September Stars

Fc the job hunting isn't going great , I'm looking for evening work mainly because I'm not sure how much childcare I have ! I'm also looking into childminding x

Im sorry to ask the same question again but who is in toddler beds now ? And when are you thinking of putting them in ?

I was all up for doing it now but then a few people at work said its too early do I've started doubting myself :(

GG - JJ is still in his cot and have no intention moving him anytime soon but also want to move house first. I think it's Boony who has her two boys in toddler beds and I'm sure there was someone else thinking about it but can't remember if they did or who it was.

Have you booked with agency's? As I know some mums when I was temping used to collect audio tapes for small company's and type up letters - which could fit into the childcare. With childminding you'd only be able to have one other child at the moment but would be a good way to have a regular income after the initial expense of insurance and course etc. didn't you work in a school? How about evening tuition? My niece is only 7 and has started having extra Maths as she's struggling a little? Hope you manage to work out something soon. How is dh new job going? Has he settled in yet?

Riley is still in his cot and I have no intentions of a toddler bet yet. He would be up and out in the middle of the night if I did! However, my older son was in a bed by now as he was a brill sleeper and such a good boy! I guess it is all down to the child really. If you feel they are ready Genies, then go for it! x

I am going to be moving Ollie into a toddler bed when we do the new room out for him and the cot will be for baby girl, he is a really good sleeper do thought it is fine to put him into a bed now.

GG, i have Tyler in a toddler bed i think i moved him over at 13 months, and i moved Jayden over at 12 months. Jayden then moved to a single bed at 2 years i think. They were both fine going into toddler beds i think Jayden fell out a few times but because they are so low they are perfectly fine. I bought Tyler one with a built in bed guard and then put pillows underneath the bed just in case but he has never fallen out. if i remember rightly your girls don't share a room? I moved Tyler over when he had his room to himself and he never once got out of it and even now he is sharing with Jayden he's only got out of it once and that was to get a book lol.
If your girls are sharing a room i would recommend doing it one at time because if they both decide to get out of bed you might have problems getting them both back at the same time. Whereas you can make sure one is settled with the bed before you move the other.

GG, Archie was in a cot until he was 2 I think, then he went into a toddler bed with no problem. Jack was such a bad sleeper. He was in a toddler bed just after 12 months to see if he would sleep any better (he didn't)! Sam loves his cot at night, so no intention of moving him just yet. I would just do what you feel is right depending on how the girls sleep? I don't think there is a right time for everyone, so long as you don't wait too long and they are at risk of trying to escape the cot!

Busy busy day here, just popped on to say hello. Cleaning and changing beds all morning, now got to finish mopping the kitchen and have a shower then bake cake for mum and dads anniversary tomorrow. And deliver all the mums day stuff too. Joy!

Hope you're all well today, hugs. Catch up later. Xxx

I'm back again! Twice in one day! Just settling down with a cold beer to watch take me out! No likely no lighty! Hope all are ok. Xx

Genies let me know how you get on with the toddler bed. Holly will be moving into one in the next month or two so that new baby can have the cot.

Our scan was amazing, I absolutely loved it and I am shocked at how much she looks like Holly!

Introducing baby Evie :cloud9:

418172_10151423135795473_743965472_23406944_1647973013_n.jpg

417307_10151423135995473_743965472_23406947_1424995003_n.jpg

418100_10151423136595473_743965472_23406953_1526520640_n.jpg

Eurggggggh iv'e had such a horrid week - Olivia has had a gastro bug que lots of vomiting, my bank account got hacked, I had another fall (damn the labrador for tripping me up), still having issues with the oh and have generally felt very poo and like I am a mad woman for even thinking I can balance another baby in our house. Please god let next week be better !!!

Apologies if I miss anything but will try my best....

Emzy : Fab pics hun !!! They really are so awesome and I think you can see a Holly resemblance ! I love comparing sibling newborn pics so can't wait to see what Evie looks like when she gets here. xx

GG : Olivia has been in a cotbed for about 4 months now. She hated the cot and kept throwing herself over the top and out of it. I'll be honest she is great at going to bed in it but not so much at staying in there all night !! This is my fault though :haha: I am sure that your girls will be fine hun. xx

Re : Fussy eating - Olivia has good and bad days, some days she will eat anything I put in front of her, others she will turn her nose up at everything and anything. She's not very good with sandwiches so we have pasta, noodles, sausage rolls or cheese and onion rolls and salad or something with toast alot more often. She is also rubbish with breakfast and will only eat weetabix with warm milk so if she refuses that I give her a half slice of toast and a fruit salad instead.

Gonna have to go as I can hear Olivia shrieking - she still seems to be suffering with some tummy pain as I can hear it gurgling away constantly and the only thing that seems to be helping is me massaging it. Am sooooo tired as she's waking 5/6 times at the moment a night with it. Will keep up better next week.

x X x X x X x X x X

O'h and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY for tomorrow girls. Hope you are all spoilt and have fantastic days. xxxxxxxxxxx

Laura you poor thing you have had such a run of bad things hope next week is better x

Asher we love no lighty no likely too :)

Emzy she is a stunner ! Love the pics x

Thankyou for all your help with beds as you can see by Facebook I decided as boony said to do them one at a time for many reasons , Layla's is a cot bed so was easy to take the sides off and she is the better sleeper so we got it ready talked all about it she got ready for bed and layed down then she screamed and sobbed abd tried to get out her room she seemed more bothered by the stair gate at her door she kept saying bye bye bed , I bought her back down for a while and she has just asked to go up and it seems quiet so fingers crossed x

Emzy they are lovely pictures.

Laura hope things get better soon :hugs:

Genies poor layla, hope she settles better now. Once shes slept in it tonight she might feel better about it tomorrow.

:hi: Hi girls!

Holy moly, Emzy! Does that wee Evie EVER look like her big sister! That is pretty spectacular that you can see that right in the womb! Another little curly girlie I bet! :cloud9:

I think Tobe would like us to convert his crib to the toddler bed mode, but if he is anything like his older brother (and oh he is!), I will want to keep him in his bed/prison for as long as possible. He has the same talent for destructive mischief and life-threatening trouble as Simon. He needs to be confined!!!! For his safety and my sanity! :)

I'm drinking wine and making a gourmet toad-in-the-hole and I have no intention of exercising tonight. I am going to relax with a book or a mindless computer game and chill out.
Worked an Elephant Bathtime program at the Zoo today, then we went to look at an old (well, old for Calgary, so about 100 years) house for sale this afternoon. Looks like a tear-down, I'm sad to say. So many lovely details in woodwork and stained glass but the owner has let it deteriorate to a shocking state. Shame on her. I hate seeing lovely old places so neglected. Pretty sure it's past repair.
It's so hard not to fall for the charming details and want to rescue it and make it into a gorgeous place again, but the problems we were seeing are easily in the $200k range. Don't have that kind of money to sink into it. :nope:
But we're going to casually keep looking. We can stay where we are with our super cheap rent as long as we need to. It's a good position to be in - no pressure to buy.

Back at the Zoo for me tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and huge "feel better"s to all the sickly preggos and babies and Star mamas! :hugs:

Sorry you had a rubbish week Laura.
Hope Layla slept well in her bed gg.
Evie really does look like holly emzy. Happy 30 weeks.
28weeks today for me.
Happy mothers day mummies hope you all get spoilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->