September Stars

We are going to hire a cottage somewhere so we can take Murphy and just do some walking etc, probably only go about 2-3 hours away from home!!

i have been on holiday three times with Jake and hated it, we went to Spain twice and camping once. When we went to Spain i ended up trying to book flight home early.. I didnt have relaxing times, as there was no computers or sky tv he was a nightmare and i ended up in tears every day.. so we now go away on our own (until Paige came of course) but if she is anything like Jake we will not be taking her away either unless the doctor can give me medication ...lol

If we did take her away it will not be until she is a bit older, imagine stuck on a flight of any length with a screaming baby !!! my dad said they took me away when i was 9 months, i just screamed and my dad ended up walking up and down the plane throughout the entire journey while my mum was pulling her out and was in tears over it. Its very hard to calm a baby if you dont have everything to hand like you do at home. But some of you have wonderful non screaming babies which means the only problem you will have is taking everything away with you, just going to my mums for the evening on new years we filled the car up with stuff for her. I would also make use of the fact you dont have to go during school holiday times. You also have to take the weather into consideration, too hot and it could cause major problems, no more sitting by the pool sun bathing for hours on end, or going down to the beach and midday, no late night meals or getting drunk and getting lost while dying for a wee and almost peeing your pants... ok this might just be me that happens too...:winkwink:

God i sound like a right moody cow but my experience of going on holiday with kids is not a good one and Grants so excited about taking Paige to our villa in Spain but i showed him a list of everything we need to take and i think it was a huge shock to him, i also explained that we wont be able to go during the hotter months.... think he now knows the reality of holidays with kids... even yesterday we were saying how we cant even go for our thurs lunch at tobys any more because she cries all the time and hard to settle.

We are going to hire a cottage somewhere so we can take Murphy and just do some walking etc, probably only go about 2-3 hours away from home!!

this is exactly what we are thinking of doing... :thumbup:

genies you just pour the powder onto the tongue and it dissolves - James pulls the funniest face thou lol x

to be honest we rnt the sunbathing type i dont like the sun too much lol we prefer to walk around and see the sights! I know what you mean about having nothing to hand on the plane its bad enough when i pop out for the day! x

Kara I'm totally the same.... I even have Tabs who LOVES to play in the pool and will play outside with a stone for hours and holiday was HELL!! The flight was awful a stupid b***h in front of me kept trying to put her seat back and URGH! Then it was if she woke in the night it was such a nightmare... you get so sleepy on holiday relaxing and you cant even relax. I will NOT go away again until the girls are muuuuuch older (like send them to kids club older :haha:)

Thats what we plan on doing going down south (drive through the night) go somewhere very child friendly, with pools and zoo etc near and have a fun time playing. Totally dont go away to relax or see things it just ends up being a mess. (though not everyone finds this :shrug:)

Kara I'm totally the same.... I even have Tabs who LOVES to play in the pool and will play outside with a stone for hours and holiday was HELL!! The flight was awful a stupid b***h in front of me kept trying to put her seat back and URGH! Then it was if she woke in the night it was such a nightmare... you get so sleepy on holiday relaxing and you cant even relax. I will NOT go away again until the girls are muuuuuch older (like send them to kids club older :haha:)

Thats what we plan on doing going down south (drive through the night) go somewhere very child friendly, with pools and zoo etc near and have a fun time playing. Totally dont go away to relax or see things it just ends up being a mess. (though not everyone finds this :shrug:)

thank god its not just me, lol My kind of a holiday is relaxing something you cant do with kids unless as you said you can send them to a kids club, thats if you have a confident child who will go without you, and thats if you trust them on their own with strangers !!! we plan to have two holidays, one just for the kids so they can do kids stuff while we pull our hair out..then a week just me and grant at the villa. We have talked about going to villa with my parents as that way we have a baby sitter and we can have some nights out but its hard work for my parents too and i feel awful that they are not getting their relaxing holiday...

Layla wasn't as bad as expected I think she had tired herself out so she slept 11 until 4 and is just storing again soon.

Lbb I found some powders in the cupboard I thought it sounded familiar something I'd Been given and put away , I dreamt that they both woke up with lots of teeth wishful thinking eh :)

I accept we won't be going on a plane for a long time we had a fab holiday in Bulgaria in 2009 and really made the most , we are hoping to go on holiday to Wales in a log cabin with hot tub going to be a bit different from last time though we go with friends but this time we taking 3 babies

Going away with plans of entertaining them is a great holiday...but just dont think you'll get to eat anywhere or sit anywhere or see anything :rofl: So long as you think you need to go somewhere with baby toddler friendly activities then you will be more stressed :dohh:

Kara I will throw Tabs in and run away :rofl: Nah not really but I think she would love it she pretty much will adopt a new mum if someone reads her a book :nope:

Aaaah Louise that would be SO much fun :rofl:

We went to Gran Canaria with my sister and family a few years back, my nephew was about 3, I was flippin knackered when we got home!!! Its tiring entertaining them on the plane!!
We have started to save to take Hope to Disney in Florida when she is older, we thought if we saved now then it wouldn't matter how much it cost etc we would have money to enjoy it and not worry!!! We are hoping to go when she is about 6!

