September Stars

I was wondering Emzy!! Lilia still has her 4 bottles a day, was thinking my goodness Holly has two more than her!!

Just realised I forgot to eat again! Doh! So being naughty and having fishfingers chips and mushy peas yum yum! What a child i am!

Hope has 6 6-7oz bottles a day!!! She is a greedy little thing!!

Lol hungry girl!! Holly has 5 6-7oz bottles, which is a bit less than the guidelines but she keeps gaining loads of weight!!

Had a frantic, manic morning of trying to get a baby and a toddler and myself out the door to the Zoo so that I could pick up some files I need for one of the writing projects.
Seriously ridiculous how long it took to get out the door. A solid two hours of toddler hijinks and ensuing messes, time outs, poop-splosions, BFing sessions, etc. And of course, it's -30 with wind chill and you have to dress for the walk in from the parking lot and the walk between buildings, but the buildings themselves are all kept at tropical temperatures for the animals, so I had to devise complicated layering systems of clothing.
By some miracle, we got there and had a lovely walk around and didn't lose anyone or get frostbite. I feel like the champion of all mamas after accomplishing that!
I keep telling myself that it will be easier to get outside in the summer, but then I think of all the sun and swim gear and I just sort of sigh to myself in resignation. :nope: Life is not going to be simple again for a long long time, is it girls? :)

It is the anniversary of the Stars BFPs season, isn't it? Plenty of you knew in Dec, but I got mine Jan.19 of last year. And am now staring at the result who is currently attached to my boob like a barnacle.

Louise, thanks for the recipe. Looks positively evil! :thumbup:

Oh, and meant to add, I turn 35 on Thursday!
Ancient old crone now, there's no getting around it. :jo:

Crikey Sarah I am exhausted reading that!! I take my hat off to you!!!

Thanks ladies. Emzy, I've been trying to get him back to sleep after one cycle but he just won't go back down. Unfortunately he no longer takes his dummy. He had 4 short naps today but spent the time in-between really tired.

Wow Sarah! All I did today was try and get Harry to sleep! lol!

Hey ladies

I've just had to catch up on 15 pages. I can remember what I've read but not necessarily who said it so I'm going to catch up by topic - hope that's ok?

BF/FF - it's personal choice at the end of the day and I think women who BF acting superior about it isn't going to help anyone. Any woman who found it easy the first time was flipping lucky and the exception rather than the rule. I think it was Emzy who said she was upset about having to give up :hugs: I can't understand exactly how you feel but I do understand the disappointment of things not turning out as you planned. I still feel upset that I didn't get the birth that I wanted and that has been heightened by the fact that I've had complications. BF is hard at the end of the day and I don't blame anyone who gave up. To be honest the only reason I carried on was sheer bloody mindedness. I was so disappointed with my birth experience I felt I was going to BF no matter what happened. Believe me, I've wanted to give up so many times but I'm stubborn and I'm also lazy so couldn't be bothered with sterilising etc.

Jobs - I've got a degree in Law but worked in the fashion industry as a buyer for 13 years after Uni. I feel quite dis-illusioned with the industry and can't imagine going back into it again. It was great when I was young and could travel the world without a care and spend crazy amounts of money on designer handbags. I've changed a lot since then and just find it unbelievably shallow now. In my 20's I thought it was glamorous but I guess you change as you get older. For a while I'm going to be a stay at home Mum but eventually I want to start my own business.

Bath - Scarlett has a Tummy Tub. My Mum gave me a hard time when I bought one saying it was ridiculous but has had to eat her words as Scarlett absolutely loves it.

Mobile Phone - I'm 35 and I was 22 when I had my first one and it was a Motorola Startac - I thought I was really cool

Sarah K - I'm 35 already - are you calling me a crone :rofl:

Scarlett has got her third set of injections next week on Thursday - I'm dreading it as she has to have 3 injections this time. We went to baby clinic today and those of you who are on my facebook will know that Scarlett has put on 2lb and now weighs 13lb1oz.

I'm going to watch OBEM tomorrow on catch up as some of the comments that have been made on here and facebook suggest it was quite ammusing.

I'm sorry if I have forgotten anything.

:hugs: to all

xx

lbb- i love your new avatar pic such a great smile he has!

im 30 very nearly 31 i had a pager first they were the in thing when i was at college!

mrs j - well done on Scarletts weight gain thats fab

fishy- we dont nap much anymore 20 mins here and there they get crabby and fight it the bouncy chairs arnt magic like they used to be.

im currently waiting for mothercare to respond to a complaint i made my mum wanted to get a baby walker for xmas and i chose mothercares own star walker because it was reasonably priced and didnt want to be cheeky and ask for a more expensive one , well a few days ago amelia was sitting in it and id pushed her up and down a bit when it suddenly collapsed she was slumped forward with her legs bent back she was very shocked and upset but otherwise okay but i was so cross it shouldnt suddenly collapse like that should it? it does certainly feel a little flimsy compared to the walker we have now borrowed from friends but i think ive got a case to complain i want them to take it back even though we dont have the packaging anymore and at least apologise. rant over.

