September Stars

i was just going to say fishy that i think he is just looking out for you and if he sees you getting stressed he is worried ur taking on too much. He perhaps sees it as you are constantly working with no break even if the jewelry is a hobby! Dont take offence hun it sounds like he means well, when harry goes to sleep make a brew for you and Hubby and sit and cuddle drinking it with some chocolate or biscuits! :hugs: X

Thanks ladies. I think LBB has it spot on. He wants what's best for both Harry and I but I enjoy my jewellery making. I have to say he is great and is hands on. He often cooks dinner etc. I think he just wants me to spend my free minutes resting but like JC and Emzy said, I would go nuts without some sort of distraction.

BTP, you are totally right and already Harry has grown up from being a newborn.

My dh has just told me he is going to come home slightly early on a Tuesday and look after Harry for a couple of hours to give me some time to do something I want to do. Bless him.

I feel bad for being so upset now. Guess I just was scared that I wasn't going to be able to do something other than look after the little one.

Thanks again ladies. xxx :hugs: xxx

So pleased you got it sorted Fishy xx I agree, I think he is just worried about your welfare and doesnt want you burning yourself out xx

Aww so glad its sorted hun! Could you perhaps have a set time in the day to do the jewelry perhaps when harry sleeps! So you have a set routine then the evening is yours so oh can pamper you Hehe x

F&C :hugs: Its so hard to balance things when you have a baby. I go through the same thing just 'mummy melt downs' i call them, we all have them when we cant do everything. Men can just carry on their lives as they have been doing where ours have changed forever, they dont understand. It does just sound like he's meaning well but just not getting it.

SR she looks cuuuuute...but you are NAUGHTY for opening it ha ha!

I'm feeling sad i think as soon as i start giving Rosalie food she's going to stop BF :cry: she hardly feeds as it is now and if she's sleepy all she wants is to be swaddled and a dummy :cry:

Emzy !!!! thank you sooooooooooo much... that blanket has been a godsend, she has not been apart from it since we opened it... the bath set and hat and mits have come really handy.. thanks again,but i dont know how we are going to cope when i have to wash it..lol xxxxx mwah xxxx

young mummy
- at 10 weeks you dont expect to lose the baby as much.. must have been awful, so sorry. If that teddy works will you let me know, ill buy some for paige, would it still work even after all these weeks? x

Louise- i didnt know they did that.. how lovely.. really nice thing to do for the families... x

Jelly- i am too scared to even walk to the car in this weather x

BTP- i was going to ask you what happens with your oldest kids this xmas, i have told jakes dad i want jake here with us for paiges first xmas, he was really good about it.x

Laura- yay for mothercare sending vouchers x

F&C- i know exactly how you feel, i want to sculpt but dont get the time so i try to do other things just so i have some “me time” but when i mention i havnt had time to wash my hair he said what about when your on your laptop, u could do it then... !!!! To be honest from experience it doesnt get any easier, i started sculpting when jake was 2, when they go throught the night doing 12 hours then you have some time but i cant sculpt if i have to keep getting up due to dirt... do you do your engraves by hand? i thought they were done by a machine ? the thing is this is also a business for you, for both of you... i told grant that he will have to be 100% in charge of paige while i sculpt as i am at work and if i was working in a office away from home he wouldnt expect me to come home to help change a nappy....i find working from home is hard as there are things taking away my attention. x

Sisterrose- ellie looks stunning in her hat x

Boony- very proud of jayden wanting the big boys loo... so much easier when they are finally trained but the bit in-between is bloody hard.. x

Blob- Paige has started not wanting to be breast fed and is really upsetting me, i dont know why im so upset over it, i try to not give in with the bottle but i end up doing it and regretting it after... i dont have a clue why she is being funny, i may have to come to terms that i have to give up breast feeding x

I had young mummy for Kimi but i messaged her when she was asking for her SS to make herself known.... i did hint, i put fairy love and ladybugs... but unless you have seen my fairy art work i guess no one would have got that..lol

I am up for a meet... i dont mind travelling but may need to get hubby to drive...unless i take a train... im not a confident driver when i dont know where im going or have to go on motor ways so if anyone wants to bring their man it would help me.

Paige is now 11.4lbs, she is sticking exactly on the 50th centile.

I also ordered the 2010 keepsake box from next for £6, they had sold out but got more stock a couple of days ago.

Aww I'm so glad she likes it! We have the same problem when washing it!! It's a magic blanket lol x

Emzy Does it lose the softness when its washed?

I know we all love putting pretty photos of our babies but i love the odd ball photos of paige too... here are some of my fav.. im keeping them for when she gets older and she brings her boyfriends over...lol

https://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/ladykara1001/2010faces.jpg

It has a little bit kara, but to be honest I've washed it so many times it's no wonder! I hadn't noticed it lose it's softness until recently so I think you're alright for a few washes x

Here are my favourite oddball pics of Holly!