Another good night here, Hope goes down at around 9 and wakes around 7.30, its fab!! Means we can get out in the mornings and have a nice full day!!! She still has stinking cold from teething, those powders are fab, my sister gave me 2 boxes she had!!

Want to get Hope's room sorted, her furniture is currently in the smaller room so we want to swap it into the bigger room and then the smaller room then becomes the guest room, luckily we can still get a double bed in the smallest room!! Then its garage sort out, my garden desperately needs a sort too but that can wait for nicer weather, we have a perfect spot at the bottom for growing some veggies, so my Dad is going to fence it off for us so Murphy can't get in!!

Asher- Ollie has been in his own room for 3 weeks now and is doing brilliantly sleeping 8 till 8.

We are going to Paphos in Cyprus in September and taking Ollie my partners Mam is paying and coming with us with her partner and my partners 2 brothers and their kids and partners are going to so will be good I hope and also MIL has said she will look after the kids a couple of nights so we can go out which is nice of her.

Ollie is 5months today cant believe how fast time has gone. 5months ago today I was in for a very long 25hr labour but wouldnt change it for the world

I just read that babies which push food out are not ready, all babies are born with this reflex to push anything out which goes in their mouth, they lose this when they are ready to wean... makes a lot of sense i was wondering how i was going to cope with such a messy baby... thank god its not going to last... but she loves tasting the foods so will let her play with the foods while im cooking..

how long can i leave ice cubes of food in the freezer for ?

first bean, happy 5 months Ollie

butlins is a great idea !! failing that how about september stars takes over Jamaica !!!

Ice cubes last a month if i remember correctly! Jamaica...nah dont fancy that...but OZ now ya talking :haha:

We go to Cornwall every year to the Haven site, stay in a static caravan, we go to local places like flambards theme park, i use tesco vouchers for there, the kids love the pool at the site, they have limited amount of 2p's for the arcade, we go to the beach, go carts, swimming, and NEVER leave home without Ben's medication!
It is quite a long drive for us with the kids, but people come from much further than us! It is one of those holidays you can do with babies, little ones and teenagers, and no passports etc, just rely on the Great British Weather!! But tbh we have not been let down by it...yet!

Rosie spits her food less, she will take a few spoons quite happily now.:thumbup:

Went to take mil to see family today, and we went to a local Waitrose, This barmy woman said i pushed in front of her in the q, I didn't even see her, mad :mamafy: i was surprised i didn't go mad at her, tbh that would be my usual reaction, and if i had been pushing it i would have shoved her out the way with the pram! I think i was just a bit unprepared for her, basically i was just about to put my stuff down and she shoved hers there saying i had pushed in, but we had the last laugh because her french sticks broke into pieces as she shoved them in bags and she dropped her money everywhere, less haste love!:haha:

Time to go grissly baby needs me, she has missed my attention today!:hugs:

I absolutely hate flying ..... Cruise anyone ?

Ice cube trays .... Are people using silicone ones or normal plastic ? I don't want to spend a fortune on Trays if they don't get used for long ?

i get sea and air sick..lol

my mum has given me some rubber ones from Ikea.... i made some today and froze them.. going to pop them out tomorrow..

Hi got to be quick! mum is here and boys currently dancing away to the kinect, about to be bedtime!

Had looooong lovely chat with wayne today, 40 minutes!!! It was amazing :cloud9: He spoke to both boys too, Alex cried a little bit again and kept asking if he was in danger :( bless him. Anyway, it seems he's been given a posting order today saying he's off to Maidstone when he gets back!! So, I will be completely unable to go back to work unless i go back this term... and am not ready so we will have to grit our teeth and hope they don't ask for too much money back! I will write to county and explain that it's out of my hands and lay it on thick about afghan etc and hope they let me off!! I'm happy cos we'll be nearer the boys, but sad because I love it here so much!!

Oh, and big things happened today!! Lilia was in her baby walker thing (with cushion under her feet!) and she raised both arms to me to be lifted out!!! It's the first time she has done that!! Sooooooooo cute and made me melt! Sorry for selfish post :)

Louise great that you managed to have a long chat with Wayne. The boys will love it you moving nearer to them. And you already know your first person in Maidstone !

James' whole face today looks sore. His neck has cleared alot with sudocream and talc, but his face now looks red and sore in places, I've been using oilatum junior but think I may need to take a trip to the docs with him as it almost resembles eczema. It's on his forehead, right cheek and inbetween his eyebrows.

DH has looked after JJ all day as I've been studying to go back to college on Tuesday. I'm dreading this week I have to leave him for two days one of which is with the in laws ( Im going to miss him spooooo much ) . I'm already looking forward to coming home in the evenings and seeing him. At least it's only for nine days then I can have him all to myself again :)

louise- great news on the move, whats the money you need to pay back ? im sure if you explain it will be fine... what a amazing moment, i think one of the most things mums look forward to is when they show they want a cuddle... x

Jelly- Bet it will be the longest 9 days !!! im going back the 3rd of April and im already crying over it. The people i work with make it harder for me as they were not very nice and as im the part timer they gel really well with each other but kind of see me as spare part and boy do they make me feel it. Hope his skin clears up, Paige had a really bad rash on her chest and back, turns out it was johnsons !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->