September Stars

i can't imagine being pregnant yet either, I think I would feel guilty that Lilia would still only be a baby when she has a little brother or sister, she would suddenly have to grow up so much and I think I would feel bad about it!!

I might still have Amy's address somewhere from when i sent the flowers and star to her for Darcie... let me have a look and if I have it I'll pm it to you both..

I am...was?... head of music at a middle school... previously at a secondary school xx

I am going to be a SAHM, Ian's job and pay make it easy for me to do that, we pay cheap rent and apart from a few debts that are nearly paid we live quite comfortable, so for me I will probably go back to work when Hope is in education.
I don't want another baby, I want to enjoy Hope and take it everything she is, I think because we tried for so long for a baby, I would be scared that of we had another so soon I would miss things, silly I know!!

I'm with you Becs!! Wayne would have hundreds of kids, and I thought the same, but there is a bit of me that loves her so so much that I don't want her to ever miss out on anything, including me!!!

I think when she's turned 1 we may think about it... we got pregnant very quickly with Lilia and before that when I m/c so we were very lucky so I kind of presume that the same would happen next time!

Ian wants another one but for me its too soon, I have just about got my head around the birth!!

I also worry that we've been massively spoilt with Lilia! She is such a good baby and apart from the odd funny feed (which she's done again recently) where she'll refuse half her bottle, everythink else has gone pretty much by the book! The last time I had to get up in the night with her was october the 30th and we'd been at a wedding all day, she had been doing 3/4 nights through to one waking up before then.... she has been so so good! I think if we have another, we might get a massive shock....

:cry::cry::cry: Woah MMMM!!! (major mummy meltdown moment):cry::cry::cry:

I really dont know how much more my nerves will take about James being poorly, although he is getting there and has been so much better im now worrying because of his sunken fontanel!! My mum has recommended i put a drop of juice into a couple of oz of water to see if he will drink more. At what point would he need medical intervention?? What would happen?? etc... Arghhhhhh im cracking up!! He woke up before and id been on the verge of tears so i took him upstairs to feed him put his mobile on and he fed well for about 7 minutes :happydance: and i then just cried and cred and cried then i calmed myself down cos he was watching me and he gave me a big smile and i cried again!! I just always think the worse will happen! ...and then i am also worrying that my milk will start to dry up if he is feeding less :(

Fishy & Kara i think thats so very kind of you both! x

my neighbour rang me earlier which i thought was strange...and she sounded awful, asked if i had any paracetamol. So i took some to the back fence (our lil meeting point lol) and she was holding her ribs and looked dreadful!! I asked if she was ok and turns out she had just got back from A&E. She had skidded on some black ice and her car flipped over onto its roof and she had to be pulled out through the back window!! She has 2 cracked ribs and some cuts and bruises! I personally cant believe they have sent her home!!

Sorry for my moany hormonal rant!! x

I also worry that we've been massively spoilt with Lilia! She is such a good baby and apart from the odd funny feed (which she's done again recently) where she'll refuse half her bottle, everythink else has gone pretty much by the book! The last time I had to get up in the night with her was october the 30th and we'd been at a wedding all day, she had been doing 3/4 nights through to one waking up before then.... she has been so so good! I think if we have another, we might get a massive shock....

I feel The same my friend whose LO is 8 mths has only started to sleep through the night JJ slept through by six weeks. Mil says JJ is chilled out and happy because we are...... I think we have just been lucky regardless of parenting each baby is different and know next time will be 100% harder.

Doctors told me at twenty I would have trouble concieving so the fact I fell pregnant two months coming off the pill but not trying yet amazed mr. I still feel like it was all just too easy. I'm still convinced I won't be able to fall pregnant again it was just a one in a million chance that we did. injust want to make the most of JJ whilst I can before going back to work

GG I'm a management accountant for an international food manufacturer, well known household brands . I deal with stores promotions and sales reports and performance etc. I love my job and always have. In worried when I go back that I will still need to work in head office in Paris as I don't think I'd be happy staying a full night away

....im the deputy manager of a private day nursery :) but to be honest i said to Chris the other day that i dont know if i want to work in a room with the children anymore...would love to work helping new mums but that wont be until James is in school cos il av to pay for childcare otherwise :hehe: x

Oh LBB bless you :hugs: I don't blame you for feeling stressed, he's been poorly for days and it must be so hard!

I think they are only concerned about the sunken fontanelle thing if it is along with other symptoms, maingly lethargy and being floppy...I remember I rang the midwife when Lilia was small about it because hers always seemed to be sunken but they said it's not really a concern on its own... if you are concerned he is a bit dehydrated then yes you could give him water (although I thought they didn't recomment they had fruit juice, even diluted?) or just keep offering him booby juice... the feeding issues might also be linked with feeding as Lilia is refusing to feed a lot at the moment, she'll have 2/3 ounces then scream whenever the bottle is near her after that! (Although she seems a lot better when laid flat, but I don't suppose you can really do that when bfing....).... if you are in any doubt ring NHS direct or the on call HV team xx

Hehe I have said on numerous occasions since the trouble with my step sons that my next career move I want to take over social services and kick their arses into gear!!! Teach them that a tidy house doesn't always mean a safe/secure/happy home!! But that's another matter!

ladies I have 2 questions....