Thanks Mrs j :hugs: BTW I used to work in recruitment for M&S and used to recruit buyers. I always used to think it was such a glam job! The buyers were always laid back, trendy , arty types who always looked fab and wore hats and I used to feel like a scruff in my primark jumpers and new look trousers LOL!!

Genies you DEFINATELY have cause to complain and I would expect a lot more than an apology! It could have really hurt her!! Make sure you stress that, could have broken her leg!!! Poor baby!

James' sleep varies really fishy sometimes 10 mins sometimes an hour!

...thanks gg i would be so so angry about that!! They will apologise but make an excuse reply again saying you have lost all confidence in their product and they will send u a giftcard hehe!!!

wow sarah u go girl!

Genies, you so have a right to complain, the product is unsafe and unfit for purpose. I hope they take it back and give you some compensation, like Louise said it could of broken her leg, poor little girl.

Okay Louise - I've just sent the husband out for choc chips! I haven't baked in ages, so this could be a disaster...
But I can always eat the dough then, can't I? :)

As for the rest of you cheering me on - many thanks! I wanted to give myself a trophy today! :haha: It just felt like I had beat these incredible odds just to get out the door. May I recommend that you mark that post and make yourself read it again if you are deciding to TTC #2? Because that is normal now. If I am not incredibly organised (and often even when I am), that is the chaos that reigns!

And Mrs. J - where's your gnarled old walking stick, you ancient thing! :)

I haven't got any vintage cell phone stories to tell because I avoided having one until 2008 when I got pregnant with Simon and my husband insisted. I got the simplest one I could find and disabled all the internet and texting on it because there are stupid charges for that and I never use those features. Ever.
I find the cell phone fairly handy now, but I really don't use it that often. I find certain types of technology really intrusive and cell phones and the lack of etiquette around them make me kind of crazy. :shrug:

Oops - meant to add:

Genie's - I'd do more than just complain to Mothercare. Have you got a consumer report/safety standards kind of place to go to? That's important data about that product and could help protect other little babies from substandard gear.
Pretty shocking.

F&C JJ seems to be having longer naps recently ranging from 45 minutes to 2 hours. As soon as he yawns we put him in his Moses to see if he will sleep. If he's grizzly and crying we also put him in his Moses as we have realised sometimes he's upset because he's tired. In morning when I have a shower I put him in his swing and when I check on him he's fast asleep.

I'm 32 and my first phone was when I was 19 and it was a morphine with flip keys, it was massive. Bought it when I started to drive myself to university.

Lbb so pleased James temp has finally settled

Sarahka have you got anything nice planned for your birthday ?

We had our bfp on 16 th Jan purely by chance found out didn't even tell DH I was taking a test as I thought it as just my hormones settling.... Also means I have been cigerette free for almost a year !! Can't believe I smoked for so many years and now can't imagine having a ciggie.

Off to bluewater tomorrow to pick up jjs footprints from when he was six weeks I'm really excited... I love my little man so much xx

Sarah you'll have to let me know how they come out!! They may need slightly longer than 10 mins BUT if you wait till they 'look' ready, they won't be chewy in the middle!! I will make some tomorrow i think!!

MrsJ I hate people acting superior also, I struggled like mad with Tabs to feed her there was SO much crying and pain. However I dont believe it gets easier I think it depends on the baby TBH... I have friends who found it easy first time around and then harder the second or third time :wacko:

I forgot on the Jobs well I also have a law degree and doing nothing with it :haha: I wanted to become a family lawyer and work as a childrens reporter (only in Scotland) but now having children I only want to work from home on my own terms :blush:

LOUISEEEEE I made the cookies and they were ammmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzinnnngggggg!!!!

Well, yes, Jelly!
I have a spa pedicure booked on points at the prenatal place I went to for massage. Believe it or not, I have never had a pedicure and this one comes with an aromatherapy leg massage. My huge troll feet will be so happy!
We are debating whether or not to go to Banff for the day. It's so pretty right in the national park and we have all sorts of fun things we could do there - hot springs, etc.
And possibly a fancy dinner out if I can book the sitter.
So lots of treats planned.
Plus this snazzy new computer that I am using right now! I really love this thing and am so grateful to my husband for insisting on it! :cloud9: Oh that man of mine! What a good good fella! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->