Attachments

• holly 1.jpg
    holly 1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 6
  • holly 2.jpg
    holly 2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 3
  • holly 3.jpg
    holly 3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3
  • holly 4.jpg
    holly 4.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 3
  • holly 5.jpg
    holly 5.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3
i love the one of you holding her... brilliant !!!!! i cracked up laughing... soooo cute !!!

I wish paige had hair, i made these bows which clip on, they are tiny and need to test them before i decide to sell them pon ebay... i may have to send one to holly to model for me... but i insist on her having that oddball face..lol x

he he love the oddball pics they made me laugh!

sr- eliie looks fab in that hat!

Blob- sorry that your getting less breastfeeding time , are you plannng anymore babies?

Fishy- glad everything got sorted i was hoping to talk to you about your jewellry at some point if your not too busy

well we went for our walk in the snow i put the buggy pic on facebook it was a bit tricky to push in the snow esp with the huge basket full of shopping i had!

ive spent the evening planning xmas eve my godchildren and friend are coming to tea and ive promised the kids a treasure hunt and pass the parcel and they want to put drink for santa and a carrot out on amelia and laylas behalf because they worried they wont get any presents bless them so i think we going to make "reindeer food" toox

lol so funny! I also like this pic! ha ha

I'm sure Holly would be delighted to model one of your bows! She has so much hair, it's getting in her eyes now, think I'm going to have to trim it!!

Attachments

• SIIICK.jpg
    SIIICK.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 6
Yea 2 more Genies :rofl: I dont know i think she's just not a total pig like her sister

Does anyone think my girlies look alike :flower:

Attachments

• 164517_53817572845_503707845_1755989_6508393_n[1].jpg
    164517_53817572845_503707845_1755989_6508393_n[1].jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi ladies

Just a quick fly by

F&C I just wanted to say I am glad you have sorted things out today and I totally understand how you feel. In fact I felt like you were reading my mind. I am exclusively breastfeeding too and Scarlett won't take a bottle. My hobby is baking and until today I hadn't baked a single thing since Scarlett was born because the free time I've had is taken with housework or cooking the dinner. I needed to make a Christmas Cake today - a Chocolate and Fruit one for a gift. I usually make my family proper iced Christmas Cakes but haven't been able to this year. This morning DH and I went to Waitrose and after Scarlett's lunchtime feed DH looked after her for 2 hours while I baked. That is the longest anyone else has looked after her (albeit still in the same house) since she was born. I felt like I was properly relaxed for the first time and it made me realise I have absolutely no time to myself. I can't even have a shower when I need one it has to be planned around her nap times or I have to get up really early to fit it in before she wakes. DH has been getting better at occupying her and not automatically assuming she's hungry all the time but he is working such long hours at work and with his illness on top it's not realistic to expect him to do much more. I guess I just wish I lived nearer my Mum and Grandmother for that extra bit of support.

Anyway my Little Miss has woken up so I best go xxx

:rofl: Emzy i love the sick photo ha ha ha! The other ones are so so cuuuuute also, I love baby photos.

Have given up waiting on Robin to finish work so am going to just eat my dinner now...

They look crazy alike :grr:

Blob they are identical!!!

SR Love the hat, so cute!

Fishy and Kara, like the others said, I think it's important that you have 'me' time, but I think it's down to the individual how they want to spend it!! If it's in the bath, playing suduko, laptop or crafting it doesn't matter as long as it's a little escape for you. That is one thing I miss with wayne being away, is that I can't hand her to someone if she's grizzly, if I need the loo and she's crying....tough luck mummy! I'm with my parents now so looking forward to handing her over a bit!! (As much as I love her, everyone needs a break!)

Blob... late dinner!! I realised myself the other night at 11pm that I had forgotten to eat so had lasagne! I'm rubbish when he's away, I have to make myself eat, otherwise I would just pig out on chocolate and nibbles all day!

Can't remember..... oh yes I can, I'm absolutely loving the oddball pics of the babies!! Soooooooo cute! I have loads of dodgy photos of Lilia, bless her, but they are on my laptop and I'm on my mums because mine won't connect to the internet grr! I'll upload them on to here tomorrow and post them! Although I think a few might be on my facebook... I'll look when i have finished this!

I really can't remember any other personals, I'm rubbish!

Lilia is in a travel cot for the very first time! She's still in her moses basket at home, so it was a big change for her, different room and big bed and low down as the base doesn't lift up!!Plus her moses basket is on a rocking stand and this obviously isn't!! She was NOT happy... she cried a bit, dummy went in and she calmed down. Cried again a minute or so later, so I went up and she was inconsolable! Everytime I calmed her she would start up again as I put her down, did this for 5 minutes and felt myself start to get stressed, so tucked her in and went downstairs to destress, 2 mins later.... silence! Zonked out!! Felt so cruel but I would have gotten wound up if I'd stayed up there... was 10 minutes start to finish so all in all not a bad bedtime, but it's the first night we've had crying at bedtime since she was under a week old!! Not nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->