!! I don't even know if it matters!!!!

Also, my friend has an 11 week old baby girl who is gorgeous.. I see quite a lot of her (she found out she was pregnant at 26 weeks!!! The same day I had my miscarriage :() and she gave me her snowsuit to put on her before she left..... I COULDN'T DO IT!! I thought I was going to break her arm, she went all stiff and started crying! I'm worried that I'm going to be a really slow learner!

I know the difference between most things but only because my son isnt 2 yet so its still fresh in my mind but when i was shopping for my son it was a nightmare but i managed to do things my own way. I never had cellular blankets with my son but he was a summer baby anyway. I never bought a quilt (they cant be used until 1 year). You'll find your own way of doing things and if its not the same as everybody else so what? as long as you and your baby are happy thats all that matters.

oh louise you'll get the hang of it hunny... im terrified of not being able to do it too... or baby not liking me (only because most of my cats prefer my OH what if the baby does too?)........ I am going to see my friend in 2 weeks she has her baby last weekend so she'll only be 3 weeks old when i see her, unfortunately they live a while away so i dont get to see her all of the time :-( but im scared she'll get me to change nappy/clothes and i'll get grossed out or not be able to do it, or even worse baby hates me and starts crying.....

Oh these hormones......

i have to keep telling myself EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE - we will all get through this!!

LittleA - isnt amy a little storm trooper with her parcels - cant wait to pick mine up.... hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->