September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

You got this bug! I'm with you. Call me naive but if the doctor doesn't tell me to worry, on most things I dont! I do always look at the scale during appointments out of curiousty, but my body is free to do what it needs to.

28329 did they give you reasons why they refused the c - section? If your baby was lost due to something happening during the birth I cannot see why they would refuse you?

Our daughter died due to a placental abruption during Labour at 41 weeks then my fiancé see me bleed so much that he almost see me die too. She said that I will be induced at 38 weeks but a section wouldn't be until 39 weeks. She also said that the recovery is longer. Didn't even bother asking about my feelings or anything. But it's something I have really thought through.

Why would they induce at 38 but not section?? Makes no sense! My son was a section at 38 weeks. Yes the recovery is longer as it is major surgery but if it is what you have talked about with your DH and though about as you obviously have then you should be able to have some say!

Cutie- exactly- I trust my Drs judgement. I spend enough time around Drs working where I do to know which ones I can trust. If she isn't concerned then neither am I.

That's exactly what I thought but before I could tell her my reasons she said no and went on about induction. I see my midwife again in a couple weeks so maybe she'll listen to me.

I would be finding a second opinion 28329! I would do what makes you feel comfortable, it's not worth the panic/anxiety to you or baby!

28329 - Congrats on team pink and very sorry to hear about your previous loss! I can't imagine going through that kind of pain at full term, let alone almost dying in the process. I am a big advocate of natural delivery if there's no reason for intervention, however you have more than a good reason to ask for an elective c-section if that is going to make you feel safer and not bring back traumatic memories. This consultant sounds very insensitive to say the least, so definitely ask for a second opinion if you have that option!

Good luck on your 3 hour glucose test Bug! :flower:

Congrats on your sister babyfeva! :flower:

Hello ladies,

wantabby, so glad your test came back normal. I have mine next Wednesday. Fingers crossed!!

Christi, I'm so glad you don't have any fluid leaking, but such a pain to have infections. Hoping they clear up quick for you.

Mrsgoodhart, I wasn't happy with my pre-pregnancy body either, so it's been really hard for me. But I am taking care of myself and Lincoln so he's healthy and strong. I have told myself once he's here safely I can focus on my weight.

28329, congrats on team pink!! I am so sorry to hear they didn't listen to your concerns. I think if that's the route you want to go, especially with your history, you should have that option.

Double posting because I know most of you aren't in my journal.

Had a doctors appointment today. Heart rate was great. Took my GD test so I should find out about that next week. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.

My tummy measured a little big for 25w4d and I'm up 20lb so she gave me the "I want you to stay under 35lb talk" but overall a good appointment!

I was a little down about the weight comment at first but I'm not stressing and she wasn't concerned. I'm going to cut back where I see fit and make sure me and baby are healthy.

In other news, today is furniture moving day and the crib comes tomorrow! Monday we attend our first L&D class. Things are moving right along!

Great news cutie! :thumbup:
Good luck with your GD test results. Mine's on Tuesday, fingers crossed!

Sorry you got a little stressed about the weight comment - it's common for doctors to say these things. Just do the best you can :flower:

Must be so exciting to be getting the baby furniture in! :thumbup:

We had out first L&D class on Tuesday and more to follow. It was much fun! :flower:

I wouldn't worry about the weight comment. As long as you and baby are healthy, everything is great! :thumbup:

Our prenatal classes are June 13/14. I'm excited for it. Plus I finally got through to my hospital and the lady I talked to was super nice this time. Booked in to pre-register and tour the labour rooms on June 27.

I got our furniture on order now :) Hopefully it will be in soon. I go into baby's room all the time and it's so empty! Hope you will all share pics as your baby rooms are complete :)

Baby had the hiccups this morning. Poor guy! That was a creepy feeling :haha:

We're all nearing or surpassed to double digits in our countdowns!! That's exciting :happydance:

Eeek 24 weeks today...so excited!

For 2 days I have been sooo hungry I just can't stop eating, anyone else feel like this?!

Congrats on 24 weeks yazzy!! :happydance:

I'm like that and I've been for the past few weeks. Funny thing is, it doesn't happen every day, just maybe 2-3 times every week, and the rest of the days I'm fine. But I do get this extreme hunger feeling every couple of days, that's for sure, and when I do, I seem to run out of options of what to eat since I try everything that's in the house :haha:. I guess the little one is just growing. For a few weeks in the beginning of the second trimester (between around weeks 14-19) I had very decreased appetite and was kinda worried, so now it feels good to have a healthy (often very healthy :winkwink:) appetite again.

I get days where I wanna eat everything and anything all the time :)

Congrats on 24 weeks yazzy!

Cutie best of luck on your test results. I have mine on Monday. I'm up about 12 pounds now but feel huge. My belly is starting to get in the way.

Thanks christi and carebear...I'm glad it's not just me lol!

I know I'm a little late posting but just saw this, I've gained 14 pounds already so got a little lecture from my doc last pregnancy I didn't have any issues with gaining too much :(

Hope you all are doing fabulous!

AFM- planning Ava's 1st Birthday party so quite busy!

Toothfairy, 14 pounds seems healthy. Best of luck on planning your daughters party!

Congrats on 24 weeks yazzy! I've been really hungry too. I literally seem to be eating constantly the last few days but I'm just going with it. So nice to be able to enjoy food again without being sick. Dreading getting on the scales at the midwife appointment this week though lol.

Good luck with the party planning tooth!

Can't believe we are all so far along now! 26 weeks tomorrow for me!! Eeeek!! Honestly can't believe it. Scan went well today, no areas of new bleeding, placenta looks like it's healing although it's still totally covering the cervix opening. So still looks like I need a Caesarian but as long as she's healthy I don't mind. She's still slightly behind but has grown more this week than in past weeks, which im guessing is cause things are healing up :) 3d scan saturday! I honestly can't wait.

Hope everyone else is well!!

Well I failed the first GD test and have to do the 3 hour :(

And my iron is low. She suggested more iron foods but not low enough for iron supplements yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->