September Stars

Glad all went okay Emzy and it doesnt cause you too much pain.

Emzy, so glad it's all done for you. Enjoy your Chinese, hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. xx

Jelly, hope this cream works for JJ, poor love!

Sarahka, I don't know if I've already said, but I LOVE your avatar pic! So cute!!!

We're 2 children down here tonight. Archie and Jack are having a sleepover at the in-laws, I just phoned to say goodnight, they sound tired and happy! I am enjoying some nice red wine before bed! x

Thank goodness it's over Hun that's good now you're on the road to recovery.

I will take photos of them as soon as I can :haha: I really love them but need to try all the dresses on with them before I spend too much.

Jelly YES my feet were a 5 before tabs, 6 after and now I'm a 7 :shock: it's unreal!!!!

Omfg Asher I'm flipping jealous!! I want to give mine away started bedtime at 7pm and I'm still at it :hissy:

Blob, let's hope Sam doesn't make a meal of it tonight and be worse than the 3 of them usually are combined!!!! x

Hi girls, I have been reading but lilia was really poorly yesterday and I didn't get 5 mins to myself all day! I hope she feels a little better today, although in my experience when you have a cold the second day is usually worse!

Emzy hope you feel ok not too sore x
Blob.. Need a photo of the shoes! I love shoes but don't have many, I'm a trainer/flip flop girl!
Asher hope Sam was good for you and you had a nice evening!

Do you know I've literally forgotten everything else.. Oh, jelly you asked what I was doing for waynes return, to be honest not a lot other than a banner! His birthday is next week and our anniversary of getting together is the day before he comes home so we'll celebrate them once he's back! We'll hang the banner out the front if the house for him, he will probably arrive home tea time ish so the boys will be live wires all day! Probably take away then sleep! He will be so tired after the travelling and 24 hours in Cyprus just wanting to be home!

Morning!!!

Sarah and Claire hope the LO's slept well!!

Louise, hope Lilia is better today xx

I am all sorted, 2 loads of washing out on the line, hoovering and floors mopped! Just waiting for Ian to get back with the dog then we are on route to Yarmouth, my sister is staying in a caravan for the weekend so we are going to see them!!

Emzy, Glad it's all over, glad you are in good hands and hope you feel all mended soon! xx:hugs:

Blob, how weird is that, I was a shoe size 6, always was, now after Rosie i was trying on shoes the other day I am a 5, none of the 6 fit and i am defo a 5 now! All my last years shoes don't fit which as i was preggo i suppose is no surprise but some i had before that! I think my feet have gradually shrunk!:shrug:

Becs, I will have some of those skills please, as i sit here this morning bugger all done and my first stop...here!:haha: Have a great day hunny :hugs:

Right I know there is more but thinking about taking the kids and husband out for the day, train and beach, If i plan it dh will usually mess it up so just going to say lets go!
I can't sit and listen to kids arguing all day, at least outside i can ignore them! :haha:

Big Hugs All:hugs:
:hugs:

BTP, I think I am far too organised!! I have to admit I am a control freak and like to know that things are done!!

Becs, Lol, I lost control about baby no4!!!:haha::hugs:

I was also going to ask how long breast feeding Mummies will be feeding if baby wants to?
Was talking to a woman yesterday with a 2 and a half year old and she still feeds, I was thinking is that too long? I honestly think i would still feed as long as Rosie demands it, I didnt think my boobs would work that long producing milk as i have previously dried up but because of lack of demand.
I was going to try and feed til 1 but what is the max the other way for everyone?

:hugs:

Morning ladies!

Louise, poor Lilia, I hope she's a little better today for you. It's awful when they're not well. I can't seriously believe we're now on a 2 week countdown for Wayne! So exciting!!

Becs, enjoy your day, sounds lovely, a little bit of a holiday for the day!! Just what the doctor ordered!!

Blob, hope your two slept okay in the end!! It's hard work isn't it?! I saw on Teeny's FB status about Riley being up in the night all the time. So hard.

Sam actually didn't do too bad last night. Slept until 4,30, fed but then wouldn't go back down well. Cried for a while then nodded off about 5.15 I think, then he was awake again at 6.20 so I brought him in with us and he had a feed and went to sleep having a cuddle.

