September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

My appointment went well. Got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I'm up 3-4 pounds. I don't have another appointment for another 4 weeks.

Third post in a row, but I had to share for anyone interested.

So, it turns out my fetoscope arrived today. I ordered it on Friday, so it came super fast. I only got the shipping notification this morning, but I guess it had already shipped. So that was good :thumbup:

Now, the low down: it came with no instructions whatsoever. I had to google to understand how it works, lol. And then, I was so disappointed. I guess someone else has to listen for you by placing their forehead on the head placing part of it (for lack of a better word). Since you can't do that to listen to your own belly, I guess I may be out of luck. I can always try to get hubby to listen for me (I sure will), but the whole point I thought was that it was a DIY thing for listening to the fetal heartbeat, just like the hand doppler, only lower tech. Plus I'm not sure hubby will be able to tell it's the baby's vs. my hb he'd be listening to. Needless to say, I tried to do it myself anyway, just putting the horn on my lower belly and could not hear one thing, not even my own hb. Then I stumbled on a forum where some women were saying it's really hard to do before 22-24 weeks, especially if you are a first timer, but seeing as I couldn't even find my own hb on it, I am convinced that the trick may be that you HAVE to do the forehead thing as well. Which means, someone else needs to listen for you! Which is all too bad! I thought it was such a neat tool, but it's so not what I expected.

Regardless, since it was this cheap, I'll be keeping it and I will keep trying (even with DH's help), just being prepared that we may not even find a hb on it for several more weeks :wacko:
Oh well, at least I'm feeling baby movements now, so that in itself is reassuring!

Babyfeva - congrats on a good appointment!

babyfeva- congrats on a good appointment!

Christi- boo that's disappointing :( hopefully your hubby can hear it!

Congrats on the great appointment babyfeva!

Too bad it didn't work christi. Hope your hubby can hear!!

Christi, I'm sooooooo bummed about the fetoscope because I ordered it this morning!!! LOL!!! :dohh: Well dang it...I'll have to see if my honey will try to listen I guess.

tooth_fairy, thank you!! Yay for 19 weeks!!

babyfeva, I'm glad your appointment went well. My check up is on Thursday. I think I'm up a bit too in the weight department. My appointments have been every 4 weeks too. :growlmad:

I second the frustration for appointments every 4 weeks :wacko: It feels way too long between appointments. Lucky for me, this time I had my 18 week appointment last week (a little earlier due to the bleeding episode), then I have my anatomy scan 2 weeks after that, and then another regular OB appointment at 22 weeks, so this time they are spaced out better.

Speaking of, does anyone know if appointments are supposed to become more frequent once we hit the 3rd trimester? My MIL has told me that when she was pregnant to both her children she was being seen once/month for the first 2 trimesters, then every other week on the 7th and 8th month, and then once/week once she hit her 9th month and until she went into labor. Of course that was more than 30 years ago, but it does seem logical to me. So I hope it's still the same nowadays.

Christi, that's accurate. My practice is every two weeks from 28 to 36 weeks, then switch to once-a-week visits until you deliver.

Good to hear you had a good appointment babyfeva.

Sorry to hear the fetoscope wasn't what you were expecting Christi.

After my 20 week scan I don't get another appointment for 8 weeks!! I can book in earlier if I feel I need to see a midwife but once you've already had a baby they don't see you as often.

I haven't seen my doc since March 10 and little leech since 11+4 and I'm not getting in to see my doc till April 29th!
I guess that's my fault since I had to reschedule an appointment but the receptionist didn't seem to care it'll be almost 8 weeks in between.
Can't wait to see my OB next month and start getting regular visits! I'm really starting to hate my doctor...
I also heard you start seeing them more often in the third tri.

^ just as I get all cranky and rant-y, little leech let's me know it's all good with some tiny nudges :cloud9:

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well and if I've missed any appointments or announcements I do apologise. Been in hospital due to a small separation of the placenta which caused an episode of pretty heavy bleeding. Of course I went into panic mode after what happened in this stage of my pregnancy with my angel daughter but the consultant has assured me that it's nothing serious and as long as I stick to bed rest then it should heal with no complications. Hopefully be out of hospital tomorrow and then will have a scan next week to see how things are going.

Oh no, Maryanne! Take care and get lots of rest and stay hydrated! I'll be thinking of you.

Oh I'm so sorry Maryanne! :hugs:
But very glad things are ok now and that you're due out of the hospital soon :flower:
I know how scary it can be and my recent bleed wasn't even a lot and turned to brown just hours later (and we never established what caused it - doctor said maybe just a burst vessel), yet I was still petrified! I can't believe it also happened to you at around the same time you had your previous loss. Anyway, time to put everything behind you and start enjoying the rest of your pregnancy now that you've passed that sad milestone :thumbup:
Happy 19 weeks to both of us! :flower:

Re the fetoscope: I had DH try it last night. He applied some pressure with his hand where the head part is and I was able to listen to HIS hb, but still couldn't find mine :wacko: Needless to say, we were unable to find the baby's hb too :wacko: Oh well, we can keep trying until we (maybe) get it. At least it was some progress, because when I did it myself I could hear absolutely nothing! :haha:

Thanks ladies - glad to hear that appointments will be getting more frequent in just a short 2 months or less :thumbup: Now I'll only have to endure one more long wait between my 22 and my 26 week appointments, and after that it will be easier. So not that bad really, I shouldn't be complaining :blush:
I don't know how you ladies do it with 8 weeks between appointments. Kudos to you! :thumbup:

Oh Maryanne- how terrifying! Did they say how long the bedrest would be for?

Hope everything is OK Maryanne, get lots of rest. :hugs:

Glad you had a good appointment babyfeva!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->