September Stars

Hi opti / lady k :wave:

Emzy - good to know Holly is hitting all those milestones

Sarahkka - really hope your stroller turns up

Lady k - Pmsl I wish I was there, she obviously wanted some yum !

GG - could you do a treasure hunt or if you don't want them running around individual activity books for their ages eg colouring, puzzles etc ... Sorry not great ideas

Trying out huggies now for night time and so far so good. The sides are stronger and nappy slightly bigger. Hope this does the trick. JJ seems to of got another cold and I appear to have tummy bug as been up all night :-( hoping for an easy day today

I found huggies better but stinky so I went eco :lol: no leaks *touch wood* and no smell at all :D

Hello All,

Just popping in to say hello!

Nothing too exciting here today!

Sarah, I hate waiting in for stuff, like you say not to be able to say am or pm is stupid and rude!
Hope it comes soon xx:hugs:

Ideas for litties to keep them occupied, like someone suggested a table with colouring, sticking, cutting out, etc, a few things to make and do should occupy most, you could make a suggestion like they make party hats or something seasonal, make a proto type up for them to copy, I know my 3 yr old would do that as would my 8 yr old, and even the 11 yr old!! From 1 is young so perhaps a few soft duvets on the floor with a selection of toys to play with?
Food usually keeps children occupied! Just makes a huge mess!:hugs:

I find all the nappies smell whatever i use, I think her wee just must smell! I have tried not drinking squash in case the rubbish in that changed her sleep or made her nappies stink but nothing seems to change that horrible smell in the mornings!

Ladyk, Love the cake story, bet her face was a picture! :haha:

Ym, glad the hv is good, at last someone who makes some sense!:hugs:

Blob, oooooh a new car!:happydance:

Fishy, saw fb, so glad all went well xx

Emzy, good luck with everything, I agree once done you can get with the sorting of your other issue! :hugs:

Got to go, little madam is SOOOOOOOOOOO DEMANDING!! It took a while to get her high chair up together yesterday, it took my dh holding her, and she was still screaming the place down, she just wants me 24/7 right next to her!
Sleep is not getting much better!
I am going to look into adoption after the children are at a certain age, i just feel there are lots of children we could give a loving home to, and we hopefully will have a few child rearing years left in us! I expect we will foster for a while but i can see myself getting too attatched, especially with babies.
My friends sister adopted a lovely little boy, but sadly his foster family who had him from birth would have been more suitable, and they wanted to adopt him but he was adopted out, not sure why they do that and dissrupt a child in a perfectly good home that wants to keep him. My friends were able to adopt their foster child but he was with them from about 3yrs and so was older, his life had been seriously messed up by then so stability was the best.

Back soon xx:hugs:

:hi:
The stroller arrived and we went out directly for a test drive!
Thumbs up from mama, baby, and toddler.
We are planning a long walk down to the river today.

:happydance:

Photeeeeeees Sarah?????

BTP I want to do that too I really love the idea of fostering, I'm quite worried though as I want to send the girls to private school and I really couldn't send more :nope: I would feel awful though as they would prob feel pretty shitty for that :dohh:

I've always said I want to foster or adopt after my children have grown and left... I worked in an orphanage in Romania after my a levels for a little while and would love to adopt an orphan!

Sarah so glad it's here at last!

Blob.. Tell me to butt out if you want, but I'm a teacher, did you realise that private schools often take on teachers that haven't even qualified? Because they can employ who they want.. When I did my teacher training course one guy was crap and was thrown off the course, immediately got offered a job in a private school!

Thanks for the hi's ladies!

Louise, I'm trying everything on Izzy's bum - starch, bicarbonate of soda (mixed with water to bathe her in), sudocrem, two things we have from the docs, old fairy soap - everything. The only thing that's making her better is having her nappy off and getting her in the bath a lot. Poor little mites :(

Emzy - great news about holly and her milestones :thumbup: And good luck with the op :flower:

I don't think I could foster - I'd be too upset when the kiddies were adopted, and i'd always be worried that i'd favour my own.