1. Have your babies eyes changed colour yet? If they have when did they?! lilia's are still blue, Wayne said if they still are when he comes home then we'll be going on Jeremy Kyle lol!! His dads are blue but everyone elses are brown!!

2. Do your babies have tears yet?? We have had one tear I think so far, and even then it wasn't a tear as such more a slight dampening at the corner of her eye!! I'm wondering when they are supposed to come in?

James has grey/blue eyes now they were very dark blue when he was born!

James has tears yes i hate when he has tears he doesnt get them rolling down his cheeks yet but then again i dont let him cry long hehe x

Thanks louise for the advice & reassurance xx

We are not trying, I forgot the pill over xmas... would love to have another but dont think i could do the pregnancy part just yet...Paige is a very demanding baby.. and my work would screw if i got pregnant again.. . We need a bigger house and i need to get over labor still, my body still aches all over !! but if it happens by mistake it would be a lovely mistake.

Jake never had any brothers or sisters and i dont want paige not having any siblings to play with. within 3 years maybe.... ok 2 years... no 1 year.....lol

We are trying to look into a bussiness we can do from home so i can cut my hours down or leave... if hubby did the night shifts i could sculpt but he wasnt too excited about this

LBB- i dont mention it on facebook, i only mentioned it on here because you guys know every intimate detail about me so why not my job, ill be on here ranting about it in a few months and as i get closer to going back its going to be very upsetting and ill need to rant..
Paige has a sunken fontanel too, well it looks sunken to me but doctor didnt say anything yesterday so thought it was me worrying yet again, i think we just see it worse than it really is...my milk has also started to dry up due to xmas, im pumping as often as i can as im not ready to give it up totally. cant believe what happened to your neighbour.. hope they are ok..xx

Jelly- good luck with the course honey, you get to stay in paris now and then ? wow i bet that was fun before james arrived, i can understand why it would be hard now.

louise and F&C keep me updated about the address, i have a baby sculpted but wont know if i like her until she has been finished and that wont be till grants got his days off again...thanks guys xx

Louise- paiges eyes have not changed but i have blue eyes and g has green.... i have seen paige cry with real tears 3 times, the first time she was only 2 weeks old, i didnt think that could happen so early.. broke my heart..

Louise, Tobe now has brown eyes, same as his daddy and brother.
And he gets the same - dampness and wet in the eyes, but not enough that full teardrops run out.

I am the School Programs Coordinator at the Zoo!

My OH wanted to join the police but he is dyslexic so wouldnt av passed the entrance test :( x

James has started to sleep with his eyes open its very strange!! lol x

Ben had tears quite early and gets very upset if I don't pick him up straight away, the little minx. Not been in in ages!!

Ben had his Tongue tie cut just before Xmas and now feeds alot better as he used to spill alot before and it would shoot out of the side of his mouth at speed. Got him weighed yesterday and he is now 16lbs 7oz so growing like crazy. It was a community nursery nurse that came round she was nice but talked at me like reading from a script so bloody patronising.

Lily starts pre-school on Monday and is very excited. Will miss her though as she's getting all grown up so quick. Xx

Aww blondie glad he feeding better!

Dont believe it James has a temp again 38.9! 5hrs after having paracetamol so im sitting up now just watching him to make sure he is ok! A high temp is the body fighting infection isnt it and antibiotics take 48 hours to kick in yea? X

Lbb really hope James feels better soon, I'm sure another day of antibiotics will get that temperature down xx

JJ eyes are still blue/grey and both myself and DH have brown eyes. Not sure when they are meant to change. Unfortunatly he also cries tears, I feel a bad mum as he cries probably tears once a day but then is generally a happy go lucky baby. I hate seeing him with tears its so heartbreaking

JJ had his first laughs last night, it was so adorable DH and I couldn't help but laugh too.

Louise - I was planning on asking the same thing about eyes. Ellie's eyes are still blue but they're much lighter than they were at birth. OH has blue eyes a similar colour though and I have green eyes. She also cries tears.

LBB - Really hope James feels better soon :-( :hugs:

Right now I'm having a bit of a nightmare with Ellie, as she won't be put down. She's gradually been getting worse I think but it's at the stage now that I can't put her down in her chair unless she SCREAMS until she goes red in the face and like Louise was asking, she cries real tears and gets very upset. The thing is, I'm only putting her down because I have to do things, I put her down to tidy, I put her down while I pee and I put her down while I cook and eat, OH works 7am til 6pm so there's only me in the house and I have no other choice than to put her down.
This week though, because of how much she's been pantomiming I've had to take my chopping board and cut all of my vegetables on the kitchen floor right in front of her chair and eat my dinner/tea on the floor three times this week and surely that's not good for me or her?? everytime i so much as turned my back to open the fridge she screamed. Last night it even took us 4 hours to settle her off to sleep in her crib because everytime we put her down she started screaming and crying, as soon as we picked her up she'd snuggle in and start drifting off to sleep :( it's so upsetting because I wish I could just hold her all of the time but things need to be done and most of all it's not good for her being that way. I think I'm going to have to just start letting her cry it out otherwise in the end I can see I'll be eating on the floor everyday and we'll have her sleeping with us in our bed until she's 8 :-S
I can already see that leaving her for nursery/school is going to be a bad idea!

Anyone else have similar troubles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->