September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Oh Maryanne- how terrifying! Did they say how long the bedrest would be for?

For now it's untill my scan next Tuesday, but then it depends on how long it takes the separation to heal. Think the fright was the worst part, as it happened when I was still in the dreaded week 18, was already nervous enough. Still at least I know it's nothing serious and shouldn't cause any complications. Thank you all for the well wishes, much appreciated!

Maryanne, I know many ladies who had small placenta separations or small tears on the placenta at different parts of their pregnancies (in some cases there wasn't even bleeding and it was just discovered during a routine scan) and they still went on to have healthy full term babies. Most of them were prescribed bed rest for a few days and up to 1-2 weeks and then it would heal on its own, just like you were told. As scary as it is, it's more common than we think and rarely causes complications. So just breathe and rest a lot - your body will take care of the rest :flower:

Rest up Maryanne and hopefully the placenta will heal quickly.

We get given a pregnancy notes pack that we take to all our appointments etc and this tells us exactly what weeks we book our appointments.

Once I've had my 20 week scan I'm going to start turning the spare room into my daughters new bedroom...can't wait to make it perfect for her. Then this new little bubs will have her current room.

So sorry Maryanne, I hope you are resting well & enjoying the down time!

Anatomy scan went great! She is still a she
.lol!! �� from what she could tell me everything looked good. Baby weighs 11 ounces and has all of her parts. I will know more tomorrow when I go for my OB appointment. The only pics she printed was her face (which is a little scary skeleton ) lol! A foot, and her bum (showing she's a girl again) so hopefully I will get some better ones tomorrow.

Lol aw she's a cute skeleton wantabby!

Maryanne - you poor thing that must have been scary especially with what happened with your angel daughter. Rest up sounds like everything will likely be fine!

Radiance - I have no words. You are in my thoughts. I don't know how one person can cope with so much loss. You are so unbelievably strong :hugs:.

Cute wantabby! Glad she's still a she and has all her parts :)

Yazzy - have fun decorating your little girls room!! I'm soo excited to decorate. Probably sometime in June.

Hello ladies,

Christi, my doctor does the appointments like that. I think that's pretty standard unless you're having issues. My fetoscope came today. I got the same one as you. I haven't tried it yet. I'll mess around with it when I get off. Stupid it's not what we were thinking. LOL!!

babyfeva, happy 20 weeks tomorrow!!! Halfway there!!

carebear, I'm sorry you're hating your doctor. I'm glad you get to see your OB next month though. Love that you're calling your baby leech. LOL!!

maryanne, I'm so sorry you had this scare!! It looks like all is going to be just fine though. Just rest and keep your feet up. Happy 19 weeks!!

wantabby, I'm glad she didn't grow an unexpected penis. LOL!! I love your scary face pic. She's going to look much prettier. LOL!!

AFM: I felt the biggest movement I've felt so far yesturday. I was standing up too and I stopped what I was doing it shocked me so much!! LOL!! My check up is tomorrow morning. I just want to get my anatomy/gender scan set up ALREADY!!! I'm trying so hard to be patient, but like I said, my doctor normally likes to do them at 22 weeks. I'm going to see if we can do it at like 21. LOL!! Fingers crossed!!

Wantabby - yay for a great anatomy scan! :happydance: Haha, they do look like skeletons at this stage! It's because they don't start putting on fat until week 25 or 26 or so. Still, it's a cute pic :kiss:

MrsR - glad your fetoscope came and hopefully you will have better luck! I haven't tried it again since Monday night with DH. Congrats on feeling a big movement, so wonderful! :hugs:
Hope you are successful setting up your gender scan a little earlier, that would be nice for you! Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

Hello ladies,

Christi, my doctor does the appointments like that. I think that's pretty standard unless you're having issues. My fetoscope came today. I got the same one as you. I haven't tried it yet. I'll mess around with it when I get off. Stupid it's not what we were thinking. LOL!!

carebear, I'm sorry you're hating your doctor. I'm glad you get to see your OB next month though. Love that you're calling your baby leech. LOL!!

maryanne, I'm so sorry you had this scare!! It looks like all is going to be just fine though. Just rest and keep your feet up. Happy 19 weeks!!

wantabby, I'm glad she didn't grow an unexpected penis. LOL!! I love your scary face pic. She's going to look much prettier. LOL!!

AFM: I felt the biggest movement I've felt so far yesturday. I was standing up too and I stopped what I was doing it shocked me so much!! LOL!! My check up is tomorrow morning. I just want to get my anatomy/gender scan set up ALREADY!!! I'm trying so hard to be patient, but like I said, my doctor normally likes to do them at 22 weeks. I'm going to see if we can do it at like 21. LOL!! Fingers crossed!!

It got that name in the beginning as the cute little peanut that was sucking the life outta me (tired all the time, nausea). Now my hubby refuses to call him/her anything but leech :dohh: He has huge anxiety about all this. He's always worried about providing for us. Wish he'd relax and enjoy sometimes but that's just how he is.

Hope everything goes well with your checkup and that you get your gender scan early!!

MrsR, my hubby was praying a penis had sprouted.. haha!! Maybe next time.. 😄

What a cute scan wantabby! Glad it went well!

Fingers crossed you get your gender scan a little earlier Mrs R! The wait must be killing you!

I bet you can't wait to start decorating yazzy! I know to can't wait to start little princesses nursery now. Going to be pink overload!!

Sorry the feta scope wasn't what you expected Christi. I was going to order one, might leave it a few more weeks before I do now though.

The wait is horrible between appointments isn't it carebear. I hate the wait just till scan next week so your wait must be really tough. I'm glad it's not just my husband that's anxious, all he does is worry about providing enough. Sometimes I wish he'd relax a bit!

Home from hospital now :) thank you again for all your kind words. Bed rest defo isn't for me. Bored already after 24 hours. My poor dh, I keep calling him upstairs every five mins or so just to give me cuddles so I'm not by myself. I can see this being a very long week for him! Lol.

Good luck tomorrow Mrs R!

Glad to hear you are home Maryanne xxx make sure that hubby takes good care of you!

Eeep! 20 weeks today!!!

Hello ladies,

It got that name in the beginning as the cute little peanut that was sucking the life outta me (tired all the time, nausea). Now my hubby refuses to call him/her anything but leech :dohh: He has huge anxiety about all this. He's always worried about providing for us. Wish he'd relax and enjoy sometimes but that's just how he is.

Hope everything goes well with your checkup and that you get your gender scan early!!

LOL! We call ours Parasite :winkwink:

^Oh good. Not the only one with a nickname like that!! Everyone seemed to have cute names.

Glad you're home and resting maryanne. I don't think I could handle bedrest either. Get lots of books, magazines, whatever you like best!

Happy 20 weeks bug! Halfway there!!

Wow 20 weeks bug!!! Congrats!

Maryanne good to hear you are home.

Mrs R I hope your fetoscope works for you soon.

Wantabby so glad your scan went well :)

I have an appointment with the consultant this afternoon, I'm sure it's just because of my ectopic and nothing else.

I've found a new bed for my daughter because baby will have her cot bed, it's very girly and sweet :) She has just moved up to the Montessori classroom in her nursery so hoping she settles in well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->