As for the nappies - I need some more night ones as Izzy is out-peeing my cloth stash at the mo. I'm not gonna use disposables, but i need to get the cash for some more fluff!

Oh and YM - I can't believe that pip is 20 weeks now!!!!! time's flying!!!!! Awwwwww you'll soon have another little newborn bub :D

Optical I think that's why I would foster it's like looking after them before they got a home though Robin and I did say we would prob end up adopting :haha:

Thanks Louise yea I did know that but this school is so popular 300 people tried to be the receptionist :haha: I have lots still to do with the school that's why I like it? It's like a comfort thing to send them somewhere I can imagine them? :wacko: thanks Hun if I could get a job there I SO would it's a min of 40% off the fees grrr

Evening girlies!!!

Ouchy for sore bums xxx

I have been here there and everywhere today, took my Dad and niece out this morning, then I went over and dropped off the jumperoo at my friends!! Don't feel like I have had 5 minutes!! Haven't had my tea as I CBA to cook it lol!!! I really need to hit the supermarket so we have limited things in!! Ian is going after a kebab and I am gonna have pasta!

Blob I know what you mean sending them somewhere familiar that means something to you! Some private schools are fab but then so are some state schools, I would love love love lilia and the boys to go to the school I work at, it's like a big family, but they're shutting all the middle schools down next September :(

Becs sounds like a busy day! As I dont normally eat till after lilias in bed I often cba and end up with tomatoes on toast or something, tonight though I'm having pork and dauphinoise (cant spell) potatoes because I really fancied it! Naughty!

Got lilia weighed today she's now 18 lb 2 oz and bang on average apparently!

Forgot to add bloody cat has cystitis again, means another injection at the vets and pee on anything soft she can find! That'll be her banned to the kitchen and outside then! AND the dog had a nice lie down in the smelliest mucky puddle ever so had to hose him down with some baby shampoo as I haven't got doggy shampoo, Keith the red tail shark has died of old age so he's off down the toilet and Jason is squawking every time lilia squeals, which is a LOT! someone take my animals away!

Hello girlies!

Hope you've all had lovely days. We had a nice busy day! Started at a new baby group this morning at the children's centre. I already go to one there on a tuesday afternoon but they've started another on tuesday mornings for 6-12 month old babies and it's sensory play. Today was messy play with paints, paintbrushes, crayons, etc and it was sooo fun! Here are a couple of pics:

227037_10150630772795473_743965472_18661966_4373055_n.jpg

226662_10150630772890473_743965472_18661967_5374510_n.jpg

228201_10150630773235473_743965472_18661970_5894982_n.jpg

226784_10150630773915473_743965472_18661980_1168544_n.jpg

Holly loved it, had fun making a mess but it was hard keeping the paints and crayons out of her mouth! Then my friend from antenatal classes who came with me came back to my house and I made us all cheese on toast and the babies made a mess eating that in the middle of the living room floor. Then we went back to the children's centre for our usual baby group this afternoon! So a busy day! Holly was shattered and was in bed fast asleep for 8pm.

x

Opti - try metanium (sp) cream it cleared jjs rash within a day it's thick and does stain but it's brilliant . It's in a yellow box and can buy in places like boots

Emzy - Holly looks like she had a fantastic time

Sarahkka - yay on the stroller arriving

Ooooh so tempted to do this sort of thing at my baby group :)

optical have you tried metanium cream? it was recomended to me for nappy rash and then i remembered i had some in the cupboard id been given i only had to use it once and the tiniest bit and it cleared right up?

Blob have you got Tabs name down at the school? i presume there is a wait list for such a good school thats what most are like around here

Schools are such a daunting subject ive been advising parents for years and now ill have to think ablout it, the little village infant school is just up the road and thats where i went to school which is lovely my only concern is theres only one reception class and i would prefer the girls to be in different classes as i dont want them competing for friends or grades but ill cross that bridge when we get there that and their stupid august birthdates which means they just turn 4 and then go to school ! not good !

Blob you should! It was so much fun!

Genies I was talking to Matt about that yesterday, Holly will have just turned 4 when she goes to school too but my friend was of the opinion that you could choose for them to not go til the following year... is that right?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->