September Stars

Emzy- i have my netmums meet on a thurs too, there is 6 of us now 12 weeks to 6 months old babies. Just cleaned the house after they left as they come back here after baby and toddler group.

teenyweeny- do you cook EVERYTHING first? apart from banana's and avocado ?

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I'm definitely having a baby :) FINALLY got my result today and have first midwife appointment next Thursday :) I am soooo happy!!!

Sorry for the selfish rant but could only drop in quickly as got housework to do!!!

Much love

xx

Congrats young mummy. I'm jealous you got your appointment so soon i have to wait till i'm 8 weeks and my appointment is feb 15th!!

My midwife is going to laugh her head off though tarron told her she wouldnt be seeing us again for a while and hear we are 4 months later lol. She wont be surprised because she was the midwife for my SIL too and she had babies 363 days apart too lol

Yay youngmummy congrats hunxxx

Ladyk, Ben is so similar to Jake, Ben is scrummy and always wants love and hugs and his Mummy, but if we are at school she walks with a 'dude strut'
We have to watch his swearing and shouting, but that is all part of ADHD, i am just glad he has not got tourettes or something, it is hard enough as he is, and that's medicated!
I find understanding of kids like Ben is my biggest brick wall i meet with mainly school but in general, I would like to prepare a seminar about understanding their needs and take it to all junior schools.

Really got to go sh wants laptop he is watching something on ebay that finishes soon, will be back later to catch up on everyone and reply!!:hugs::hugs:

Right I am back! He got what he wanted on ebay, that was supposed to be dh on my last post, s is close to the d, I was not being rude!
I got his birthday card today and his valentines, they are 2 days apart, and took the girls to have photo's taken, Rosie for her watch me grow, which is pics taken at 4 months, 8 months, and 12 months and then put in a fold out frame when they are all done, it is really nice to have and i had the other girls done and wanted the same. I took the chance to shove Sophie in the pic with her sister to try and get a pic of them together for Daddy's birthday but that was not so good! Will have to see if we got one pic suitable, without one looking away, pulling a funny face, showing of knickers, etc, not easy!
I must admit to not really finding it very easy to choose cards for him since his inappropriate activities on the internet!! I am getting there, he has not looked since December, which is good, although if i think we are only in January is not so good! He knows if he looks at other women again he is in huge trouble, and so is the relationship, so think he is being good in fear of that.
I got a nice card anyway but i do notice they are not so lovey dovey as thay used to be, just HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUSBAND! :shrug:

I cant remember who said what BUT!

First easy foods, mashed banana mixed with baby rice, or baby porridge, or something like that.
Baby fromage frais, straight from the pot.
Fresh bread sliced into fingers, good first finger food just watch for big chunks being bitten off.
The powdered packet foods are very good to start with, you can make them to any consistency, make as much or as little as you need, and they don't tend to go runny as they cool like tins do.
These are all really easy options that don't involve cooking, but it is pretty easy to add some extra veg to your tea one night, blitz it up and shove it into an ice cube tray, when its frozen pop then out in a bag and keep the bag in the freezer, then you can use the tray again, any fruit or veg can be done and you can just grab a cube or 2 of any mix and warm for a meal, as babies can eat more lumpy food you can still use the puree's you have frozen to add to something else like minced beef or chicken or mini baby pasta shapes.:thumbup:

YoungMummy, oh i am feeling slightly broody! Ahhhhhhhhh! I know i shouldn't and i even told dh i was broody for 1 more, we agreed for now we can't fit any more in the car!:haha: BUT I have at the back of my mind we have a 7 seater, and the older boys are going to drive this year, which leaves a 10,7,3 and 0 year old, and me and dh, which is 6...and we have a 7 seater:happydance: Oh I am :baby: mad!

Rosie can reach the floor in her jumperoo, just with one foot, on tippee toe but can do it now!
She had some rice pudding but it was from a baby tin and went a bit runny so i did her some baby porridge and she had about 2 spoons, actually eating it rather than spitting it right out, and so i may start on a few different tastes once she actually starts to eat it, i always have steamed veg left when i cook tea, i cook for a football team, I think i came from a very large family in a previous life! :haha:

Laura, big :hugs:, sorry your having a bad day, hope things get better xx

Right i am off now,

Oh one last thing! went to sainsburys and got Rosie the 3-6 month grows, they are huge on her, but the 0-3 is getting tight on the feet, they are cute, they are spotty and one says i am dotty about daddy! Got her a pack of long sleeved vests, 2 packs of 3 grows, 2 tops and 2 leggings, that should last a bit and going to primark tomorrow to get a warm grow and hopefully a sleep bag and big sleepsuit for Sophie, I got her one at christmas and it stops her taking her pull up off at night as its an all in one.

:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs:

Lady K- I do cook everything first including the apple and pear, apart from the banana and avocado as you said! It takes a while but makes quite a lot so when its done it gets through a few weeks. I like it as I know where it has come from IYKWIM.
YoungMummy- Huge congratulations. xx

YM :yipee: congratulations...so exited for you and Boony OMG how jeaous i'm going to be when your :baby: are born

Only problem I found with Jars was that as soon as I started down that route Tabs wouldnt take anything I made her? :hissy:

BTP I just put socks on top of the sleepsuits if they are a bit too big?

