September Stars

LBB, poor James, I don't know what to suggest really!!! You seem to have tried everything, some babies just like baths and I guess others don't!!

Hope is having 1-2 bowls of porridge a day, I give her one bewteen her last 2 bottles in the evening as this seems to be helping her sleep through, she is deffo ready for it!!!

i know Becs i really dont know what else to try, not tried a seat but when i take him in with me i pop him in his chair next to the bath while i get in and he screams lol...teenage boy tendencies already Haha! Although Chris is totally the opposite of that he almost lives in the shower! X

i have started a thread in general chatter of where is a good place to go on holiday when James is one please help x

Lbb have you tried James in the shower? Hollys been in with us and loves it x

:hi: you chatty lot

Not much to report here - my MIL is staying with us so I haven't had chance to get on the computer.

Hope everyone is well?

On the weaning front I have read Contented Baby Weaning, Annabel Karmel and BLW and they all say completely different things regarding when to introduce etc. I'm inclined to go with AK given that she is the bestselling author on the topic in the world but there are still bits I don't like. Scarlett is only having tastes at the mo at lunch time and to be honest I quite like the idea of trying to get as close to 6 months as possible purely because then I can do a bit of a hybrid approach between AK & BLW. Like Blob, I like the idea of BLW and just giving her chunks of food to try. I guess there just isn't one "right" way of doing it. I have found with Scarlett that it works best if she has a good fill of boob before having some food. Sometimes she takes more boob after, I'm conscious that up until 6 months Milk should still be her main food.

x

The AK books are good, we are doing a mix of both!! I think weening is just common sense really, you know when your baby is ready!!

Been out for 2 nice walks today with Murphy, I can't believe how cold it is out there!!!

LBB - There must be something in the air today as JJ has been unsettled all afternoon screaming after his bottle etc. He felt warm and had his fist half way down his throat. Thankfully hes now fast sleep in his moses basket. I know I should wake him as its nearly six o'clock but hes completely shattered now so im going to give him his last bottle later in the evening than normal. Hope your James feels better soon xx

Regarding bathing have you tried just taking his trousers off and having a little kick around in the bath/sink to see if he gets used to it (ie just dip his legs in). With his vest and t-shirt on he might start to like the splashing of the legs? Maybe hold him sitting against the side of the sink. Just a thought dont know if it would work or not.

Lbb hope James is resting his voice now?

Emzy I know the poos now are very interesting :)

Becs your weightloss is inspiring , I need to get my fat arse moving!

As jelly said I'm about to start using our aquapod duo bath mat that has seats attached from mothercare my friend has the single one and its great !

I'm meant to be organising a party tomorrow I need to find some time!
I'm trying to think of party games

Lbb maybe he just is going to be like that? Why dont you just top and tail him only like wash his feet and legs but with a top on etc? If its the clothes that he doesnt like coming off then make it fun like that like blowing rasberries and tickling his toes etc??

As for a holiday, we took Tabs to Turkey and I have to say that we didnt really enjoy it? It was stressful what to take then the flight etc etc etc... This time we're planning on either driving to a villa in France or Just going right down south and going to somewhere thats really child friendly?

yes genies he is quite happy now :) hope ur little tinker is ok now! x

blob you may be right...i had thought about bathing him in his vest to see if it made a difference but then thought he may get really cold once he comes out?? i do the whole kaboodle; singing dancing standing on my head etc lol x

personally id go somewhere in this country but Chris wants to go abroad x

Evening ladies! :hi:

Yey young mummy! :happydance: Congratulations!

Good luck on the interview Emzy... you must have a shot otherwise they wouldn't have given you one!

As for Izzy, she's just getting into the 6-9 clothes... they're still a bit big, but 3-6 now are getting too small :( she's 5 months tomorrow - growing up too quick. She was weighed thursday and she's 16lb 2oz at 21 weeks, and bigger than average height wise. She's all in proportion tho.

