September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Hey ladies, I had an appointment today, baby girl is doing Great! She's weighing 1.5lbs right now.. (chunky butt!):haha: I will have my sugar test Monday @24 weeks due to my P.C.O.S. and glucose intolerance. I will also be going for my OB visits every 3 weeks now.. I haven't had any swelling yet, but I do feel like I have gained a lot of weight. (14lbs):blush: but my doctor says we are both on track with our weight/growth, I never had bad nausea and no vomiting in the beginning so maybe that's why?!?! Here is a pic from today she was asleep, it is 1/2 her face.. (fat cheeks) 💖

2015-05-15_19.24.48.jpg

Great news wantabby!! :thumbup:

I will also have the glucose test at my next appointment at 26 weeks. I think it's pretty standard and everyone has to do it between 24-28 weeks, not just those women in higher risk.

Lovely wantabby!

My next appointment is in 2 weeks. I'm guessing they will do schedule my gd test then. 24 weeks today. I can't believe it!!

Beautiful pic wantabby! Glad all is well with your lo! In the Part of the UK im in they don't do the glucose test as standard. Only if their is a concern with baby or a history of diabeties.

Congrats on 24 weeks cutie!

Very cute wantabby!!

Congrats on 24 weeks cutie!!

I felt first kicks from the outside yesterday :cloud9: I was reading and resting both hands on my belly and one of them bounced just as I felt a little thump on the inside. My DH and dad are gone fishing. So wish he'd been here to feel it. It's the long weekend here in Canada so I'm keeping my mom company and going to see Pitch Perfect 2 tonight :)

Happy 24 weeks Cutie!

Yay for feeling baby on the outside Carebear. Let me know if the movie is good. Thinking of watching it next weekend.

I have to do my glucose test in 2 weeks also.

We don't have a glucose test here either unless there is an issue with urine sample or other symptoms.

Yay carebear for feeling baby on the outside, I could sit for ages doing that, I love it!

Wantabby so pleased your appointment went well, that's great news and baby is a really good weight!

DH has told me twice that he felt kicks but I didn't feel it internally so I questioned if he really felt it. I didn't tell him though. Didn't want to kill his joy lol. Today though I called him over because baby was kicking pretty hard and we both felt it at the same time. Absolutely amazing moment!

Awww! Sweet fat little half a face, lol

I'll be doing the glucose tolerance test AGAIN on Wednesday at 24+4....I did it once around 12 weeks and passed with no problems, so I questioned my OB as to why I will be doing it again when I did well the first time- she explained that the first test was to check for underlying/preexisting diabetes and this one will screen for gestational diabetes. I think that's a little ridiculous, and will not be happy if I end up having to do the three hour test, but whatever I guess!

In other news we decided on Harrison Cole, for sure. I like it :) and I think I might go tomorrow and buy some wooden letters and paint them for his wall.

Thank you ladies! I feel so blessed to have a healthy baby growing in my body! She is getting stronger everyday, I feel her more and more. I am in a little bit of panic mode because we don't really have any of her room together. . Ughh.. am I the only one?

Wantabby we don't have anything ready in the room for baby as my daughter is still in there lol.
Planning on getting the spare room ready for my my daughter to move into in July/August and then will organise the nursery.

MrsGH :thumbup: Harrison Cole is awesome too :)

Babyfeva - Pitch Perfect 2 = soooo funny :) loved it!

I don't have anything for my nursery yet wantabby. We have plans to do our registry and pick stuff next weekend

Mrs G, lovely name.

We haven't done anything at all to prep for this little one. It's so much different the second time around. I know it'll eventually get done, haha. My sister is due in 1 week and I'm so excited to see my new nephew already.

I have furniture ordered but nothing is done in mine either!

I cleared out the room and painted it- now it is full again with boxes of DS baby stuff I need to sort through

My next two weeks will be devoted to cleaning it out. Got a wall decal that needs to come down and I'm hoping we don't have to paint it. If so, I'll probably just put some artwork over it. Me no like home projects!

Nice name MrsG! :thumbup:

Wantabby - we haven't done anything with baby's room yet. We'll be doing most of the furniture shopping next month, however since he'll be sleeping in our bedroom for however long for breastfeeding through the night as needed, I'm mostly concerned about finding a good co-sleeping bassinet that attaches to our bed more than anything else. His nursery will just be his changing/play room for quite a while anyway :winkwink:

About the glucose test - does anyone know if you're able to opt out of it in the US or take it an alternative way? I'm really not keen on putting 50 grams of synthetic sugar in my body all at once, especially since I've been following a healthy diet throughout my pregnancy and I've been having very minimal amounts of sugar all along (and only real unprocessed sugar when it comes to that, not the high fructose type corn syrup that this mixture contains). So if I had a way of opting out or doing it in a healthier way, I'd rather go for that. My test is supposed to be done at my next OB appointment on 6/2 (at exactly 26 weeks along).

I have done next to nothing to prepare for this little guy. His room still has all our office stuff in it- a computer, white board, two bookcases and tubs of stuff that need dealt with in some way. There ARE at least two tubs of baby supplies amidst it all- mostly just clothes and a couple packs of diapers and some wipes I've gotten so far.

We have no nursery furniture other than a rocking armchair I found for a great price and couldn't turn down. I did buy some decals for his wall the other day but they're not here yet and there's no point putting them up until we move some stuff out.

Christi- I think there are ways of getting around the glucose test drink, like a certain number of jellybeans or a few marshmallows, etc., but I don't know that that would be any better than the drink if you're opposed to the processed sugar! It's worth a google though, and if you do find a suitable alternative you might want to call and talk with someone about it prior to your appointment- or I suppose you could always just refuse, too.

Gorgeous name Mrs g! I love it!

We have all we need for baby now but we really need to start decorating and getting things in order. Hopefully get dh to start it this week. Don't know why but really have that panicky feeling of wanting it all sorted now. Even made a start on my hopital bag today. I forgot how much you need to take!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->