I really want to start weaning Rosalie but she's not that hungry and also I'm kinda loving the idea of BLW as I dont have to mush anything up :rofl:

Thanks for the tips we had mushed banana with a splash of baby milk for tea and went well . My highchair arrived today Amelia fits great Layla is still a bit small but I don't know where all this equipment is going to go we have a lounge diner so there no escape from it all !

Congtatlations young mummy x

i think im going to look into getting a blender or a mini hand blender, and icecube trays.. i am using baby rice powder and jars but im having to throw out the jars more than half full its such a waste and think it could be fun cooking and making them. I used to buy the cheap tins of things like beans, carrots,peas ect (at the time they were 13p each) and mix them up in a blender but this has opened my eyes up to other things... better get her off the jars quick if she decides to refuse my cooking (most do..lol)

Hi ladies! Going to be quick as my mum is on her way down to me, should be here any minute! I'm having the boys again this weekend (!) so i asked her to look after Lilia while I pick them up and take them back sunday, as it's a 5 hour round trip (without too much traffic!) and it's a bit much for her really! So bless her, she's driving 3 hours to me to babysit!

Lilia is a naughty girl. She has learnt to pull the plug out on the baby bath! I hadn't even realised what it was she was doing until I saw the water creeping over the carpet! And then I couldn't get it back in! Naughty girl! My living room is like a swamp! Oh well, it smells like bedtime bath in here hee hee!

I tried Lilia on some pureed banana mixed with her milk... she wasn't particularly impressed! i think I went on to it too soon, she absolutely loves the porridge! Thing is, she screams and cries as soon as it is gone! I thought it was supposed to just be getting used to tastes and textures at this point.... not for Lilia it seems! She wants meals and she wants them now!!

is it normal for them to spit most of it out ? its not that she doesnt like it as he gets excited when the spoon comes near her but she pushes her tounge out and it all comes out. Feeding time is very messy

She'll get used to how to push it to the back of her mouth.... it will all suddenly click into place for her! Lilia does it fine with the porridge but was pushing the banana out, so could have been cos she didn't like it?!

Hiya ladies!

First off, congrats young mummy!!! :cloud9: (and Boony too!)

I love this time when they're trying different foods. I did apple and swede, and Sam quite likes it. It tastes like something you would put with meat, it's all tarty and sweet. I gave it to him with baby rice today and he loved it. Tomorrow he's on broccoli and potato, so we'll see how he goes with that.

Jars/food wise.... I did all my own stuff for Archie, but used far more jars with Jack. They both did fine, but I want to do as much of my own as I can this time. I have used a couple of Ella's kitchen pouches, as they're fab. I think you just do what suits! And as long as the little one's enjoying it, and it's working, brilliant!

I'm knackered tonight!! Went for my swim when Archie was having his swim lesson, it was really hard work. There were loads of people in the pool, and it was really choppy, swallowed about a pint of water I think. Did my mile though, so feel so much better for that. Busy day again tomorrow. Archie's got an assembly in the morning, and he's doing a reading, so MIL's coming round to sit with Jack and Sam, as the mouse-man's supposed to be coming to check on the bait he laid. In the afternoon the dogs need walking, then it's swim time again! Then the big boys are sleeping over at Nana's, so it'll be weird just me, DH and Sam! :kiss:

Im going to do the ice cube way with weaning and agree about the packet mixes so much ore economical than jars/tins at the mo!

Congrats youngmummy! x

Louise what a little tinker lilia has been hehe x

Asher that will be lovely!! x

Well i took James to be weighed today and his weight was the same as it was 2 weeks ago :( but at least he hadnt lost weight i suppose! hv said not to worry but could i tak him again next week if he has lost or remains the same she wants the gp to see him! :( xx

Evening ladies!!!

YM, congrats!!!!

LBB, so pleased little man is all good x

Claire, I really want to get back into swimming, we keep meaning to take Hope, maybe we can take her one Friday afternoon when Ian finishes early and also need to get a new cossie!!

Louise, what a little monkey!!!

Hope slept 12 hours solid last night, I have started giving her porridge inbetween her last 2 bottles of the day, she loves it, also give her some mid morning! She has a snotty nose from teething, luckily my sister found 2 boxes of ashton and parsons and they have another 12 months date on them!! They work wonders!
I lost another 3lbs at fat club tonight, so I have lost a stone in 3 weeks. Really pleased, must be all my walking!! I am now under my pre preg weight!!
Well I had total meltdown today with the operations director from the maintainance company that service our quaters, I let rip and told her how I felt, we have written a formal letter to Whitehall now and I am writing to my MP. I told her that I have PND and this situation has made it alot worse for me, I got so angry!!!!! Felt better for it!! I won't bore you with the details because I am so sick of it all, its given me headaches and sleepless nights.

omg well done on the weight loss hunni!!! :) oh becs some people are such t**ts aren't they!!! just keep smiling hun :) :hugs: xx

just a lil pc of James yesterday in his playstation :) x ...

bnb.jpg

LBB, he is such a cutie!!!! I actually recorded Hope belly laughing the other day!! Very cute!!

Young mummy Congrats !!

Louise naughty lillia finding the plug :)

Becs your maintenance team or should I say non maintenance sound a nightmare, you give them what for !

Lady k personally I'm going to use a handheld blender that looks like a wand. I was given a expensive steamer/blender but have found my handheld that I practised on at the weekend was far better and easier. The only thing need to buy now is a couple if silicone ice cube trays. I bought some pots on Internet but now they have arrived they look far too big for first foods. I haven't tried JJ yet on anything though ..... I'm nervous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->