September Stars

I have the best recipe for gooey choc chip cookies, they are all lovely and chewy and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm better still only takes 5 minutes!! (well then you need 10 mins to cook them!)

Watched OBEM, had a little laugh at the silly woman then had a little cry, mainly at the blokes crying!! Makes me want to do it again so I can prove it's not that bad!! (rose tinted specs methinks!)

i recorded it and watching it now, i started crying just watching the intro, i paused and it and rang my mum... i asked if i was as bad as that women as i could swear i was but apparently i just moaned a lot and hubby says i growled.... oh but i was sick non stop through out it....

I was terrified i would move when they gave me the epidural

Ok im at the bit just before they give her the epidural... this is how i thought i was !!...lol

I forgot to tell you all, I'm looking after a friends daughter tomorrow morning as she has to take her other daughter to great ormond street... she is 11 months, walking, eating real food, and I'm SCARED!!! We'll see if i would be able to cope with two!!

:hi: girls!
Very tired today.
Not a great sleeping night for either the toddler or the baby and I went to bed last night feeling so worn out and really looking forward to a good sleep. Ah well.
Husband is on night shifts the next two nights, so I'm on my own with the little devils. Anyone else ever tempted to drug their children? :haha:

We have Tobe's next set of vaccinations on Wed. I may get them to add the flu shot as we are going into a hot zone for flu the following week when we travel to Ontario to visit my husband's family. I think he's old enough for it now? :shrug:
I'm just going to be hell on handwashing for the whole family. The last two times we've travelled there, I have picked up the most miserable sinus infections on the plane. I am determined not to have any of us get sick this time around.

As for baby savings, we have a really great plan here in Canada for education savings. It's called the RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan) and the government will match your contributions by 20% up to a maximum of $2500. That's right - they will plonk up to another $500 into the account if you put in $2500. It's a very good incentive to save and it's earmarked for education. So the boys cannot use it to go travelling or anything like that. It has to be used at an approved educational institution. :thumbup: If they don't use it, then the gov't contribution and interest earned on it gets taken back, and the original contribution can get rolled into your registered retirement plan. It's a really good system. We've made it a savings priority after seeing calculations on how high tuition will be (at the current rate of inflation) by the time Simon and Tobe are ready for post-secondary schooling. :shock: It's a crazy amount. I figure if we don't do this saving for them, they aren't going to have much of a choice about going to uni at all. :(

Asher, I'm a red wine girl, too. :wine: I'd love a glass or two tonight, but I don't usually when I'm by myself. Just in case there is an emergency or something and I need to drive/think clearly! :)

Lol Asher pubic transport!! Bloody phone!!

Good luck tomorrow Louise! You'll be great. My friend cane over when I was at my mums with her 18 month old, so cute but such s handful!!

Hmm maybe ill keep the bumbo then if two of you think they are good later on! I've read that they're no good for older babies and she doesn't really fit in it now!.we can't put the tray on as her legs are so chubby LOL!! But if it'll be good later on then ill keep and just put away for now x

Oh kara I ment to say holly went through a phase like that with the bath, but is back to loving them again now x

I have the best recipe for gooey choc chip cookies, they are all lovely and chewy and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm better still only takes 5 minutes!! (well then you need 10 mins to cook them!)

Watched OBEM, had a little laugh at the silly woman then had a little cry, mainly at the blokes crying!! Makes me want to do it again so I can prove it's not that bad!! (rose tinted specs methinks!)

Um, post this please? :flower:

evening ladies im on temperature watch!! lol...iv decided to ride the temp out a while to see if it goes down by itself. Took James to the doctors today he wanted to see him again...got to give a few more doses of antibiotics and he is going to ring me tomorrow to see how we got on if he is still havng them he is going to refer his to a peadiatrition(sp) at the hospital...i think we need to look at othe possibilities! he ddefinately get narky as the pain relief is wearing off!! But he is teething doing funny poos where he trumps and does a bit and its green/yellow & seedy and so has a very sore bottom. Coud it we wind or possibly reflux?? who knows!!

James hates a bath and screams!!!! If im bathing him in the big bath i have my shower then fill the bath and sit in and bath James...i take his seat/bouncer in the bathroom and line it with a towel and pop him in and wrap him then get towelled myself!

I had 5 pagges catch up on and cant remember much else sorry ladies...what a selfish post!!! x

Lady k this is exactly what JJ has started to do past couple of weeks and now this week screams whilst in the bath bs splash splash last week. That's why we think he finds the plastic seat uncomfortable

Well Rosie spent the first night in her cot, and seems to love it, she gets really exited when i put her in it, then she settled, usually i would expect to spend time settling her, but she went to sleep! She is so happy this morning!
I oiled her head last night and did a cradle cap comb, loads came out, and her head looks lovely and clear today. Her head smells of olive oil!:haha:

Obem was good, wont give too much away to those who recorded or catch it on iplayer, but it was good! I did wonder how the swearing lady will feel watching it back! :blush:
I had good births really, all bar the first and last, i was laughing when the mw said it was something you only do 2 or 3 times, or 5!! And i would do it again, but don't tell dh, cant believe i feel broody just from obem, it is nice to watch it with a baby in my arms though, not like last time baby in belly!

