September Sweet Peas- Join Here

When will baby "drop"? I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday and it still looks like I'm carrying him high up. He's head down and I feel alot of movement really low...sometimes it feels like he's headbutting my cervix! Has he already dropped and I don't know it? or is it something you definitely recognize when it happens? I've always heard with your first baby that they drop a few weeks before you go into labor...does this mean I'll be overdue?

My first dropped at 33 weeks and I definately noticed when he dropped. This time I was told baby was fully engaged without really noticing he'd dropped other than the pressure when I walked. Some babies can drop as you go into labour xx

Hi, this is my second and he/she dropped at around 36 weeks (I definitely felt the difference - like I had a ball between my legs!!). I'm 3/5ths engaged but my bump is still fairly high up and I can feel movements still in my ribs. I think it depends on how big baby is and what position they are lying in x

I can't really say I noticed my baby drop but everyone tells me it is obvious he or she has when they look at me now in comparison to a few weeks ago!

I'm getting so impatient to meet my little one now. D-day tomorrow and no signs that labour is anywhere close :shrug:

First.timer I just want to wish you good luck for tomorrow in case I don't manage to get on here later, you must be so excited. Can't wait to see pictures :happydance: xxx

Just in case i dont get on before you have your babies

mum2ben and first.timer - good luck and i hope everything goes well for both of you make sure you post pics of your little ones xx

thankyou so much ladies, i am SO excited i cant even explain! but im sure those of you who have had elective cesareans before know exactly how it feels!

Mom2ben, i am so excited and looking forward to being ward buddies! how will we recognise eachother :)?! x

yeah both in the same hosp one day apart though, ward buds! nice isnt it! x

thankyou ladies i am beyond excited! just taken my first lot of premeds and snuggling into bed for a super early night, this time tomorrow i will have my baby snuggled up with me purring away and i just cant believe how quickly everything has gone over the last 9 months. you have all been an amazing support to me through this pregnancy, its been hard for me being single and having alot of people in my real life think i made the wrong decision, so at some times its just been great to have people to be excited with me rather than "think of the future think of how skint you will be think how tired you will be blaaaaaaah" i guess the next time i post i will me a mum it just doesnt feel real! ill pop a quick announcement on here tomorrow to let you all know how it goes. BIG HUGS AND KISSES xxxxx

Can't wait to hear news from all booked in for c-sections, it's helping me get through these long boring days of waiting and waiting!

First.timer's LO has turned so she is now being induced instead of having a c-section! Hoping it's a quick one for her :)

Good luck first.timer and all you ladies in labour, inductions, having c-sections etc etc..

On September 4th, 2011 I finally gave birth to my little boy after 29 hours of labour! He is 7lbs 7ounces, lots of black hair and so beautiful he takes my breath away. :cloud9:
After a 2 day hospital say I am finally home and loving it. He is already a boobie monster..:haha:
It was a very intense labour.. got stalled at 7cm, after close to 24 hours.. was induced to bring contractions back..no pain relief through the whole labour, turns out I had a fever, though they didn't want to tell me. As I went into the pushing stage, baby boys heart beat dropped really really low, so they did a quick cut down there (oww.. no time for a local!!) and then i pushed for all I was worth and out he popped!
They had to take him off right away, but he came right back as he was perfect. No breathing problems.. apagar of 9!! So proud of myself.. and still consider it a wonderful experience even with the induction and the cut.
Now at home.. being taken care of by my wonderful OH.. think he is a little bit in awe of me at the moment.. :haha:

Not much time to be on here, but will check back as often as possible... :flower:

Aww congrats canadabear :) what did you call him?

I had a stretch and sweep today and have bulging waters, willing for them to pop but all the women in my family end up having them broken as they dont tend to go themselves :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->