September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Great news Carebear!

Maryanne, how awesome that you get to see baby tomorrow!

I had my 6 month prenatal appt today. All seems great so far. Baby girl kicked while the doctor listened to her heartbeat. I'm up 9 pounds which is great because at this point with my son I was up 15 pounds. I was given a lab slip to do my glucose test in about 2 weeks.
Unfortunately, my son and I have been sick since Saturday. We got sick from my hubby. I just wanna feel better already!

Good luck with ur ultrasound tomorrow maryanne!

Hope u and ur son feel better soon babyfeva :flower: glad ur appointment went well!

Great news Carebear! :thumbup:

Maryanne - good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Hope all is well! Keep us posted! :flower:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well babyfeva. Hope you feel better soon! Glad to hear your appointment went well though.

AFM: Nothing much to report. Don't have another appointment for another 3 weeks, but I suspect (and hope) time will go faster this time and from now on, since I'm feeling the baby much more consistently in the past month or so (still not a set pattern of movement, but I do feel him daily). I'm going to have the dreaded glucose test at my next appointment at 26 weeks (OB's office does blood draws as well, which is very convenient). Also excited I'm hitting 23 weeks tomorrow :thumbup: One more week down :thumbup:

Question about the viability mark since Maryanne mentioned it: is that considered to be 24 weeks? I think that's what my doctor has as his minimum mark, but I remember a while back I had read that survival rates outside the uterus at 24 weeks vary between 40 and 70%, but at 28 weeks they jump to over 90% (that's more to my liking :winkwink:). Though obviously, like all of us, I hope baby stays put in there 'till term. My Mom has booked her flights to come stay with us for about 2 months to help, and the day she's landing I'll be 37w5d, so I've told the baby he's not allowed to come out until after that date, lol :haha:

Carebear you for your great appointment, I hope they get all the measurements they need at your next scan.

Maryanne good luck at your appointment today, let us know how it goes. And you for being so close to the 24 week mark!!

Christi that will be nice having your mum come and stay with you to help in the early days. My mum lives 5 min walk from my house and she helps loads with my daughter if needed and my lo loves spending time with her too.

Afm I'm just bimbling along, I don't have another appointment for about 7 weeks but then they get a bit more regular. We are starting to think of names, really not keen on oh girls names lol but we have a while to decide a boy and girl name.
Getting lots of movement which is great, I absolutely love it!!

Any updates from the rest of the ladies?

Not a whole lot to say here, honestly. Baby boy is wiggling up a storm and hubby got to feel it from outside which was great :)
I believe we've picked Harrison for a first name, and are looking for a middle name but Nicholas seemed promising earlier tonight....so maybe Harrison Nicholas Goodhart?
Oh, and I gave up and let hubby have the damn pirate/nautical/whale themed nursery. It is cute, and I figured anything to keep him excited, lol. Now I guess we have to actually buy the furniture and start moving the office equipment out of baby's room, and I can't do that on my own anymore!
Speaking of buying, I did buy a designer collection blue lotus Ergo on Zulily for $60 which I'm pretty excited about! I didn't start wearing Sean until he was 4, so I'm looking forward to wearing this little person while he's still little ;)

Christi - I agree completely! They say viability is 24 weeks but survival is low and does jump way up after 28 so while I'll be happy to reach 24, I'll definitely be looking way ahead to the next milestone!

Love Harrison Nicholas!! :thumbup: DH nixed my fave name so I was pretty sad about it. He likes plain names so we've got a list of about 5 names. Evan, Joshua, Bradley, Lucas, or Daniel. We might be taking that list all the way to delivery. Roger will be the middle name after his late uncle. That's all he really wanted was the middle name. It didn't take much convincing that he had to at least like the baby's first name. It will be his name for life! I really like Dominic. That was my fave. But he scratched out that one, Spencer and Zachary off the list :(

I think a pirate theme will be cute MrsGH. We decided on nursery bedding called 'Go Teddy Go'. Teddy bears driving in cars, trains and airplanes. It's super cute and it's got lots of blue so we'll be painting the room blue. I can't wait!

Hi.ladies, I haven't been around for a while. I'm just so busy! I have a definite due date in October but I'll have baby in September so I hope you don't mind me sticking around. I have my next scan in 5 days and I hope to find out the gender then too.

Harrison is lovely Mrs GH! It was on my list for if we had a boy, I think it's such a cool name!

I imagine your mum staying will be such a help Christi. Lovely to have family to help in the first few weeks. My dh is getting three weeks leave once baby arrives, cannot wait for that time together as a family.

Good luck for your scan 28329!

My scan went well today. Although placenta hasn't healed there's no areas of new bleeding and although little lady is still behind she's still doing fine. She's such a little fighter. She was sucking her thumb on today's scan and yawning. It was amazing to see.

Yay for little princess doing well and for no new bleeding Maryanne! :happydance:
Hope your placenta starts healing up soon!

Love the name Harrison Nicholas MrsG! :flower:

carebear - I love all the names on your list :flower:

28329 - welcome back and best of luck at your upcoming scan!

Awesome news maryanne! So glad little miss is doing well and there is no new tears. Have you asked if there is anything you can take to help heal, like iron to build up you red blood cells, or something to help with connective tissue healing??

Yes I've been reading up on things that can possibly help but my consultant won't get on side with any of things I've suggested. He just said to rest as much as possible, no sex and not to lift anything over 10 pounds. He said the reason it's not healing is as the part that's separated away is the part that was attached to the cervix and as the cervix is constantly moving and stretching with everyday activities such as walking it's having a hard time healing. But I'm guessing by the fact that it's not bleeding anymore is a sign that it may be on the way to healing.

Hope everyone else is well!!

Hello ladies, I've been so busy I haven't been on in about a week, but all is well here.

carebear, I'm glad your little one is doing well. I've gotten a bit of swelling my my fingers and my wedding ring is a bit tight, so I haven't been wearing it. :cry:

babyfeva, I'm so glad your little lady is looking good. I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Christi, I'm glad you're doing well.

Mrsgoodhart, I love Harrison!

28329, welcome back and glad all is well.

maryanne, I'm so glad your scan went well and your little one is looking good, even if a tad behind. Just keep taking it easy.

I hope I didn't miss anyone...I'm so sorry if I did.

Mrs. R- I've started swelling too. Nothing crazy- ankles are a little tight after a night at work but still not cankles. Fingers were okay until hubby and I took a couple mile long walk on Mother's Day (my idea if you can believe that) in 85 degree weather. I had total sausage fingers, couldn't get my rings off for a couple hours, had to leave them off for a couple days, and now it's too tight to wear both my engagement ring and wedding band both, so I'm sticking with my wedding band. When that gets too tight I have a couple cheap bands in bigger sizes I can substitute. I wasn't married with my first baby and I am this time, and feel the need to "prove" it, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->