****September Stars!!****

Nice scores, MrsJ!
We bought a Bumbo new and it is definitely one of my dumbest baby buys. Lots of people swear by them, but Simon wasn't a huge fan of it and we really didn't use it that much. That is definitely one I would borrow or buy secondhand. There are lots of better things you can do with $65, in my opinion.

Optical and Drea, I'm worried about PND too. I suffered with depression a couple of years ago and was on citalopram which I had a terrible time coming off. I've dipped a couple of times over the last couple of years but managed to keep it largely at bay with self help rather than going back on the anti depressants. Optical I have also been crying so much lately, for no reason at all and sometimes I feel really down. Thankfully so far it's only been for bits and pieces and I've mostly been ok, but I have to say I do worry about it returning with a vengeance after the baby is born. It's a horrible, horrible thing to suffer with and I would never want to experience what I went through again, so Optical I think you've done the sensible thing staying on your meds, plus 10mg is very little so I don't imagine very much will get to the baby. I think it would be much worse to come off then start taking them again, as I know how my body reacted when I came off the citalopram and it wasn't good!

Drea if you're struggling hun definitely see the doc for a little adivce, it's definitely better to nip these things in the bud! For me, when I start feeling bad just getting it off my chest sometimes does the trick :flower:

xx

Thanks everyone :kiss:

I'll post the pictures after I've done.

Does anyone know if it's normal to start with morning sickness at almost 27 weeks? I've been fine through my pregnancy but the last three days I've felt so ill and sick! I'm constantly nauseous and don't feel like eating at all :shrug:

X

It's very normal hun. Your uterus pushes your stomach up really high so that's probably why you've been feeling sick xx

Thanks girls. Im defo going to speak to gp, she knows my history and my consultant at maternity had been looking at me having some therapy before this birth. Optical I was also on Fluoxetine, I was also on 2-3x 25mg of amitriptinline nightly and I was put cold turkey on both as well as my medication & painkillers for benine intercranial hypertension (pressure in brain). I felt awful for the first few weeks as in sicky/headaches but mentally i think I was ok and thought it could be what I needed to get my reliance on these tabs away. I think I hve just been kidding myself that Im fine and everything is ok and I just cant keep the pretence up any more as the tears are flowing and my temper, well Im ashamed to say its not been ideal. I was diagnosed with PND 5 months after Mason and things in my life just seemed to continually go wrong after then so even though Mason has now just turned 4 I did still suffer with depression but had been gradually getting better, now I am so delighted we are having this bubba but the fear of my lowest times may be what is affecting me aswell, I just think Im focusing too much on not getting those feelings again and so wanting this time to be different but then I feel guilty about when I never had those feelings with Mason ooofft its a bloomin situation!

Well on a nicer note its a lovely day here in Glesga, tonight im heading up to my big brothers for the guys to watch footie and girls to gab so that should be good and the kids can play together:) The boys actually all support England so thats strange here, Ive been seeing cars with usa flags today lololol....bitter people!!!

Hello girlies, not long till 3rd tri for me now... its starting to get more and more real.... im soooo excited about meeting this little one. still deciding whether or not i want to go and have a 4d scan done as i really dont want to know the sex and would be gutted if i found out accidentally or even got an inkling about it.....

thankfully ive not had any pains since that evening so hopefully it was a dodgy tummy or something, thank you all soooo much for your thoughts and well wishes its really nice of you all.

Hope everyone is ok xxxxx

Drea make sure you do talk to your Dr!! I have had depression in the past but I am now fortunate to know the signs and can manage it myself without having pills. The last time I needed tablets was when we first got married, we moved 5 hours from home and Ian went to Iraq for nearly 8 months, I hit all time low. The tablets really helped and luckily I had counselling, and that really helped me manage other low times I have had since. I noramlly snap out of it after a couple of days.