Today I've given her 3 'meals'.. but I say that loosely cos she doesn't have much. I've found that she too isn't as bothered about her milk, and wants food - if I don't give her some before I eat my meals, she cries and reaches out for my plate. Today she's had yogurt and fruit (the dry packet stuff like baby rice) for 'breakfast' - it's her favourite - then 1/2 an apple and pear jar for lunch, and 1/2 a chicken and rice bake jar for tea. She didn't eat all of the 1/2 jars, but she LOVES the breakfast and gobbled it up. I keep meaning to make her more stuff fresh, but i've been pretty busy this week, and so we've been kinda living off stuff that I can't really blend for her - chips, pasta bakes, spag bol, curry. I'm gonna make some tomorrow though cos she loved the carrot and cauli I made for her last weekend.

We've booked our honeymoon in Cyprus for 11 days on 29th june... I hope it's not too hot for Izzy as we're taking kids with us. That said, we have thought of that and booked a great family friendly hotel with an indoor air-conditioned pool - great for if the heat gets too much. I'm dreading packing for her because of the food/nappies etc. She won't know what's going off when I have to put her in disposables!

I've forgotten a lot of what I was going to say... :blush:

Hope you all have a fab weekend :kiss:

Lbb Layla is calming after cuddles and Calpol her gums are White so it must be teeth?

Optical our honeymoon was in Cyprus we loved it !

Ooh yes i bet it is teeth...its awful Ashton & Parsons powders r good but like gold dust at the moment! x

Evening ladies, wow you've all been chatty today, I had to catch up on three pages!!

LBB I feel for you with James and the bath-hating situation! We usually think of a bath as a relaxing fun thing, and it's hard when it's not like that. Jack was a bath hater, and just eventually grew out of it. Now it's hard to get him out of the bloomin thing. Poor James, and then with tummy ache too! Big hugs to you and James. xx

GG, poor Layla! Am glad Amelia was being good for you. How's DH's hand?

Optical, sounds as though Izzy's doing fab with her food!! They do seem to reach that point, don't they, where they are getting bored of milk? A honeymoon in Cyprus sounds gorgeous, something to really look forward to! Your wedding's really going to come round quickly now isn't it? Not long at all, are you getting excited?

LBB, meant to say, we went to Tenerife when Archie was almost 2. It was hard as he was teething really really badly, and he huge issues with constipation at the time. We did enjoy the holiday, but he hated the heat, and we found that we couldn't really do anything at night as he was hot and fed up. Then on the way home, we had a 12 hour delay!!! So instead of landing at 6pm, we landed at 6.15am the following morning! We've stayed in this country since! Actually, we are now a Haven Holidays family, we go to different sites, but the kids love the characters and they're all kitted up for families. We go in private caravans though, so we know what we're going to be staying in before we get there and don't get any nasty surprises! We've been going since Jack was 14 months, and it works well for us.

Sam's been a good lad today. He's teething the poor lad. He's drooling everywhere, and has red cheeks, bless him. Still smiling though! He tried potato and broccoli for lunch, and threw the lot up! Thank goodness he loves petit filous, so that filled him up! He's also fed really well from the boob today, which is lovely. The two big boys are staying out at the in laws tonight, and I'm really missing them! Ah well, will be nice to see them tomorrow.

How many little ones are now in their own rooms? I'm thinking that Sam's getting a bit tight in the swinging crib, but I'd really like to keep him in with us for a wee bit longer. The only thing that bothers me about him being in with us is that sometimes he wakes up in the night for no good reason, he's not hungry, just moans for a bit, and I wonder if him being able to touch the sides of the crib contributes to him being awake for longer?

Asher we av been to every butlins and quite a few havens we love them because everything is in one place and its a fun family environment no trouble from rowdy drunks lol x

Very true LBB. The kids love it! Our next one is in Tenby, in May! Can't wait! x

I have to say I was a total 'no way am I going to centre perks etc' person but now I have SO changed my mind... I would say though go to france or something, dont fly too far its so stressful having them on the plane and then if you're in a hotel stressing as to whether they wake up the people next to you in the night :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->