September Stars

Harry woke up every 2 hours last night!! Agghhh!! Hoping it's just a growth spurt.

Yep, so did Sam! ZZzzzzzzzz!!

Proper blizzard conditions here, which only started when I was out with pram and dogs!! I am freezing cold and soaking wet!!

James slept well consider my last post woke for a feed twice...and i also wanted to say yesterday...

James is now in double figures...10 weeks old :) xx

We have quite bad snow here too :(

x

Aw bless, 10 weeks! Sam's 14 weeks today, where on earth has that time gone?

aww hugs to the ladies up every 2 hours!! Holly went down at 11 last night as usual but then woke up at 6 and decided to be awake for a bit and make a load of noise lol I got her in bed with us and she slept til 9.45 in the end. She usually stirs at 6, but usually goes back to sleep but I think it was wind bothering her as she did some massive farts when she woke up!! Hope it's not this 4 month sleep regression I've heard so much about!!

Speaking of 4 months, we're only a couple of weeks away from Holly being 4 months old and I wanted to ask what you ladies are going to do about weaning? I daren't ask in the baby forum as people get flamed for even mentioning weaning!! I know some people like to give porridge and rusks and things at 4 months and I always assumed that's what I would do with Holly as I didn't know any different, but when I was at baby clinic I overheard the HV giving a lady a really hard time for doing that and said you're meant to wait until 6 months and skip baby food all together, offer them adult food only?! I've never heard of this and now we're unsure what to do. I'd be interested to hear what you ladies are planning on doing and what the ladies with other children did?

xx

Awwww Rosalie was awake a lot last night also, think from 12-5am she woke up 4 times BOO!! Granted they were for like 1 min each but then thats what happens when you sleep in the same bed :)
Snow is awful here too i want to take Tabs out but it takes me like 30mins to get her dressed ARGH!

Well my hv is coming tomorrow to discuss weaning he is even 3 months yet!! lol...other funny thing is in my job i advice the parents on weaning!!

Emzy up until a couple of years ago babies were weaned at 4 months... this is now known at 'parent led weaning' weaning which stars at 6 months is 'baby led weaning'

parent led you give them pureed veg/fruit/baby rice to begin with just a few spoonfuls and slowly introduce new foods by 6 months they can basically have what you have for dinner but blended or mashed.

Baby led you give them mainly finger foods and every food is introduced at this point.

Im going to do baby led weaning with James as i feel im more in control of what and how much he is eating...funnily enough i was sat eating a banana yesterday and James was getting so excited so i put it to his mouth and he was licking it and smacking his lips :haha: I will cook up a batch of veg to begin with blend it and freeze each blended veg seperately so i can choose his veg for that meal (i.e. carrot & potato then potato & cauliflour next time) x

Yep, when Archie was weaned it started at 4 months, but then the guidelines changed when Jack was born to 6 months. I started with him about 20 weeks I think.

I've always gone the pureed veg/fruit, building up to pureed adult food, and it's been fine, but I know people who've gone the finger food way too.

With Sam, I'm going to follow his cues. I don't expect to hold out until 6 months as he's huge! But when he starts really playing up at night and going a lot shorter periods between feeds, I'll think about trying him with something.

Right, snow suits on, off to get Jack from nursery!

I went on a weaning class run by the NHS a couple of weeks ago. They now think any time between 4-6 months is when you should start. Basically at 6 months they should be having 3 meals a day so if you start the process, which needs to be very gradual, at 6 months you have to progress really quickly. The ideal time to start is apparently 5 months but it depends on the baby. If they're after more frequent feeds during the day at 4 months it may be that they're ready.

I have a chart of food they can have and when. I could try scanning and emailing it if you like? x

Thanks ladies. It's so bad that my HV hasn't even mentioned anything of the sort to me. I can't remember if I mentioned before but I don't even know who my HV is (I met one lady who said she wouldn't be my HV for much longer as she has leaving and the new one would be in touch but she never was) and I am apparently an outcast as I don't BF! My friend who lives up the road from me is under a different area and gets visits every month, when she asked her HV about the lack of support I've had she said that I don't get home visits as I don't BF!! What a load of balls! So I don't need support as I don't BF? Bah.

