September Stars

The intake rules have all changed, it used to be the term before they were 5 I think but you could opt for earlier? Something like that... Now they're only starting in September so you coule argue the sept/oct babies etc will miss out on a term of school and July/august babies will get an extra term or so.. But then they'll be expected to be at the same level as children almost a year older than them. Writing/reading wise that will be hard on them but good they get extra time in school if that makes sense, compared to what they would the old rules. It's strange to think that Holly, Sam, Layla and Amelia will be in the year above the rest of the stars!

It is mad to think that! Ok so I'm confused... am I right that Holly will turn 4 on August 14th, then will be expected to start school the following month? I'm not sure what I think about that to be honest... part of me thinks it's good that they get the extra time in school but like you say they are expected to be at the same level as the rest that are nearly a year older than them :S 4 seems very young to go to school, nevermind having just turned 4! I think I went when I was 4, but I was born in April so was in the middle age wise!

I'm pretty sure that's how it is, my nephew is 4 in June and he starts in September! Dont forget though it's like a reception/foundation year so it's like a step up from nursery I suppose. Basically the reason being that children born later in the academic year on average get lower gcse results, by a surprising amount actually, so the thought is that this should help the younger kiddies.. They start younger but theyll be younger when sitting their exams..

That's right Emzy she will start school in the sept of the year she turns 4 so yes Holly Sam Layla and meily are a while academic year ahead of the rest of the stars you can defer the year but it's hard when they go into school and often are expected to go straight into year 1 , some people opt for waiting until the January and giving them the extra term at nursery , most schools don't like you doing this so it's best to apply for your place and then tell them what your doing it's perfectly legal but schools get more money per child and teachers prefer to settle all their intake in one go and will argue Is better for the children if there all new together instead of one starting all on there own which to be fair I can see the point , I get all riled up by this schools stuff as you can tell sorry x

Emzy - Painting looks fun....but SUPER messy!!! I haven't braved painting with Kimi yet.... although I am sure I will have to soon!!!

Optical - Hope you find a good cream... bepanthen works for us or aloe vera has been suggested although didn't work for us very well!

Schools?!?!?! Kimi is not growing up so she wont have to go to school and neither is Pip!! I am keeping them my babies forever!!! :haha:

Nah, if I am honest...I haven't really lived where I am for long enough to even look into schools properly yet, but the local one is where alot of younger kids that I know go to and they don't do too badly...not much bullying and the school meals are apparently 'lovely!' but I think when it comes to it... I will look more closely!! Is anyone thinking of homeschooling???

I wouldn't home school my kids as I was taught at home when I was ill...during holidays... but my mum got obsessed with home schooling and took me out of school about 6 weeks a year and all I did was resent her for it as I felt more alone and isolated by her!!!

I am so tired!!! I've been plagued by nightmares the past few nights so end up waking up at silly am and just sit awake.... its stupid...Kimi has started sleeping through from 10am til 6am(ish) and yet NOW i can't sleep?!?!?!

5 days til scan and my birthday!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Who wants to beat on what team I am on?????

See ya all laters!!! xx

Awww YM :hugs: ooooh I think girl again for you :)

Nah the school isn't that hard to get into, it's just because it's in the village so means the village is really nice as lots of money is spent but means house prices are INSANE!! I can't get a 1 bed house under 100k compared to the neighbouring villages where you can get a 3 bed for that :dohh: but it's so insular there are only two schools and both the girls already know all their classmates which I loooooove!! :)
I really love this area it's just beautiful blossom trees and a big burn and everyone knows who you are :cloud9:

Sarah where is this pram????

Ym I personally wouldn't homeschooly children, like you say it's isolating, plus to me academia is only one aspect of school - learning social skills/teamwork etc are all just as important and there are good opportunities in schools. But that's just my 2p!
I also think girl for you x

Lilia went to bed at 7.30 and woke at 7.30... What's that about!! Usually it's 6.30 to 8/8.30!

YM, I think girl too!!!

I am super on it today, housework all done, washing out, breakfasts sorted and I am showered and dressed!! Just going to take Murphy for a nice walk in a bit!!

Ye becs takes me till now to Hoover get ready make up etc etc feeding them go go go go :dohh:

Yes louise I agree the schools around here are awful I mean awful like you're lucky to come out with any grades :dohh: as a friend put it to me, in (alva) you are kicked in for doing well in classes where at dollar you feel bad if you don't do well? But it's the behind the scenes opportunities that it gives you, the places you go to etc etc. Its a really popular thing to go and help at a disabled children's holiday place etc. I would have to move if w couldn't pay for it. Im not against main stream schooling just not the shit ones around here :haha:

Outside looks dark and horrible, looks like rain, we were out all day yesterday so I think today might be a pyjama day!! I have housework to do, ironing, could do more painting, sort bedrooms, clean the bird out.. Yes I think I will have a pyjama and housework day! As long as lilia lets me!

