****September Stars!!****

My Muma and sister have been a godsend with what to get etc!!! My Mum just said buy what you like with regards to blankets, most will fit cot/moses basket etc!! My Mum has knitted me some gorgeous blankets, very similar to the ones that are about £40 in M&P's!!! My sister has given me loads of my nieces stuff, most of which either me or my Mum bought in the first place haha!!!!

recycling is wonderful, my step-mums sister had her baby about 18 months ago so shes been sending stuff down bit by bit, which is a real help and my nan has knitted the most beautiful little blanket for him/her..... pure white with butterflies and little brown bows. so adorable and quite unisex.

Its nice having things from family, seems a waste if they don't get used!! The stuff my sister has given me is mostly brand new or only been worn once or twice!!

That blanket sounds so cute Carley!!!

I am not sure because all my babies have been Jan, March and April born, so September is a totally different season!
I don't want to over wrap!
They all like different things too, some like being swaddled some hate it! It is trial and error:shrug:
I remember after 2 sons having my dd and thinking, 'what do i do with her!' I felt being a girl she was so fragile, yet she was bigger than my ds!
I think i will just get moses basket, and bedding, as i can use the bedding/blankets in the pram too, then i will just go from there as to what i need when i need it.
I did use a sleep bag with my dd, i picked one up as a bargain and tried it and they are fab, you don't need to worry about baby not being covered at night, now all i need is an invention that puts dummy's back in when they spit them in the middle of the night!!
Is anyone thinking about dummies/pacifiers? I didn't use one til no4 who really needed all the comfort i could give, and the dummy stopped her trying to feed 24/7, my other dd who didn't have one sucks her finger and that is such a hard habit to get her to stop! It is supposed to muddle breast fed babies up if you offer one too early but mine never worried, she knew what was boob and what was not!
Don't know many people with babies, and no family, i just have my sister and she never had children, and my sil didn't either, dh and i are the soul supplier of grand children in both families! :haha:

:hugs:xx

My sister has recommended me to get a sleepbag thingy, she says they are a godsend!! So gonna get a couple!!!

Hi,
it's very interesting to read all tis about covers. My babies all hated the sleeping bags. So I don't think I'll even try it this time. Mario liked being swaddled. So I think I might give the swaddle blankets from mothercare a try.

My eldest was born October 1st (nearly same due date as this pregnancy) It was REALLY cold. But September can be quite warm. So we just have to do it all by trial and error.

I have forgotten who said that they are worried about dressing a newborn. Nobody can be as bad as I was when my eldest was born. The midwife was superb in showing how to do it right. So please don't worry! Bathing is another really hard thing. But you'll get used to it. We've had one of these bath things made out of a towel thing on a wire. This held the baby in a position and you only need one hand to hold baby. The other hand is free for the flannel. ;-)

This time round we have to buy everything. I have passed all of Mario's clothes to a neighbour and she has moved since :-(

Have a lovely day!

Bianca

we have had recommendations for the bath thing too - sounds so much easier!
also the sleeping bags - a couple of my friends love them, although we aren't going to start using them until baby is out of the moses basket & into the cot.
re: the dummies/pacifiers/soothers I amde a thread on this a while back because I really don't like them, never have, but now I read they are in line with the SIDS guidelines so I don't know what to do :wacko:
we are the first in the close family to have a baby so we are getting everything new pretty much - I don't mind, I love shopping lol! My mum is crocheting us a couple of blankets though, and I think a couple of my friends will knit things closer to the time.
I'm making a couple of quilts, but they are massive and really for when baby is a child haha, maybe I should start on a smaller one.

Mrs_N, I don't like dummies either. None of my kids had them. They didn't use thumbs or anything. I know the new advice is to use them but I think this is silly. We get so much conflicting advice don't we. We just have to trust our feelings. As long as nobody smokes near your baby, baby isn't too warm and you don't lie him or her on her tummy you should be okay.

My first Mason never had a dummy/pacifier, nothing against them he just never took to it at first but I have an open mind as no 2 kiddies are the same!!

