September Stars

My friends twins were a fab weight, 6lb 2oz and 6lb 6oz!!!
:shock: Oh My!! Congratulations to her!

Just popping in before i go and see my friends baby, I am so exited! Just me and my 8yr old and Rosie, leaving anyone poorly at home :happydance:

Jelly, Don't read too much into the mock, you will be fine, I know what you mean though, I so wanted the last paper out of the way so i could just graduate, as it was I failed the paper by 2% and had to wait a year to re submit a new piece which scraped a pass, and that has been it, I have kept well away from study since, I hear the odd thing which makes me think I would love to do it again then i am reminded of assignments and that feeling soon goes! xx:hugs:

F&C, Well done Harry and Daddy!:hugs: We are up every hour at the moment, not sure why, I am blaming myself though thinking my milk is not great as i am loosing weight, the one night she slept 7 and a half hours was the night after i had fish and chips for tea, there must have been some fat in my milk, I feel she must be on skimmed atm, I really don't want her on bottles, so i am trying to lighten up on the diet but that is really hard as i really don't like being too big to fit my usual clothes!:wacko:

Anyway time to go, hope everyone has a lovely day, off to post my vouchers for my tesco clubcard hotel break, We have done a few and although it eats up the tokens it is very nice to get a few nights away and breakfast in a hotel!
Back soon, xx:hugs:

BTP, I didn't think your milk could be affected by your diet? How old is Rosie now? Don't suppose she could be ready for weaning? Every hour is crazy, you must be knackered! :hugs:

Enjoy the baby cuddles! X

BTP, I didn't think your milk could be affected by your diet? How old is Rosie now? Don't suppose she could be ready for weaning? Every hour is crazy, you must be knackered! :hugs:

Enjoy the baby cuddles! X

She is totally uninterested in food other than boob, i have to put her to it during the day as she doesn't demand it, yet at night she is up!
She isn't showing one sign of teething.
She still screws her face up at tastes, i have tried some before bedtime but that just seemed to give her tummy ache and make it worse then as she wouldn't even settle!
She shudders at most things, heinz baby banana delight was the only thing she liked!
She is not bothered at our food or at us eating, and can't quite hold rusks to eat!
I think as she has always been so good at night i will have to put it down as a phase and hope it goes soon!

Baby cuddles were lovely, he is scrummy, masses of hair and making little newborn noises!:D

We have another tooth through, its an eye tooth, no wonder she has been so grizzly, poor little dot!

Had a lovely day, Ian laid the flooring in the hallway, looks really nice, just got to put the beading round! Took Murphy for a 6 mile walk then took Hope shopping!!

Just waiting for tea to cook! I am hungry!

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, just popping in to say :hi:

No time to catch up... :blush: OH is off work for half term, so I'm not on the net at all really. Also, my crb came back, so if they need me I could be starting supply next monday! I won't know till the day though, as i'm doing day-to-day cover at the moment. Pres and cons - I could end up getting ready for half 7 every morning for nothing, but at least I'll be early for the school run!

Hope you're all doin' good, and your little bubbas are all behaving!

:hugs:

Great weights on the babies :wohoo: Awww so many babies been born i'm getting jealous again...we can just build a bit onto the house right :haha:

I can read all of the posts right now as am having a pretty shitty day and now I have a nasty headache :dohh:

Hope you're all doing ok :hugs: :hugs:

Louise so happy for you 2 weeks is NO time at all :wohoo: :wohoo:

Jelly we do chickens etc the rest of the year, but we do such high quality chickens that its so hard to sell them as people cant afford them and we spend so much money on them we cant sell them for less :wacko: so right now we're having to kill more, sell for less and buy not so good chicks in? Then also trying to work out if we're ever going to make enough to justify Robin working 24/7 and never any holidays :nope:

BTP she's still young though tons of babies dont even try to wean until they are like 7 months :shrug: is she always hungry or just sucking?? Rosalie is waking 12, 3, 6 (or around then) and she's eating more solids than Tabs :rofl:

Becs you are a NUTTER!!! I cannot believe you walk so far...

I miss my doggy :cry: and also my sister :cry:

Also was going to ask in here, with NO judgement what are you doing about discipline??

I dont plan on smacking mine, but then I'm not against it?? Like Tabs would just ignore smacks so I wouldnt even bother I like the idea of getting to behave by other means.. :lol: she's a cheeky little sod.

Was just asking as I keep seeing people smaking their children for the smallest things at the swimming pool. Its in a bit of a rough area but it just makes me wonder :shrug:

Becs those twin weights are fab ! I love a good walk but your walks are long lots of lovely fresh air ! Floor looks good too x

Btp glad you enjoyed the baby cuddles :)

Blob I'm sorry your having a bad day hugs to you x

In answer to your question about discipline I don't plan to smack mine , Id prefer to have a time out area or marbles in a jar policy but having never had to do discipline with my own children before ( have done lots of different approaches at work ) I'll have to see what works with them

Blob, yes I am nutter but sometimes it pays to be!!!!

Genies, yes they are fab weights, my friend put some pics on fb and they are gorgeous!!!