So glad all is back to normal with you Carley x

Drea - it sounds like you would really benefit from some counselling and the best thing is that if your MW refers you, you will get it much quicker than you would if you weren't pregnant. Your fears and worries are perfectly natural and normal. You don't choose to suffer from PND or depression so you have nothing to feel guilty about re:Mason. I know it's one of the hardest things to do when you have suffered with this horrible illness but try and live in the present and focus on the future. I have a history of depression and although I haven't had a bad episode for several years it is always there under the surface and I am very concerned that I am a PND risk. Obviously the MW, Consultant and my GP think so too, so much to my annoyance have mentioned it frequently during my pregnancy. My fear have been fuelled by the bad dreams I have had during my pregnancy about the baby but more recently about things relating to the past which seemed to have reared their ugly head for the first time in years. In the past I have found these dreams/flashbacks have often preceded an attack. However, forewarned is forearmed and I have told my DH and my BF what has been happening and asked them to keep an eye on me and insist I go to the GP if I show any signs of feeling low. Take care and be kind to yourself. xx

I'm the same as you becs, I went through counselling and then a short course of CBT and it really helped me. What I learned in CBT I still apply today when I start to feel bad and I can usually come away from it within a day or two. I'd highly recommend it xx

Back from scan! it was really good. She's so cute :cloud9:
I really think she looks like my OH!

Here's a few pictures of her, for those of you who're on my facebook there's loads more in the album "My little shrimpette"

Hugging her feet/legs
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/CyanidexBarbie/_11copy.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/CyanidexBarbie/_23copy.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs330.snc3/29101_1401949781608_1618231664_30978993_66928_n.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/CyanidexBarbie/_17copy.jpg

another scary pic

Attachments

• IMG00036-20100605-1827.jpg
    IMG00036-20100605-1827.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 8
What's scary?! you and bump are looking fab. :hugs:

Thanks everyone who commented on my pics!

x

aww bekkels shes beautiful :cloud9: bet it was amazing

Carley your bump is lovley :thumbup: xx

Bekklez she is gorgeous! Proper little girl! x

And Carley you look fab! xx

Hey everyone,
Not been online for a while as i had a killer migraine at work mid week & have been recovering since, i've never had one before where it completely took my sight - it was really scary!
I had a consultant review earlier in the week, all is going well again apart from baby lying completely the wrong way & most likely the cause for the pain i'm getting......he's lying horizontal :wacko: sooooo not the way he should be :dohh: definately my DH's baby!

sorry to rant! bet nobody bothered to read it
I read it Bek :hugs: i'm sure it'll all turn out for the best whatever happens, i'm a strong believer in things that are meant to be hunny xxx Lets hope the economy keeps the valuation down for you hun :thumbup:

Does anyone know if it's normal to start with morning sickness at almost 27 weeks? I've been fine through my pregnancy but the last three days I've felt so ill and sick! I'm constantly nauseous and don't feel like eating at all
Your uterous will be pushing up onto your stomach now & relaxing your GO junction valve (the bit that stops your food coming back up) hence increased heartburn, indigestion & making it far too easy to vomit :hugs:

another scary pic
Aww it's just cos your in it hun - should have done a shoulders down shot :rofl:

Has anyone's else's bump appeared to have shrunk? Maybe bubba has just moved position but it just looks smaller to me!

Just come back from a shopping trip, with the money i saved from not buying i yummy mummy changing bag i have treated myself to a new 'post baby' handbag. It's a lovely over head & shoulder (although you can shorten the strap and have it as a shoulder only bag) 'Osprey' bag in red leather :happydance: it's gorgeous!(and sadly it matches the travel system :haha:) I wanted a smaller one as i can throw all my crap int eh changing bag & just keep my wallet & phone in there so i don't have to haul a huge handbag AND a changing bag around with me :winkwink:
Also bought a cute little crystal mouse charm to go on it........i can't have a bag without a bit of sparkle haha.

Well i have lots more i wanted to type but i'm to shattered & my eyes are still tender. I'm also on call all weekend & was out until 4am this morning & already been booked again for 7am tomorrow morning so i'm gonna go get some food (chicken meat & chips are calling) & chill out with my baby magazine before getting an early night. Sorry i haven't had chance to completely catch up ladies - i feel rude!
Hope your all ok ladies :hugs:

Good to hear from you Limpets, enjoy your food!!!

Loving the bump pic Carley x

I have just sobbed my heart out to Ian, felt all hormonal!! Silly me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->