September Stars

My video had the wrong link. This one should work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-8ZALXfMww&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7goWEYXm7U

Oh fishy can't believe how easily Harry is moving around and holding his weight on his legs. I'm now sitting next to a stroppy husband who wants JJ to be able to move around ;-) JJ isn't even close as he can't lift his tummy and bum off the floor. The jumperoo of him trying to sleep was so cute.

Tbh even as a newborn he was able to hold his own weight on his legs. The crawling though is amazing and such a relief. He seems so much happier now.

He is so far from talking though and food wise he's terrible so swings and roundabouts. X

Aw Fishy, Harry is so gorgeous!! Like Jelly, I can't believe how he's so mobile!! He's such a perfect looking little man too, so photogenic! Sam is a good sitter now, and can get onto his hands and knees, but then flops onto his belly and commando pulls himself along a wee bit. He's a great roller but doesn't seem to have the motivation to do much more!!

What is Harry's weight? Just out of interest really! I need to get Sam weighed, he was last done at 6 months, and he was 19lb if memory serves me right.

What is everyone doing these days with regards to car seats? Sam is at the end of his infant carrier now, and we rarely carry him in it as he's too heavy. I'm pretty sure Archie and Jack's old forward facing recliner is 9kg upwards, or 9 months upwards. I'm tempted to start putting Sam in it to give him some more room and so he can be more in line with his brothers. I reckon he's at least 21lbs now, so easily over the 9kg minimum limit. He's also got good head control, I know it's heads/spines which are a concern when forward facing. I feel we're limited with how much longer he can rear face, unless we buy a brand new carseat, which is out of budget! We go away on the 28th of May, and we'll be doing around a 5 hour car journey, so I need to have made my mind up by then!!!

:hugs: emzy so glad you're getting some help :hugs: :hugs: I feel so lucky my parents are letting us live in this flat rent free until we have enough for a house. I'm amazingly lucky.

Fishy OMG he is possibly the most gorgeous little boy I have ever seen :cloud9: gorgeous and so so clever eek!! I loooove his hair.
Rosalie is almost standing too now she only needs a little help with one hand and now leaps from on piece of furniture to the next. How flipping scary they are all growing up so fast!!! I cannot get over the feeling of when we were all due and waiting and getting pissed off at other people going first :haha:

Edit: roslaies carseat goes until 26lb so she's got a while yet but I'm going for an extended rear facing Volvo one. I looked at too many details about it

Thanks ladies. I last had him weighed about 2 weeks ago and he was 18,3 I think. He's inbetween the 50th and 25th percentile.

I haven't even thought about his next seat yet but I guess he has a way to go yet. Does Sam seem much bigger? X

Lol! Was it that obvious that we were all getting pissed off. I still think of Harry as a newborn and I seriously can't believe he's nearly one. I'm loving this age and love that I'm able to spend so much time with him. I'm going to miss him so much when I go to work for the next two weeks.

Yeah Fishy, Sam's as big as the average 12 month old I think. He's tall as well as a bit chubby. I still think of him as a newborn too though!!!

Blob, I'm jealous re the carseat situation, I would love a new rear facer, but the size of it in the car for one is an issue with the other two on boosters next to him. Plus, we've not got the money to shell out for one, boo hiss. I guess he'll go the same route as the other two!!

Asher Tyler is at the end of his car seat too but doesn't weigh enough to go in a forward facing seat yet so hes staying in his carrier until 9 months but if Sam weighs enough I would put him in a bigger seat they say its more about weight than age.

Talking about car seats I'm trying to find 3 seats that will all fit in the middle section of a Mazda 5 so I don't have to use the back seats and the dog has more room. Any ideas? Ideally they need to be suitable for a newborn a 1 year old and a 3 year old but if we have to then we can use the back until alyssa can go forward facing?

Boony I always forget you've got a Mazda 5 like us. We did have the back seats up, and then used the middle row for Sam and shopping, but it wasn't practical, so now all 3 are in the middle row with room in the back for pram/shopping/dogs. We've got the infant carrier for Sam, then 2 boosters for Archie (6) and Jack (4). I'm thinking when your little lady comes you'd get infant carrier for her, forward facer for Tyler and then one of those booster with the back things for Jayden? They should all fit, but it's just the fastening the seat belts issue, that's our problem at the moment. We have to do a bit of "kid-juggling" to get them all fastened in!!

