September Stars

Is anyone elses baby not tried any food yet or tried and not ready yet ?

Iv'e tried Olivia on a few different things now and she is just not interested in the slightest at all. Whatever I put in comes straight back out no matter how much I persevere she just isn't bothered !! Can anyone recommend anything that might be worth trying that has been a massive hit with their LO ?

Emzy, that Ikea is only about 6 miles away from me! How weird is that? We're always there, quite often take the kids or my mum for a cheap feed!!

I've only been once! It's not actually that far from me in the car, my friend took us once as they bought us an ikea voucher for a wedding present! We had meatballs when we were there, yum! It's just an effort to get there on pubic transport!

Emma, I keep thinking about selling our bumbo, Hopes legs seem too chunky for it, when you life her out you take the seat with you lol!!!

Louise, bless Lilia, I love listening to them babble, its so cute!!!!

Laura Holly spits some food out and not others. Usually lumpy food comes right back out! She likes rusks and mashed banana mixed with milk and she also likes cow and gate porridge. She also really likes this pouch of strawberrys, rasberrys and banana that I got in sainsbury's, but then I bought nearly the same thing but a different brand and she didn't like it! Fussy eater! lol She also likes Heinz Mum's own recipie chicken dinner!!

Laura, Sam's only just started getting slightly better with his little tastes just this last few days. I originally tried him on baby rice and BM, but he wasn't keen and still isn't. He did seem to prefer rusk and BM. Then I did an apple and a pear puree and tried them separately and mixed together. Then I bought a few Ella's kitchen purees, and he LOVED the apples and bananas one!! Today I pureed some carrot with a little butter, and he seemed to quite enjoy it. The thing I noticed (and with the bigger two boys when they were babies too) was the tongue thrust thing. Initially, they all just shoved the food straight back out of their mouths. Then all of a sudden, one day, they just appeared to enjoy the taste and cope with moving the food to the back of their mouths and swallow it. Like a really fast learning curve. Also, I read somewhere that it's good to try them with their first tastes from your fingertips rather than a spoon. I never did it, but it makes sense I guess!!

I forgot to mention the SAM SLEPT THROUGH FOR THE LAST TWO NIGHTS!!!!! I am in shock still!! I bet it won't happen tonight though! All the boys were in bed before 8, very ominous!!

Hope all the little jabbed babies are okay tonight. Sam had his third lot last week, 3 jabs, and although he screamed blue murder at the time, they didn't appear to bother him after that. I did give a little nurofen before bed to ward off any issues.

Louise, so sweet that Lilia stops and goes quiet when she hears Wayne's voice. Little love. Your idea of a glass of red made me jealous, but we've got no wine, so DH has made me a Jack Daniels and Coke. It is gorgeous!!

Ha ha Emzy, is "pubic" transport uncomfortable??!! Hee hee that made me laugh! But yeah, I should think that Ikea is a nightmare to get to without a car. It's a shame, it's a top shop.

Ahh thanks guys think I might try the baby bath in the big bath see if he likes it again. GG I saw the inflatable bath mat thing today was umm and Ahhed will have to purchase one for when JJ is a little bit older.

Laura I have only tried Lilia once on baby rice and formula milk, although when i followed the instructions - 1 spoon to 10 spoons of milk, it was just liquid...pretty much the same consistency as formula so I think it just confused her! She was not happy, had no clue what to do and I gave in! I think I might try again with it in a couple of days as that was a week ago, I might try rusk and formula mixed up although i've read loads that says not to use rusks cos of the sugar!!

Louise I am SO SO jealous how well she sleeps :cry: Also YAAY about the boys getting to see you thats great!!

I totally have to get the shopping delivered is so much nicer, and you dont spend as much when you see the total going up next to you...

We use the plastic seat with Rosalie but we have a floating thing with Tabs? I normally sit on the bath with my feet in the water so its more comfy?

As for towels I just use the same ones, we thought last time that they were getting too small but they worked out ok. Also the toddler ones that they put over their heads like ponchos?

Laura I would just leave food until she is ready, they are not all ready at the same stage. I'm thinking Rosalie is nearly ready as she tries to eat everything im eating and puts spoons in her own mouth etc? I would just offer her something on your finger every now and again and wait until she's bothered.

As for the bumbo, Tabs uses hers still and loves it :rofl: once they start moving the chunk goes away and they like the seat again...

Paige has started to not like baths, She stays really still and unsure about it, but when we get her out she screams !!!!! so i dont know if she likes it or not. I have a summer folding bath chair for her but we sometimes have her in the bath with me. If im on my own i cant but great tip using the bumbo !!! Can you only use the sit up chairs which go in the bath once they can sit on their own ?

Im watching paige on the camera asleep and she is making sounds... the same sounds they make when they have been crying and when they stop they take a quick breath in...she has also started to make snorting sounds when she is awake should i be worried??

We are going to try and have more of a routine during the day

Laura- paige spits it out, we brought some little jars as grant found them exciting to buy !!! we have used two small spoonfuls (which she spits out) and then we chuck it, total waste of money !!!

Louise- i love how you talk about your step sons, you can tell you love them as if they were your own and its really sweet to read... a lot of step parents are not like that,.. really pleased you get to have them for a bit x

G.G- how did the control crying going ? im thinking of trying this with paige.

both babies in bed used the new cot light for the first time tonight it looks like a rave with sheep! No screaming so far just a dummy drop think id better go check its just to quiet!

no wine for tonight, this is rare for me i had a nice cup of tea and a homemade brownie instead what a good girl :)

oh god dh is watching another traffic cop show soooo boring!

I agree, the bumbo comes into its own later on.

Louise, I run bath, undress Rosie and put her on her mat on a towel next to the bath, i get in, reach over. get her and reverse to get out xx

obem just started xx

Ha ha Genies, we're quite taken with Traffic cop shows!! We saw one the other night, and the police car in question when flying past our local pub!!

The JD and coke was lush. I am more of a red wine girl myself, it's my only weakness! I eat well, exercise lots etc, but I do like a nice glass of wine. I just always have to make sure it's straight after Sam's gone down so it's gone from the old boobs for the next feed. And mmmmmm homemade brownies. I was just saying to DH that I need to start baking again, haven't done it since I was pregnant. Was it an easy recipe?

I also need to start knitting again, haven't touched it since Sam was born. I'm hoping now he's getting that bit older that I can start again. I want to knit him a funky tanktop for his christening, which we're hoping will be at the end of Feb.

I'm recording OBEM so I can watch it in peace without DH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->