September Stars

Thanks GG, this is Hope's 2nd lot, we are running 4 weeks behind due to moving, nurofen at the ready!!!!

aww good luck with the jabs today ladies. There seems to be lots of jabs today, I know Drazic is taking Melody for hers today too. Holly cried a lot with her 3rd set, but got over it quicker and was absolutely fine by the time we got home. She did have a random night waking later that week, but other than that, they didn't affect her. Just think, after these are over, that's it til 12/13 months! Good luck ladies x

I feel totally crap today, snotty, sore throat and I was sick when I got up. I haven't been sick since I was pregnant lol It reminded me of this time last year when I constantly had my head down the toilet with morning sickness. It's funny as the weather is the same as this time last year as well, I remember being stuck in as I was too sick to go out and feeling all sorry for myself as it was a grim and grey and dark. Can't believe that was a year ago!

Holly is snotty today as well, but seems a bit better, more like her usual smiley self. She slept from 11 til 9.30 last night, so a good night again. She's currently bobbing about in her door bouncer. She doesn't really bounce yet, more lunges forward and just sort of hangs around with the occasional bounce!

Matt just text me to say that his department have all received 90 day redundancy notices. We knew it might be coming, what with the change in the government they weren't sure if they were going to continue with the funding for skills for life (he teaches literacy) and it sounds as if they are going to at least put them on 3 day weeks, if not lay them off totally. We won't find out til March either way. Matt is secretly a bit happy about it, as he doesn't really enjoy his job, but I'm a bit worried about what we are going to do. But I also believe everything happens for a reason and that everything works out in the end. In a way, a 3 day week would be excellent, as I'd be able to get a 2/3 day a week job during the days he is off and we could share childcare. We'll have to see what happens.

We've only just received a Christmas card from my Gran in Canada and it has a £100 cheque for Holly in there, which is so lovely. She said to buy something nice for Holly but I can't think of anything. I might just stick it in her trust fund, but if I can think of a nice present to buy I will get one. Any ideas?

xx

Ollie also cried alot more with his 3rd set of jabs having 3 was awful for the poor lil man but he wasnt poorly off these ones like he was with the first two sets which i was pleased about as he was not himself for 2days after the other ones.

Hope all babies getting jabs today are okay and mummies to as it is awful to watch

Rosie has her second lot on Jan 17th, her sisters birthday:dohh: never a good time but they always seem to hit a birthday or something! Poor baby was really upset first time, she has forgotten all about it now:nope:
I am going to hold her this time, i feel dh didn't hold her firmly enough, and i could see too much watching, it was such large needles in such little legs, i am going to try what someone suggested and hold her legs more not let them dangle.

Emzy, hope you feel better soon, every time i think i feel better i seem to feel bad again the next day!:shrug:
£100, lovely, buy something? Not sure, i have still got Rosie's money from the baby grant, i think i will save it for her, we had £100 from her grand parents collectvely she has put some towards her jumperoo, some towards some baby clothes and some towards some other toys, it went a long way because i kept spending my money and couldn't bring myself to use hers, but did eventually!
Matt doesn't sound too gutted about the job then! I think both part time and shared baby care is nice for him, my dh is very close to our first daughter as she was only 4 months old when he stopped work, plus he was always laid up so he was a great crawl to target for cuddles!:hugs:

Was very pleased with Tesco, only 1 replacement for sugar, which i was supplied a more expensive one was used and the difference refunded, it was so much easier not to struggle with a toddler and baby round the shop, i think i may be doing it weekly now for ease, i feel lazy but hey ho!

I have put the baby motion alarm in the cot for Rosie as it kept going off in the basket placed in the cot, and it was just as i fell asleep!
I will see how it goes tonight and if it still goes off i will replace it, i need a motion monitor!
How did i ever sleep without one?

Right off i go, facebook and then roast chicken, done the spuds and veg, its fairly easy one tonight!
:hugs:xx

Emma, hope you feel better soon!! I am also a firm believer in everything happes for a reason!! I am sure if Matt is one of them he will find something!! Like you say if he doesn go donw to short week you can get some thing!!! That was nice of them, I put Hope's money in her bank account, I haven't done anything with the CTF, I am not going to bother tbh!!

Hope had her jabs, cried for 10 seconds then smiled!! She got a bit grizzly and red earlier so gave some nurofen and she is now fast asleep on me in the wrap!!

OBEM is back on tonight!!!!!! Can't wait!!!

Hi ladies got to be quick as Wayne is on and offline at the moment, he's back in the fob for a few days rest before he goes back out on the ground again, had a phonecall this morning, wa lovely!

i had a call from my oldest stepson saying his mum said he can come round again! So I'm getting them from school on friday, it is both of them this time as the younger one knows the older one got a psp for christmas and is probably wanting to open his presents!!

So happy!

Becs I was wondering what to do with the £50 whether to bother or not. I personally didn't recognise fifty % of the banks running the trust funds.... What's everyone else done?

Louise great news about the boys!

BTP I love Tesco delivery so much easier

Question of the day, what do people use to bathe LO. Everyone says that you will be sharing a bath with LO by now but DH and I aren't really bath people. We currently use a plastic seat but I feel the bit in-between his legs is uncomfortable for him now he's heavier. Today I bought a a raised towel thing to put JJ on and see if he will like that. He really enjoys kicking and splashing which is why we stopped using the baby bath. Anyone recommend something as he gets bigger

Jelly we went with Nationwide for the trust fund, because that's who we bank with now. We've set up a direct debit to go into it each month too. It's not much, but it will add up! My dad did one for me when I was a baby and I got about £800 when I was 18 when I went to uni and that was fab!