Awww Fishy Harry is so so gorgeous! Such a handsome man too. And he crawls so well!! When did he start crawling? Holly's sooo desperate to crawl and is getting so frustrated. She keeps getting onto all fours and rocking back and forward but then crys as she can't go lol! He stands very well too, clever boy leaning on his walker like that! I want to get one of those for Holly too. Holly is also a good 'stander' can stand holding onto us with one hand or furniture and stuff and walks if we hold both hands. She's been good at bearing weight on her legs since birth as well, I remember Matt holding her up on his when she was 2 or 3 weeks old and she was pushing down onto her feet. Blob you are right it is scary how fast they are growing up. Tomorrow Holly is 9 months old OMG!!!

Asher we are using the maxicosi car seat right now, but Holly has very very nearly outgrown it now, her feet are well over the end and she's a bit squished in when we strap her in a car. We don't drive so it's not a huge issue and her head isn't over the top yet so she is technically still safe in it. We do have another, it's this one and it was only £25 in the Asda baby event https://direct.asda.com/TeamTex-Trio-Car-Seat/002671538,default,pd.html It's the one we had before the maxicosi which fits onto our pram chassis and we brought her home from hospital in it, it seemed so massive then!! It is for groups 0, 1 and 2, with one and 2 being forward facing. It was a bargain at £25 as well! So we'll use that one when we need to go in a car. It'll be a shame we won't be able to use the maxi cosi any more as it's been really handy when needing to use taxis and stuff when we're out, but she can only be in it up until she is 28lbs or when her head is over the top, whichever is soonest but neither will be long as she's currently 23lbs and at the top already!

My mum and dad were so so nice, they loaned me some money and also gave me an extra £200 on top just to help us out, I'm very lucky that I can ask them really, I just hate doing it!!

Asher Jayden isn't big enough for a high back booster yet he's tiny for his age so him and Tyler will both have to be in front facers with 5 point harness

Thanks Emzy, yeah I reckon Sam will be in the forward facer soon. The one we have is the one we had for Archie and for Jack, it's a Chicco one. It's a good seat, and I'm sure we'll decide to put him in it for the holiday.

Boony, I reckon Jayden being small might make it easier, especially if you left all 3 seats in all the time. It's more the problem of getting inbetween the seats to fasten the belts which is difficult and frustrating!! I do a lot of swearing to myself when we're trying to get them all in!

Yey to your folks Emzy. Just remember that none of this is your fault so you shouldn't feel bad for speaking to your folks. Mine helped out recently too.

Harry crawled for the first time on Sunday but only a bit? He's gradually gotten better over the week. That was the first time he's ever held onto the walker like that. He definitely performs for the camera!

Asher I think JJ is similar size to Sammy he's 22lb. Like Holly his feet are at the bottom but still has a little head space. Now I've taken the cushion out of the maxicosi he looks alot more comfortable. I'm keeping him in the seat for as long as possible, been looking at next seat up for quite awhile but can't decide, it's like choosing a pram all over again!

Yeah I agree Jelly, it is a hard decision. Both the bigger boys were in the next step up by now, and Archie was small but strong, so I think we'll head up soon enough. x

Fc that video was so cute dh came and had a look too, you must be very proud he is fab!

Emzy I'm glad your a but more sorted now x

Both girls are trying to crawl rocking o. Knees and getting stressed especially Layla, she is great at comando crawling but for all our sakes I'm hoping proper crawling starts soon !

We have two of the purple car seats that laura recomended from kidicare we have used them rear facing but I'll turn them around soon but I'm still using the maxi cosis too.

I'm on the lookout for a double buggy it wo t be long before they have outgrown the iCandy which Is a shame as I love it

Fishy isn't it funny how Holly and Harry were born 4 weeks apart, but were due on the same day originally! ha ha! And both of their names begin with H lol x

Genies I saw someone with a lovely double buggy today and I was desperately trying to see the make so I could tell you, but I couldn't!! They must have thought I was weird squinting at their pram!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->