BTP, I'm constantly thinking about the continuing/stopping BF issue. Sam now has a bottle of formula, usually around 7oz, sometimes 8 for bed, and takes it well. He boobfeeds if he wakes in the night, and always first thing in the morning having a cuddle in bed. Then during the day he probably feeds 3 or 4 times. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but not usually for very long. I think my role has changed to more of a comfort than anything else! A nice warm drink! If he were drinking more water during the day, I think I might be thinking about giving him more formula and weaning him off the boobs, but he doesn't drink much at all. I BF Jack until he was 13 months, but that was because he wouldn't take any other milk in a cup or a bottle, so it had to be me.
I think this will sound incredibly selfish, but I am getting ready to have my body back. I would really like to wear some nice undies and not have to consider what clothes I wear for ease of feeding. Then at the same time I feel guilty, and if Sam is going to be my last baby, I should be making the most of this time!! Argh, the guilt's there no matter what!!

Asher I don't think that sounds selfish at all. I admire you and the other breastfeeding ladies for doing it for this long and I think the time to stop is when either of you feel ready to stop. It's not selfish at all :hugs:

Becs you put me to shame with your housework!!

I had a good nights sleep but quite sore today, despite taking the strong painkillers. My Mum was on Holly duty last night and she went down at 8pm and woke at 8.30am and only cried for her dummy at 12am and 7am, so she had a good night! It was lovely to have a completely undisturbed nights sleep with no baby monitor and no snoring husband!! Going to try a little trip into town today, probably with lots of stop offs as I don't think I'll be able to walk too much. I can't stay in the house though I'll go stir crazy!

And it's so cute, Holly has started dancing to music! I'll try and get a video later. Ooh and she walked a few steps pushing her walker thing!! So proud of her :cloud9:

Oh and Asher I LOVE your avatar picture, so so cute! I can't wait until Holly has a little brother or sister. As long as I don't have to have these damn stitches again after the next one LOL!

Emzy glad all is well but don't go over doing it make sure you rest !

Asher you don't sound selfish at all don't worry and BTP I don't know much about it but I'm sure you will know when it's the right time to stop

Louise I hope lilia is feeling better?

Been for a long walk with the girls today, I'm very tired though !

Louise I hope she feels better :flower:

BTP I plan on keeping going until they stop? Tabs was 16months but rosalie is already looking like she might stop. She wouldn't feed today until 3pm but she's fed twice in an hour :wacko: she won't have another feed until bedtime and then she will be up twice to feed :dohh: I can tell it's coming though as she has quick feeds and then will scream as shes sleepy but doesn't want to feed :cry: she really is growing up to fast she is so so close to standing now.

btp -
I've really only started thinking a lot more about this in the last few weeks.
We are already way past the point at which Simon was weaned. He had a lot more difficulty with feeding, so he was combi-fed, and the weaning process was a lot faster.
Tobe is a real boob-child, on the other hand. He still doesn't eat solids in any form of regularity. I have been very baby-led with him and am pretty happy with that decision. However, from my experience with Simon, I am pretty sure that I don't cycle while I'm lactating. At all. It took 3 months for my cycle to return after I stopped BFing Simon, and we were only BFing a couple of times a day by the end there, so it seems like even a little bit of lactation has a strong effect on my fertility.
So, if I want to TTC this year, then I think I need to wean Tobe. And I'm not sure that's fair to him?
I'm in a mild quandary about it.
I do feel a bit like Asher - it would be nice to have my body back sometimes, but if Tobe is my last, I want to enjoy every moment of this. And I really am enjoying it this time around.
So I guess I'm just going to wait and see.
I am planning to start feeding Tobe more solids more regularly.
His new high chair should be here in a couple of weeks and I will get the three meals a day going by then, I think. That will probably gently start the process of weaning.
I don't know when I plan to stop it outright, though.

On the front of BF ladies, Riley is still BF but I would like to introduce combination feeding. He threw a hissy fit at taking a bottle last night (after I bought an expensive breast flow one!) but I will try again tonight. I too love Bf but would like some time to go out with DF (only cinema/dinner/anything really!) and have the flexibility that other people can look after him too whilst I have uni stuff and moving house etc.

Any ideas on how to introduce a bottle successfully??

Hope all ladies and babies are well. xx

I've not managed TW well I could with rosalie but I'm not keen on giving her any formula I know she wouldn't care but I'm selfish. If we go out I would feed her at 7 and if she doesn't go to sleep then she will later but I wont re feed her?

Rosie gagged the only time i offered her formula, at this rate i will be struggling to wean her, I give her food at the table with us but she is not really interested, tonight she sucked on pizza, and a crumb of cake! She sucked at a party ring, but generally ignores food.
Anyone else that is baby led what does their baby actually get in and eat?
Never baby led before and she is nearly 8 months now and still 99% boob fed:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->