Good Morning all, Just a really quick one from me, while dh collects mil for the day:wacko:
Up every 2 hours in the night! High chair working well Rosie had some cheesy bread and a frube at tea time, she had other things but just wiped them everywhere! The chair was easy to clean and looks nice, :thumbup: for that!

Rosie in the middle of the lounge frustrated, and not where i left her! Shouting 'up' her most used word i think!!

Now she is on my lap so one handed!

Becs, medals today for being so up together, i an always running round like a headless chicken!:thumbup:

I know i was keeping my legs crossed til Sept 1st, and need not have bothered as she arrived 27th!! My friend has both her children's birthdays in August and so hers turned 4 and within a month started school, now that is crazy but she felt they were ready.

I dont like school, i think they are the right place for half of the children there and the rest have to conform, and i am not for conforming!!:haha:
I agree socially school is a needed thing, 'i know how much Sophie enjoys and gets out of playgroup once a week, I am really slow on the forms and stuff because i don't want her to go to school! I never do and they pile in quite happily, I feel my eldest came out of school with 10+GCSE or equivilent and is in college now, and a good lad, i put the education down to the school but the fact he is a thoroughly lovely young adult, with good morals, sensitivity, and manners down to me as his Mother! However Ben I take no blame for the way he wil turn out, as the adhd is genetic from his fathers side so its all his fault:haha: Ben is actually a lovely little man just school is not the place for him, I just think he will have to face the real world one day so it is no good protecting him from main stream school or when he gets work as an adult the normality around him will all be too much, he has to learn its him that has to adjust not everyone else!

We have lots of making and doing stuff in the house, paints and play dough which i make, we bake cakes and decorate them, or pizzas or whatever they want to do. The painting i get out in the summer on the patio, then they can get in the pain if they want to, i just put them in a tub of bubbly water after!

YM, I am going for boy, just to be different!:hugs:

Sorry as usual gone off the beaten track and got totally lost! Back later and will try and catch up rather than go on and on! :hugs:

Emzy love the photos of Holly painting. I am wanting to give painting ago with Ollie but everything is going in his mouth at the minute so can imagine it to be very messy think I may give it a go a the weekend when OH is here to help.

Ollie is the same with the school he was born 29th August so will of just turned 4 and then will be starting school. I didnt want him to be born early due to this reason but alot of my friends were born in August and they said it was fine they found it no different been nearly a year younger than some of the other pupils.

YM I think your going to have a boy.

Louise its horrible weather here to its pouring down and cold so were going to have a pj day too.

You can buy edible paint for that reason, I don't imagine it's very good for them but at least you don't have to panic too much if it goes in their mouth... As it almost certainly will!

Well today for the first time lilia is starting to try pulling herself up on the furniture, unfortunately for her a leather sofa doesn't have much grip for her so she's not quite cracked it yet!

Ym - I'm thinking girl, good luck with your next scan!

Louise - I'm sure lillia will soon be able to grab that sofa. Yay on standing up on her own! Pj day sounds good, would rather have that than rush to the gym this morning.

We have 2 schools within walking distance the closest has a bad offstead report so I'm hoping to get the other school at the top of the hill. I'm more worried about not getting school of choice, as some friends have been given really far away schools for their Los.

Had another wet night last night, but when I got him ready for bed I forgot to use huggies so it's my own fault. I'm really struggling with JJ taking any water from his beaker. He seems to have one good day and then stubborn for next week. I've tried 4 different beakers. I just worry hes not having enough liquid now he's on 20oz of milk a day..... Or should I not worry and it will be one of those things he'll just suddenly do one day?

Jelly I can't help but think that if he was thirsty he'd drink it, especially as he has shown you he can do it..I don't know really, lilia has between 14 and 18 oz a day now, full bottle morning and night, water at lunchtime then a bottle after her tea, that one varies between 2 and 6 oz!! Maybe when he drops a bottle he'll have more water.. He must be well hydrated if he wee's do much at night! Speak to your health visitor if you're worried hun but even if they say he should have more, there's not a lot you can do if he won't drink it! Apart from maybe giving it to him on a bote but that kind of defeats the object? X

By the way when I say full bottle I mean a 6oz bottle as she's on the 6 months + milk now x

Hmmm. Very quiet in here. I take it that unlike me, you all have lives?! Whereas I have mainly followed lilia round the living room all day...

I have no life... been trying to encourage Kimi to sit up...turned away to get a toy and she prompty fell over!!! :( must grow eyes in back of head!!!

OH took Kimi to doctors today as we had to see him to up how many milks we wanted and he said we should be trying to wean her off her formula now?!?! But when I saw the dietician she told me to continue with the formula!!!

Weaning is not going well....its only me trying to wean her...OH is happy to let her have a bottle and play his ps3!!! And he does most mornings for me so she never has breakfast!!! :( STRESSED!!!

Hope everyone is okay

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"