September Stars

Could it be reflux fishy? Or maybe a wind problem, I know they don't particularly get much wind from bfing but you never know? Infacol might be worth a try? Heidi used to make a gagging noise then projectile vomit her entire feed Up, probably once a Day but not snymore, i think it was When she had too much at Once Without me burping her x I've had concerns with Heidi too although not so much sick but nappies, on SMA she was horribly constipated so we switched, she's on aptamil now but her nappies are do explosive and runny, I don't know if it's diarrhoea as such because she only usually goes once a day but it is always so liquid and explosive it goes out her nappy and through her best and babygro! I don't really want to keep switching formula but don't think it's normal.

Tristan has explosive nappies too. I was wondering if it's reflux or gas as he usually is very settled and happy after a poo or when he's been sick. When he's sick though he keeps retching and I wonder if he's also throwing up bile. It's certainly not milk but could just be pleghm.

Hmm I really don't know hun apart from the wind thing, mention it to your mw/HV but your instincts are likely to be right, I'd forgotten how much worry there is with a newborn with various reflux/wind/nappy/colicky problems! X

If he's contested and gagging its likely to be reflux. Try feeding him a little more upright (hard when bfing I imagine!) And try sitting him up for 20-30 mins after a feed and see if that helps. Also prop the head of the Moses basket up a bit so he's not sleeping flat x

Thanks ladies. I might take him to the health visitor tomorrow but will try your advice xx

I had similar issues with JJ fishy. Sometimes he'd projectile in his Moses basket couple of hours after a feed. First night he was a very mucousy baby which contributed to his sickness too. We tilted his Moses basket quite high we bought specific blocks to raise his crib, put him in his swing after a feed in the evenings so he could sleep but be more upright for awhile. One feed I would take an hour to feed and continually wind.

Take him to the hv but don't be palmed off like I was. It's now only knowing so many other children that I realised JJ was t normal and should of been firmer with my convictions.

Fishy- it does sound like reflux I would speak to your Hv
So I now have a crawler Rosie is all over I need eyes in the back of my head she has attacked the bottom of my tree so we have no baubles she is currently following Ollie about all over and he is getting very annoyed cos all he wants to do is play with his cars :haha:

FB, Rosie is so clever!! Xx
Elsie is trying and it won't be long now. She can get her bum and Arms up but not on the move just yet! Our christmas looks awful from about 2 foot from the bottom too- but that is Riley!! :-(
Ann , did you see the HV with Tristan? Xx

No, annoyingly getting ready this morning has taken forever and we missed the session. I think he's having a growth spurt now as feeding every hour. My poor nipples ;)

Clever girl Rosie! Evie is no where near!! So lazy, she just lays there and only rolled over the other day- she's 7 months tomorrow ha ha! She just lies face down if I put her on her front! Well she sort of does a mini push up then gets fed up and lays face down! Holly didn't crawl til 9.5 months, so not expecting anything before that!

:rofl: just imagining Evie thinking 'sod this' :cloud9:
Well done
Rosie :) clever girl.

Aw fishy poor little man sounds dreadful :hugs: x

I'm going to go and sort out the girls Santa sacks...
Has anyone else got a next slot? I'm trying so so hard to be good and only look at the things we NEED but gawd it's a tad hard!! I really am SKINT

Wow I just hopped on this thread I was last on in 2011 hope all of toe are well xxx

:hi: lovely to see you.

Got a shock at work yesterday , they have given me a 7.5% payrise as of January and regarded me to a higher level of management . Annual reviews aren't until June. Vim so pleased :). I know my boss has fought with group for 6 months on this.

JJ is loving his new car bed and sleeps in it the whole night. Main issue we seem to be having is he gets really upset when we go to leave him after story time screaming and crying I hate it :-(

Congratulations Jelly!

Harry's the same. He didn't go down until 10.30 last night! I ended up lying next to him until he went. I'm considering dropping his morning nap.

It's hardwork isn't it. Nursery still Make them nap in the afternoon so that's not stopping for another year yet. We are thinking of getting a cd player to play calm songs at bed time to see if that helps him settle as I think it's the darker room with no sounds and now in big bed he doesn't like.

Congratulations jelly! Well deserved if you ask me!!

I've been lucky with Lilia, I've always just put her down in her cot with the door shut, no nightlight apart from the little one that used to be on the side of her mobile, and she's never really fussed at bedtime.. In fact when we were last at Wayne's mums I forgot to take the monitor (still use it at home as we cant hear her from her room when downstairs...weve only had it a few months and it had songs on it so now we put music on for her, never used to!) anyway we forgot it so I thought I'd leave the door open a crack so she had a bit of light as we aren't there much (2/3 times a year) and thought she might feel scared but she shouted me and when I went in to her she said 'shut door mummy!' so she obviously is used to it!! I would find it very hard if she cried when I left the room too... She was always pretty good at self settling so I wonder if that is partof it?

Lilia has a nap in the afternoon probably 2 out of 3 days.. She's ok without it as long as she has had one the day before otherwise she gets extremely tired and grumpy! She's in bed at 7pm if she hasnt had a nap, and between 7 and 8 if she has. I hope Heidi is as good for me sleep/bedtime wise as Lilia has been!!

As always I am jealous of good bedtime chatter!! ;-) xx
Jelly, congrats toons on the pay rise. What a lovely way to end the year. Xx

Congratulations Jelly, great timing for you as well with a new baba arriving next year!

Holly has always been good at going to bed, but has been going through a phase of not wanting to go this last few weeks... we get "Holly NOT bed ANYMORE!!!" lol I have to put her in a couple of times but then she sleeps all night so not bad. She doesn't nap on playschool days, as we dont get back til gone 4 and it's too late them and I have noticed that she goes to bed with no problem on those days, so I think she is just outgrowing the need for a nap. She still will nap for a good couple of hours in the afternoon on non playschool days though! If I try to keep her up she gets really cranky, but is fine on playschool days!?

Evie has got a horrible cold and cough and I was up most of the night with her sleeping on my chest last night! Poor baby, I felt so bad for her!

Harry used to be brilliant and just turn over and go to sleep but now it's like we're torturing him. It started when he was ill around my due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->