Anyway it's so hard to know what to do. I don't have a clue as no one has ever told me! I'll do a bit of research I think.

x

Fishy that would be great, thank you. I'll pm you my email addy x How did you find out about the weaning class?

Holly has started feeding more often and is taking a lot more milk. She's also taking an interest in my food a bit as well, so Matt was saying to try her on some mashed up rusk or banana when she hits 4 months, but then I told him about overhearing the HV giving that lady a hard time and so now we don't know what to do!

omg James has fed and im winding him and he was a bit sick and there was a bit of mucusy bloody there?????? he is full of cold so suppose it could just be that, if he has anymore i think il ring the docs!

tyler is already having rusks and hes only 9 weeks old! He has 8oz bottles every 3 hours then half a rusk at dinner time and another half before bed. Hes a very hungry baby but only weighs 10lb he takes after his daddy and has a very fast metabolism.

Jayden was the same though and started on rusks at 8 weeks.

Lilbumpblue, hope everything is ok x

Emzy, I was sent a letter from the NHS. Apparently they are stopping the classes after Christmas due to lack of funding. Maybe it's just a county thing? I will try and scan it tonight or tomorrow if that's ok?

Have just dressed Harry up to look all christmassy!! Have changed my avatar to show you!

Oh and was meant to say Emzy that that is terrible!! Firstly you not seeing a HV and secondly because they said it was due to you not BF!! Shocking. Maybe they thought if you BF you find it harder to get out?? Either way it's crazy. I've had the HV round 3 times with the offer of a further visit but 2 of them was as I had a c section. Now I go and see the HV when I get Harry weighed every two weeks.

F&C that pic of Harry is adorable!! He's so cute!!

Emzy that's rubbish. Our HV coverage here is poor too. Sam's has been twice, but if I want her now I need to book an appointment at clinic. When I saw her in the clinic a couple of weeks ago, she didn't even recognise me! Full caseload I guess!!

Fishy that's soo cute!! How sweet is that outfit!! I have a santa's little helper outfit for sale in 0-3 months if anyone is interested? Someone bought it for us not thinking Holly will not fit in it! Here's a piccy of it. If anyone is interested, make me an offer. I think it cost £7 new and it's still got the tags on.

I know, I go to baby clinic but they are not even bothered to talk to me, they just say "weight is fine, thanks" and once I asked them about Holly's eczema. I don't even know if they are HVs lol I'm going to write a complaint letter I think.

xx

Attachments

• santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 4
Fishy that photo is lovely... he looks scrumptious!
My HV is also pants to be honest! I have only seen her twice, when I go to baby clinic for her weighing, she doesn't recognise me although I have to say she was brilliantly supportive about me having to stop BFing which surprised me!

I too have NO CLUE about weaning! I have read all over that it's 6 months, but I'm not sure exactly what happens regarding bottles! They are still supposed to have the same amount of bottles I think once they're weaining right? I'm worried about it all to be honest as I don't know the first thing about it! I have also read though that until they are 2, nutrient wise all they need is milk so the food is supposed to support it rather than take over till that point?

They musn't have bottles or dummies over 1 year apparently but can't remember why. Something to do with them teething. So they need to be using cups by then. They can't have cow's milk as their drink until they're over a year so for fluids they need to be still on the boob or having formula plus can have water I think. They can have cow's milk mixed in to food though. First you start with something like baby rice and then you start to introduce other foods. They mustn't have salt, sugar, wheat until I think they're two... uummm.. trying to think of other things they said... I think the first few months are more about getting them used to tastes but then I think they need the nutrients as milk is not enough. I think I've got notes somewhere that they gave me.

Oh and apparently the advice was 6 months but it's changed again. They now think 6 months doesn't give their stomachs long enough to get used to the food before they need the nutrients from it. Before they thought their stomachs weren't developed enough to take food before 6 months!! It's crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->