Got to go, the task for today is to get ds's new net book online, I lost the code thingy I need and so will be fun today trying to get it sorted, I hope i dont have to re connect everything, we have 4 xboxes, 2 laptops, 2 blackberrys, and the net book, kids are hi tech!!

Sorry for selfish post, can't really remember much., trying to ignore gooey cookies, and extra chocolaty chocolate brownies you mean lot!
Beans on toast later to look forward to!:haha:

Hope everyone is good, have nice day all xx:hugs:

2 sleeping babies! Wow, I'm shattered and its only midday!! Definately don't think an R&R baby is on the cards! I have learnt a lot...boxes of tissues = no!!!!

Will post the recipe sarah...

chewy choc chip cookes...

100g/4oz softened butter/margarine
100g/4oz soft brown sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
150g/6oz self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
50g/2oz chocolate chips or Smarties

Preheat the oven to 170°C/160°C fan/Gas 3.

Beat the butter, sugar and syrup together until soft and creamy.
Mix in the flour, vanilla extract and add the chocolate chips.
Divide the mixture into about 15 pieces and roll into balls using your hands.
Place well apart on greased baking sheets. Do not flatten them.

Bake for about 10 mins until a pale golden colour (don't cook any longer or they'll go crispy!)

Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes and then remove from the tray and finish cooling on a wire rack.

Yummy!

You naughty ladies taking about cookies and brownies... must... not...bake...

I feel like rubbish again today. In fact, I feel worse! This cold will not go away! I was planning on walking to town and back today but I feel too crap, so another day in for me.

LBB hope James feels better today. It's awful when they are poorly! Holly has been doing the trump/poo thing too since she's had this cold but she's not had a temp. She usually only has 1 poo a day if that and now she's doing 4 or 5. She's also being sick more. I think it's from all the mucus she is swallowing, as they can't cough it up like us can they? Feel sorry for them, I feel shocking so she must feel the same bless her!

I'm starting to think maybe a walk might do me good, I hate being stuck in the house. Hmm we will see!

2 sleeping babies! Wow, I'm shattered and its only midday!! Definately don't think an R&R baby is on the cards! I have learnt a lot...boxes of tissues = no!!!!

Lol, and packets of wet wipes too!

Re the tissues...
IMG00206-20101219-1406.jpg

Sophie showing me what happens to a box of tissues you leave lying about! :dohh:

Lol, and packets of wet wipes too!

Re the tissues...
View attachment 154698

Sophie showing me what happens to a box of tissues you leave lying about! :dohh:

LOL how funny, i see a little face poking out of the sofa....my dad said my "thing" was pulling the ribbon out of tape cassettes :dohh:

okay note to self no tissues got it! :)

im tired today Layla has decided to start waking every three hours in the night again so my cold thing has come back due to lack of sleep, i went into town this morning very quickly left the girls with mum and i was so out of it i forgot to get off luckily the next stop wasnt too far away!

must write down that biscuit recepie

Hello ladies xx

Just a quick one from me as I am typing one handed!!! Took Hope to be weighed this morning, my chunk weighs 17lb 7oz @ 16 weeks!!! Bless her!! 2lb on in 5 weeks!!!

thanks for sharing that recipe Louise, oh and ....3 more days :) so pleased for you cos i can see how much to adore those boys xx

Thanks for everything ladies...James doesnt have a temperature today think the antibiotics have kicked in!!! Emzy i have given James 5ml of gripe water this morning cos he seemed in pain and he did the biggest 2 poo's one after the other and is fine now!! :) x

BTP that is something we come home to everyday...and that is from the dog he always bloody finds something!! I spotted the lil face just as i closed the photo and had to open it to look again!! haha x

BTP what a cute photo! Love the little face peeping out! Oh, and I found out the wet wipes one a little bit later on!!

Well my other friend was supposed to come and take over at 2pm, she popped round at 3pm, and has now gone to get her kids from school, she has taken Beth but apparently she's bringing her back round so we can 'look after her together'!!!!! How cheeky! Lilia is worn out from watching her wandering around and is now sparko for the second time today! It'll only be 15 mins like before but at least it gives me a chance to sit and relax!

LB so glad James' temperature has come down at last! You deserve a medal!

Becs, bless Hope! What a fab weight gain! I wanted to get Lilia weighed today but didn't dare go to the clinic with Beth in tow aswell! Will have to wait until next tuesday now :(

genies, hope you feel better soon!

Kara...at least you won't have to worry about that with paige! No tape cassettes anymore! Just to think, our babies will never have a clue what a tape or video is!!!

Emzy, hope you feel better soon too, and Holly!

Might have to make some cookies tonight myself now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->