As for the bath, Holly doesn't actually fit in her baby bath anymore! We also have a plastic seat and it doesn't seem to bother her and she goes nuts, splashing her arms and legs everywhere! I also bathe with Holly sometimes. Either I just have her in with me and Matt gets her in and out or if I'm on my own, I'll put the plastic seat at the plug end, sit her in it until I'm in, then take it out and put it at the side of the bath until I need to put her back in it to get out! The reason I take it out is because the water rises up and goes over her head when I get in lol!! I saw one of the september stars had a plastic inflatable bath seat thing which I thought looked good (can't remember who it was...?) xx

Speaking of baths, Holly is almost too big for her hooded baby towels now too. Does anyone know where you can get bigger hooded ones?

Jelly, I have always just held baby in baby bath, then in the big bath, but leaning over can be a bit of a back breaker!
I have taken showers with all the babies, and had baths with them, even breast fed in the bath!
Obviously atm my girls go in together, the two older ones with each other, then i hold Rosie in for a while and dry and change her on the bathroom floor, while the others are in the bath.
Rosie doesn't like the bath so it's a dunk in and out, the others used to go nuts in it!
If he likes to splash have you thought about placing the baby bath in the normal bath?
I only bath her every few days, she currently has an oiled head so i can comb out her cradle cap!

Still haven't really answered your question! :shrug:

:hugs:xx

Lilia still has her baths in the baby bath in the living room! My mother in law bought her some rubber ducks which flash different colours when they are on the water, they are BRILLIANT!! She loves them! No idea about towels emzy, or other things to help baths jelly.... I unfortunately don't have the option to bath with Lilia, I have no way of putting her anywhere while I get in or out? Unless I plonked her on the floor beside the bath?!

Louise great news so glad you get time with the boys I'm sure Wayne will be thrilled, does he hear from them while he is away?

Jelly- we are still using the bath supports but I have ready a bath mat that has a sit me up seat attached (mines a double obviously) but they do a single friends gave one and say it's fab it's from mothercare

Becs- glad hope did well with her jabs,
I used Santander for the trust funds I had to go in for my mum the leaflet was by the door so I just filled them in, we don't get much from the government thought I may swell claim the money I doubt we will add to them though

Emzy- lovely cheque to get may be put half in the bank and use half to buy something for the next stage maybe a baby slide or swing for the garden?

Btp- I couldn't live without my shopping being delivered even though sometimes they make mistakes and I moan it's so much easier

Our jabs went well Amelia was so busy smiling at the dr she didn't notice the first needle at all but they both cried after that but recovered quickly and seem fine now
Just cooked and eaten toad in the hole I'm stuffed now !

Just a quickie, will be back later, but IKEA do fab kids towels. We just got Sam a green frog hooded one and there's loads of room in it, even for a big lad like him. x

I ve just looked the bathmat I was saying about is called the aquapod

Lilia still has her baths in the baby bath in the living room! My mother in law bought her some rubber ducks which flash different colours when they are on the water, they are BRILLIANT!! She loves them! No idea about towels emzy, or other things to help baths jelly.... I unfortunately don't have the option to bath with Lilia, I have no way of putting her anywhere while I get in or out? Unless I plonked her on the floor beside the bath?!

I take Olivias bumbo up with me and just plonk her in that by the side of the bath, quickly get in and then lift her out and then reverse it on the way out. I love having a bath with Olivia but OH is not always around so found this worked best. x

Regarding baths, I have always put Hope in the main bath, we have used one of those raised things and they were fab, I have also got one of those sponges that baby lays flatish on in the bath, Hope loves this and its alot more stable!! We do have baths together and its lovely!!! She now has a bath everynight normally around 6.30!!

Hope is really tired tonight and I think she may be off to bed in a bit, those injections have knocked her for 6!!

Hmmmm, Lilia is already tucked up in bed!!! Not quite asleep, I can hear her babbling on the monitor! She woke up at 7 this morning, I plonked her dummy in but then Wayne rang so got her into bed with me and she babbled down the phone at him! So cute, as soon as I put him on loudspeaker and she hears his voice she goes really still and stares at the phone, she obviously recognises it!! Anyway after an early start, she's had 4 bottles as normal, slightly more spaced apart, but she was sooo tired before her last bottle I thought early night! When she gives in and goes to sleep I will pour myself a glass of red I think, first since new year! (which i know was only a week or so ago but I haven't had alcohol in my own house since before wayne went!!!)

ooh Genies I was just looking at the aquapod. I think I might get one! Looks fab! And thanks Asher I'll check out Ikea, although the nearest one to me is Aston under Lyne and it's a trek when you don't drive lol

Is anyone interested in buying a pink Bumbo with tray? We're just not using it that much and we have sooo much baby stuff cluttering the house. Also I put her in it earlier and she nearly got stuck in it as her legs are so chubby LOL If anyone is interested I'm hoping for around £20 posted for it, but am open to offers. We still have the box for it somewhere, so should be able to find that too. PM me if interested x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->