September Stars

Evening ladies!!

Emma, so glad all is sorted out with money, my parents are the same. They are fab xx

Fishy, Harry is lush xx

Hope is forward facing in her car seat, we got a Britax one as it was suitable from birth with the head hugger, she loves seeing us and where she is going, she seems so much more happy!! Hope woke up to 2 teeth poking through, she has been a bit grumpy today but all her bottom gum is hard and white, looks like there are several coming through! Hope is crawling in fits and starts, I am so sure she says hello too, she mimics me when I say it!! I feel like the past month she has just grown up, its going way too fast!

I would really say go with a seat that loads of people you know recommends!! I got one I really liked with tabs but then I hated it. Look at how easy it is for them to get out of :dohh: I ended up having to get the maxi cosi tobi, it is really really nice. Looks comfy and she struggles to get out of it :haha:

Also...

Rosalie is now saying 'hi' and waving :D

Second why are they outgrowing the candy GG?? I still get rosalie and tabs in the double?

Oh yes Emzy! How weird. I hadn't even thought about it before!

I'm liking the idea of the axis car seat but they're so pricey. I bet Harry would love being forward facing.

Re the rocking that Emzy and the twins are doing, Harry really didn't do that for long before he started crawling so you never know! I hope they crawl soon as it makes for such a happier baby.

And yes I'm incredibly proud! Just wish I didn't have to worry about leaving him at nursery the next two weeks. It feels like I'm punishing him when he's been so good.

Yay for Hope and her peggies, Becs!! Bless her!! x

Blob, you're so right about car seat recommendations. We were the first in our group of friends to have a baby, all those almost 7 years ago, and I didn't do forums or anything then. I could really have done with you lot!! I do like the seat we bought, and the seats out there now do appear to be fairly similar to what we have. I definitely agree with the seat being hard for them to get out of too. Archie never attempted to get out of his, but Jack did every couple of mins!!

Fishy, I'm sure Harry will be just fine but I empathise totally. xx

Wow Becs what a lot of teeth in one go! Poor Hope. I hope she's not suffering too much. X

I sold Hope's Jumperoo today, she never uses it anymore, she prefers her walker and getting about. My friend bought off me for £50!!

Well done Becs!! I need to sell our jumperoo too, but it's quite old, in good condition. I need to get onto that!!

Blob I think that by a year they will be too heavy in it ? Amelia always has the front seat because she is bigger and Layla in the back I also want to sell it whine it's still got dome value in it , but it's interesting that you still use yours okay

GG - I'm not sure why but a couple of months ago I started looking at double buggy options and really liked the city jogger double..... But that could be because I really want to buy the single :blush:

Fishy the hardest will be the first day, once you've got through that you'll feel better leaving Harry. at least it's only for 2 weeks and I bet Harry will love exploring all their different toys and playing with others xx

:hi:
I've spent most of the day putting my pigsty house to rights, only to turn around and see dirt and mess everywhere I look again.
The curse of housecleaning with small children around, I guess!
I've decided to let the dirt win and am just not going to worry about it anymore. :coffee:

Fishy - Tobe was VERY interested in Harry's video. He watched with great fascination and especially liked the little shrieks of triumph and trepidation as the pulling up and walking started. Tobe is rather fond of making high-pitched sounds, himself.

On car seats:
Boony - as we are still considering TTC #3 and really want to keep our Subaru, I did a bunch of carseat research. The one brand that consistently comes up as super high safety ratings and giving the three-across fit is the Radian XT by Sunshine Kids. I don't know if you get that brand in the UK, but that's what we'll have to do if/when we have #3.

Asher - we have a friend who is a car seat technician and he gave some great advice. It's not so much weight and age, as weight and milestones. Once baby is doing things like walking, we know that their muscles supporting head and neck have developed to a certain degree that provides more protection in the event of a crash. Not sure if that helps your decision or not, but I thought that was very interesting.

I am in Blob's court on rear-facing, though. We plan to ERF with Tobe. The science and studies really back it up and statistically speaking, driving in the car is the most dangerous activity I do with my kids. I feel better knowing that I am trying to minimize that risk as much as possible. Isn't it crazy to think that for some of us, seatbelts were optional when we were that little? :nope:

Still waiting for my stroller.........