Updated profile pic with my recent scan pic of my boy! Dont know how to add them to thread lol!! (EDIT Nope its not worked!!!)

meet my boy...........:cloud9:

Attachments

• 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi ladies

Thanks for all the good wishes. Fortunately the scan went very well, everything was as it should be and the baby was measuring for the same EDD. I'm so relieved! I've got to go and have another blood test as it looks as if I may be anaemic. Baby is ok so that is all that matters. Here are some pictures of my little Jellybean

https://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/FutureMrsJohn/Baby/BabyCloseup001.jpg

https://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/FutureMrsJohn/Baby/BabyBelly001.jpg

Great pics MrsJ08!

(ohoh) and lovely pic Drea!

Just wondered, where are all you ladies feeling movements now? I'm stressing myself out! over the last 2-3 days i've had uncomfortable pressure over what I think is my bladder, constantly feel like I need to pee but when I go I don't actually need to! it's just a constant pressure feeling in the middle of my pelvic bone area, low down. I don't have a UTI.
Also, I'm only feeling movement low down too, in my bikini line area just under my stomache I feel a lot of movement and kicks there, also kicks to my bladder! ow!
paranoid that baby has dropped too early and of pre-term labor *deep breath* lol.
I'm awful! :haha:

(ok sorry for the stupid diagram) this is where I feel all my movement/kicks.
https://i44.tinypic.com/5vc7tl.jpg
X

Thanks Bekklez

Try not to worry my kicks are either really low or right by my ribs - it's perfectly normal

x

the majority of my kicks are low down too - I think I have an anterior placenta which would explain that.
if it doesn't feel right though and you are worried, always best to get yourself checked :)

Bekklez,
my kicks are low and movement feels like stroking my bladder and stretching, I would say mine are just slightly lower than your arrow and a bit more left!
I have anterior placenta, but was told it shouldn't make a difference, I certainly hardly feel this baby, and kicks are very low.:hugs:

I have some footage of my dd with her dummy, will try and post it to show why we used one! I had 3 babies without using one, but then along came DD! She rolled her eyes in bliss when you put the dummy in, and we sighed with relief!!
Not sure about the sids thing, but when you watch a baby with a clear fronted dummy you can see the reasoning behind it.

My 20 week bump...

https://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/topguntt/011-1.jpg

How difficult is it getting a pic!! I must have short arms!!:haha:

Finally managed to upload a pic!!

Glad scan went well MrsJ08, some lovely pics!

Ahh now one thing i can do is bath a baby!! another good thing is just to use a small amount of water, and you don't need to bath every day anyway.
Not sure how i describe holding the baby with one hand, you just put your thumb under their arm and your fingers supporting their back.
The little foam inserts and springy things would just make for a calmer bath not worrying about baby slipping!

Back later, going to try and find that video! xx:hugs:

Lovely bump babythinkpink!!! Still awaiting mine!

Lovely scan photos drea and Mrs J08... some handsome young men there I see!!!

Bekklez, don't worry I'm sure it's perfectly normal! My kicks all seem to be from about 2 inches below my belly button upwards, but across the whole width.... at my scan they said I have an anterior placenta which is low, but not low lying enough for me to need another scan! Most people that I've noticed have low down kicks so I'm sure it's fine.. maybe the position baby is lying in!

all my kicks are quite low down and no one has mentioned a low lying placenta.

For the people that chose not to use a dummy can i ask why?

how often should babies be bathed?

DAY FROM HELL!!!!! Gas hob left on all day surprised the house didnt explode!! then on my way to mid wife appointment and the drive shaft sheared off my car so had to wait for the AA man to come and save me!!!! Could have been worse, the cats didnt die from gas inhalation as we'd popped them in the conservatory last night but im surprised i woke up this morning!!

On another front though mid wife appointment was excellent baby is fine...... house has been aired out (5 hours later) and Dave is at the cooker making my dinner nom nom nom

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->