The great smacking debate!! Me and my sister were smacked and tbh it hasn't done me any harm, we were always given 3 warnings then it was a smack, not all the time tho, depended on what we were doing and whether it was dangerous!
I am qualified nursery nurse and have worked in a few full time daycare and tbh all kids are different and they all need different approaches, I think if you start early enough with time out etc there should be no need for smacking but sometimes in some cases a smack works wonders! My sister smacked my nephew but hasn't my niece and my nephew was far better behaved than my niece is!!
Its up to you as a parent and I don't think anyone has the right to judge someone on their parenting skills. I am also a firm believer that spoilt children are not nice children and become very demanding!!
Sorry rambling now!!!

Blob - big hugs, your really having a tough time. Sorry about your sister and assume no news on your dog? Do you think it's been taken ? Food retail is a really tough Market at the moment, especially if you supply to one of the top four supermarkets. Maybe the cheaper chickens is a good choice for next couple of years settle. I work for a well know cheese company and our margins are always getting squeezed by supermarket and cost of milk etc increasing as there are now less farmers. Hope tomorrows a brighter day xx

With discipline I haven't thought about it much, but I see my nieces and nephews who are spoken to like adults (if that makes sense). Things are explained clearly with a form of reward system . I Was never slapped and I was bought up to understand right from wrong even if I was abit of a handful when I was younger.

Blob, my Mum owns her own business and last year she was keeping it afloat with my parents savings, my Uncle is also a joint partner and he was also using his savings, it was a tough time but they are fine now! They own a fruit and veg shop and they have noticed that people are not buying the more exotic things just the basics.

I don't disagree with smacking and I don't disagree with shouting but the way I see it is if you shout or smack a lot and easily then your child will get used to it and it won't no longer be a threat and then you have no where to go to, if that makes sense? But it's easy for me to say how I would like to discipline but how I will might be completely different, I'll probably be pulling my hair out!

Also was going to ask in here, with NO judgement what are you doing about discipline??

I dont plan on smacking mine, but then I'm not against it?? Like Tabs would just ignore smacks so I wouldnt even bother I like the idea of getting to behave by other means.. :lol: she's a cheeky little sod.

Was just asking as I keep seeing people smaking their children for the smallest things at the swimming pool. Its in a bit of a rough area but it just makes me wonder :shrug:

Blob, she is not hungry at all, she seems to get what she wants really fast then is quite happy for ages, at night i am pretty sure she is waking for cuddles, she will feed then drop off to sleep, and stay asleep while she is on me!

Personally we are a non smacking household! :thumbup:
We (myself and sister) were smacked as children, I can remember being wacked round the back of the head for talking, and my Dad took the belt to me for bed wetting, so seeing at that was about 30 years ago and i still remember I won't be smacking mine! I expect my Dad can't even remember it.:shrug:
My children have a sort of reverse reward system, and with Ben and his ADHD it is the only thing he seems to understand, so if he is being a pain and is medicated, (because he is different without his tablets and wont listen to anything anyway!) if they are being naughty we will warn then remove things they want, games consoles:)thumbup:) or treats that sort of things, we reward with late nights in holiday times and weekends, and sometimes sweets, I bribe:blush: and it works better than any smack!
My general rule of thumb is if its not hurting anyone let them get on with it, (has come from trying everything with Ben then realising if i don't react he doesn't do it!)

There that is my bit! It's nice you can say most anything in this thread and not get judges or ripped to bits over it, we are all good at letting everyone have their views, anywhere else this subject would be a can of worms!:hugs:

BTP, I agree with that, if they are not hurting anyone then let them be!!!

Evening ladies, just me, the stranger, popping on!!!

Blob, I saw on your FB about your sister. Big hugs today, must be very emotional for you and your family. xx

We don't really do smacking here. Jack has had lots of warning and possibly 3 slaps in his life, but they've been small ones on his behind when he's out of warnings, and to shock him that it actually could happen. We try and do the taking things away thing, and BTP we do bribe a bit too!! I think every parent does, really!! It's so hard isn't it, being a parent.

I was chatting to a friend from boob club today, who offered me a "Breastflow" bottle to try with Sam. Shock horror, I tried it tonight, with 3oz of Aptamil in it, and he drank the lot! And almost fell asleep on it. I topped him up with the boob, but I bet he only had 1 or 2 oz from the boob. He's been in bed since 7.20pm!!!! Madness. Of course, I am now feeling guilty that I didn't BF him for bed, instead of being pleased he drank from the bottle!!! Argh there's no pleasing me!!

I was smacked as a child if I was really bad and I remember how much I hated it. So the minute my Dad raised his voice or threatened a smack we fell into line. IMHO it never did us any harm. x

My sister uses the three warnings rule and then a smack. If they are especially bad (like sticking crayons in my dogs ears) then a straight smack to hopefully discourage that behaviour forever. I have smacked my nieces in the past but I am very hands on with them and spend 6 days a week with them. I dont want to have to smack Olivia when shes older but I will if I have to. xx

Laura, certainly makes sense to me! I also was smacked and don't see it as too much of a negative thing, so long as it's used properly.
How's Olivia today? Did you get in to see the doc with her? x

Claire, go Sam!!! Bless him!!

Laura, is the new medication working for Olivia??

Anyone else watching Heston on C4??

Thanks Becs, no I'm not watching Heston, we're watching the legal thing on BBC1, it's quite good actually, and I'm not normally a big telly girl. Is Heston good? I bet he is. Who was it in our stars who went to his restaurant? Was it Cafferine?

I think it was Ann who went!!

Its good but tbh its a bit unrealistic, he has to think about time and how many they have to cook and feed in that time!!

I have recorded Silk!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->