I know my mum tells me they used to put us in the carrycot in the back seats :shock:

I know it's not everyones cup of tea but to be honest I don't think any parent would not do erf if they knew all the reasons and facts behind it. :shrug: I know that's not something I should say but it's true I had no idea when I started looking for tabs second seat I was totally not looking for erf I had no idea why on earth anyone would. I knew she would be happier ff but well saftey became more important :lol: though we had to move her before she turned 2 as she kept escaping :dohh:

It is the muscles like Sarah says more than anything else, until your baby is seriously strong it will rip their heads from their shoulders in a bad accident :sick: they are just too small. Ok I will shut up with all the preaching now :blush:

GG I've never had an issue with the weight and the girls in it, but then I just love it because it's so pretty :haha: tabs is over 30lb but now is getting kinda tall in it the lazy begger...rosalie is nearly 20lb so quite heavy between them :dohh: Though with money yes and also there are lighter easier ones.

Helloooo can't possibly reply to everything as you lot have been chattering like mad today! Typical when I'm not here!

Fishy.. I love love love the videos.. You know I have a major soft for Harry anyway as I think he is so incredibly gorgeous but wow, hasn't he gotten good at crawling so quickly! I hope the 2 weeks pass quickly for you... In fact very quickly because then it's only a week till waynes home!!

Car seats.. No idea at the moment! We have space still in our travel system one (graco) as she was only 17lb something last weigh in, I suppose she's going on 18 lb now? Must take her on Tuesday!

Gg loving the predictive text!!

Ym yay for vbac!

Beck wow £50 not bad going! Poor little hope and her nasty teeth! Lilias two bottom ones came through together but didn't cause her too much upset in the end x

Firgetting... Sorry! I drive to Kent and got the boys today, shattered now! 5 hours and have to do it all again on Sunday!

I think lilia crawled for the first time this evening.. She's been so close for a few days but whereas she's moved her arms, she forgets to move her knees! Well tonight the knees joined in! Not far though, up to her brother, and she didn't do it again so will be interesting to see if she remembers tomorrow!

We're making a welcome home daddy banner tomorrow. Alex wanted to put 'hope you had a nice time' on it... Hmmm!

Awww yaay go lilia :D bet she goes mad crawling with her brothers around. Awwh the banner sounds like a fab idea...not long now :hugs:

Nope 3 weeks tomorrow! I'm beside myself with excitement! Will be so nice having him back, simple things like cuddles when I want and someone else to make up the bottles, or do a nappy change, and just someone to talk to in the evenings! It's been so long!

Aw Louise can't believe it's so close now! You must be soooo excited!! When do you move to Maidstone? x

Ohhh I feel so bad, me and Matt were downstairs watching a film and I had the monitor on the table next to me. After the film I got up and saw the monitor lights going, Matt had only put it on mute earlier on when I was upstairs with Holly and didn't take it off!! So I have no idea how long she had been crying for as I couldn't see the lights for the whole way through the film and we had the volume up loud :( I went up and she was on her front crying but to be honest she didn't seem too bothered so she can't have been crying for that long but I feel bad! I turned her over and she went right back to sleep so can't have been that bothered lol

We watched Get him to the Greek, it was so funny!!

We move on the 25th July, when I've finished work! Means Wayne will have to do most of the packing as I'll be working full time... Oh well!

Emzy, bad mummy!!! Hee hee! I admit once I forgot to turn the monitor on and when I turned it on she was screaming!

Emzy - I want see that film ;-) I'm sure Holly had only just woken bless her

Louise yay three weeks wowsers , anymore progress on the boys coming to live with you full time? At least when you move the journey will only be 20 minutes up the road to see the boys

Blob - it's very difficult to find any rear facing seats tempted to ask my Swedish friend to get one as they sell loads over there

The leaking nappy episode continues after 4 dry nights. I've still been changing him before bed every night and he's been fine. Until tonight leaked all over him, the sleeping bag and cot sheets. I'm going to try wearing the nappy higher at the front to increase the absorbency.

Off to a birthday party tomorrow it's strange because I'm thinking how I will feel celebrating JJ birthday and reminiscing the birth, and the year before that was the day we returned from honeymoon.

I've got ulcers on my Tongue tonight I'm wondering if that means I'm run down which is why I've been feeling rough some days recently? Decided to start taking my multi vitamins again

Right I'm off to sleep as I'm waffling now ... Night ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->