September Stars

another question, what bath support do you use, i have a summer one
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31JvEX3HztL._SX315_SY375_.jpg

but she cant splash her legs unless i dangle her off to one side...

Lady k I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago as JJ had a week of hating the bath. I've used just a small baby bath which u found awkward. I have also used a towel support looks like a towel ramp from Mothercare which I hated as the metal bar stuck out at the bottom and pressed against JJ. The last thing I've tried is a plastic holder from m/c that JJ sits in has two suckers at the bottom and looks really uncomfortable however JJ loves it I don't need to hold him he has his arms stuck out at the sides to splash and then is also able to kick too. Be warned you will get wet lol ! The plastic seat thing lasts upto six months . I then plan to buy what GG has which is like a bath mat with a seat attached they are about thirty pound, but I think once JJ can hold himself better he will love using it.

James hates a bath and gets into a right state like you can never imagine! Any ideas? Jelly did you see my reply about talc for jjs neck? X

I had problems with bathing my daughter from day one. Tried a plastic bath support and everything. What I did in the end was go in the bath with her and she was fine. Took her to baby swimming class and she's now much better although she hates water near her eyes so bought a jug that shields face if I don't do this she screams blue murder!!!

Hope this helps.

James hates a bath and gets into a right state like you can never imagine! Any ideas? Jelly did you see my reply about talc for jjs neck? X

Thanks Lbb tried it yesterday but it's too soon to know if it's helped. Put sudocream on his dry patches at night and talc in day. He wasn't as sick yesterday which all helps too xxx

Just a quick note on weaning ..LadyK- if you decant the jar food into a container you can refrigerate the other half for up to 48hrs depending on the brand and use it the next day. It makes for less wastage.

Riley has a bath that sits on top of the big bath but he is getting too big now. It might well be time to put him in the big bath!

Well, I have a terrible toothache and I am on antibiotics...:cry:. It is my wisdom tooth at the back so I am back on tuesday to see if the dentist wants to extract it. It hurts SOOO much.

Must run, car to MOT and out with my sister. CAtch up later. xx

:( Teeny, I have double sets of wisdom teeth and I'm meant to be getting them out but I'm really scared so I keep ignoring the hospital letter :blush: Hope the pain stops soon hon.

Yea totally agree with Blondie, take a bath together and lots of cuddles...I've been lucky both of mine LOVE water I cant even take a shower on my own as Tabs comes in (she has a shower with Robin, then me, then bath at night ha ha)

Rosalie kept pushing her food back out but enjoying the taste? I just kinda left it as I figured she wasnt ready :shrug:

Oh owch teeny, get it out, they are so painful:hugs:

Rosie also hates the bath, the only one she has enjoyed was warm and quite deep and i held her really securely so she could feel me, I was almost next to her! She did love it and started to splash, I have never used a bath support, just a baby bath in the lounge til it got to splashy then put it in the bath then eventually put baby in the big bath.
If it's all to much for baby then how about the kitchen sink? It is nice and high for you, smaller and more enclosed and secure feeling for them, you can use the drainer to put a towel on ready to come out, I have bathed a few of them in the sink!
January 2011 camera 026.jpg
Rosie finally enjoying a bath! Mummy nearly in there with her!

They have to learn to eat as the mechanism in their mouths that swallow milk is totally different with solids, so this is why food gets pushed to the front and out! They will get used to it if you keep just introducing small amounts daily, if they really like it then I really wouldn't worry about preparing a little more for them to enjoy, it is a fun new thing!
Atm i am still trying small amounts and Rosie is still spitting and pulling 'me no like' faces so I am just plugging at it because i feel she needs more than milk because i am up more than i was b4, if she had always been up lots i would not have thought any different but she used to sleep 4-5 hours easily, she will just do 2-3 tops now.

We are off out today, meeting a friend for a coffee and a quick bit of shopping!

Back later, Have a great day all, wrap up its cold out there!
:hugs:
BTPxx

Yea Rosalie is so different she likes to lie in the big bath with no support on her own :dohh: she flips over also in the water...only think is she tends to drink in water but she gets SO frustrated sitting in a chair :wacko:

Yea Rosalie seems to enjoy the taste but not want to eat any mush but she'll chew and swallow toast? I think I have a backwards baby

On the bath front Hope goes in the big bath and has done since birth, she loves it!! We use one of these but also have a bath seat now she is sitting better!!
https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42855041&mcb=core
Another fab nights sleep, 8.30 till 7.30!!! The porridge in the evenings is obviously what she needs!!!
TFIF!! Whats everyone doing this weekend?

We have one of these and she splashes her arms and legs around everywhere! She loves her baths:

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42855041&mcb=core

Night 4 of Holly in her own room and she slept 9pm til 7.45 again, so a good night here! I'm sleeping so much better too! Yesterday Matt did up the bedroom for a surprise, got new duvet covers, curtains, lampshade, bolster cushions, a painting for the wall and a rocking chair! I love it! The room was looking a bit shabby and was being overtaken by baby stuff and clothes, but now it looks lovely :) He's so sweet x

So jealous that Holly sleeps so well :haha: also OMG how sweet is he :cloud9:

Emzy that's what we use too, James loves splashing in it !

Well eating my banana this morning JJ seemed interested so mushed up abit and gave him some in his bouncer..... How on earth do mums feed LO in their bouncer as JJ was so excited he just kept bouncing up and down struggled not to put the spoon up his nose. Think I'll use the bumbo if he's interested again.

Reuben hated his baby bath so I ust fill the big bath up a could of inches and lie him on his back and he loves to just kick and splash around by himself.

On weaning, I don't really have a clue! I'm constantly doubting myself about it. I usually just give him blitsed banana or yoghurt or veg i had no clue you should mix it with baby rice? Reuben loves his food he hardly spits any out. I'm just struggling with when should I feed him, how many times...one person said it shouldn't replace any milk another said the hv said hopefully their baby will drop its last bottle soon?!? I'm sooo confused! :(

Rosie likes a whole rusk to chew, she doesn't really hold it very well but certainly likes it more than anything else I have tried, but Mummy hold it!:thumbup:

Layla won't stop screaming! I so hope it's teeth otherwise I haven't a clue luckily Amelia is in the walker playing

Cafferine I think to begin with the food isnt meant to replace food, but once they are on 3 meals a day, usually at 6 months or so, they usually drop a bottle. Holly is taking less on her 5th and last bottle of the day as I give her more food, so I'm sure shell drop that bottle all together when on 3 regular meals. At the mo she is on 2 x

dsorry meant to say food isn't meant to replace milk to begin with.

oh and dear lord, the nappies after some of this food!!

genies James has been screaming too... He woke at 1am and screamed and screamed and i am just so tired i cried too! :cry: then he has had another screaming fit before and i fed him standing up rocking he then trumped and filled him nappy and was ok then! I keep wondering if he has Colic then i think is he constipated?! X

bath situation...iv tried bath in his room, bath in the living room, kitchen sink, bath with me! As soon as his clothes come off he kicks off! I tend now to strip him and have a jug of water and a flannel and wash him like that! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->