September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Thanks cutieq...yeah we'll see what my first levels are at and then go from there. I'm going to call them here in a bit to see if they got my results back and to ask them their reasons for only checking one time. But I was talking with my DH last night and he said it really doesn't matter whether they check them again because they did last time and I mc'd anyways. So whether they were checked or not, it doesn't change anything. I hate how he makes so much sense sometimes!! LOL!! But we'll see. I'm so anxious to hear where I'm at. I took yet another dollar store test this morning out of fear. :cry:

My DH always uses logic and it's almost always spot on but he's right. It may not change things, but it sure as heck can comfort our fears temporarily!

Eagerly waiting for your update.

Appt this morning was uneventful- referral made to the maternity clinic but first appt isn't until Jan 22 so no early apps for me either. Did convince him to do betas so first bloodwork was drawn and hopefully I will be able to check the results before I head to work tonight. The bad part of the appt was that I have a growth on my thyroid that is going to have to be biopsied sometime in the next few weeks.

Welcome to a wonderful group knobby!

I really hope you can get your results today Mrs Reineke! I hate when my Dh gets all logical - drives me nutty!

Happy new year ladies!

Sorry about the thyroid bug is that outpatient? Glad you get bloods and can get a little comfort from those.

Yeah it will be an out pt surgical procedure

Well it sounds like most of us are going in around 8 weeks even with having previous losses, so that makes me feel better!! :happydance: Bug I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid, but those things are easily fixed! :thumbup: One of my friends that lives in Canada said that the doctors there only do one HCG check and never a 2nd one if all looks well. She said one of her friends has had 2 mc and was only checked once intially. So that makes me feel better. Plus I read online to not make a huge deal of these numbers because they vary so much from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy even. So that makes me feel better as well. Still don't know where I stand and I'm eagerly waiting!! :wacko:

Bug ~ Sorry about your thyroid! My sis had a 2cm thyroid cyst drained over the summer. Endocrinologist said they see them often, sending +ve wishes your way xoxo. Yay for labs being drawn...and our 1st appts on the same day! Bring on Jan 22!!

Mrs R ~ it's tough to tell what is going on if they only run 1 set of Betas. I was surprised my Dr didn't order repeats for me immediately either! When I was going to a RE it was standard to do a 48 hr repeat. I guess there isn't "standard procedure" in this process :shrug:

Afm ~ I called to see if my labs are in.
Nurse: They are in with the Dr for review.
Me: (in my head, wth?) Ok *dramatic pause* so I don't need a diagnosis just yet...can you tell me what numbers you see on the screen? You'll be closed tomorrow, I just need numbers.
Nurse: (hesitation) two two nine
Me : And progesterone
Nurse: 26
Me: Thank you Happy New Year!
Was afraid she wouldn't tell me! So 1st Betas 229...I wonder if the Dr will request a second draw---guess that's why it's in for review!

:wave: Hope everyone has a great New Year's!

nice numbers! Mine were in review with the doctor too when she gave them to me. I think it's standard procedure. She gave me mine, then went to talk to the doctor and then called me back to say everything was ok.

I asked the same thing... "can someone just read me the numbers on the screen"

I still haven't received the "official" call and it's closing time! I know the nurse can't diagnose the obvious, but sadly when it isn't your first rodeo you just want to know which way things are progressing...I'm good knowing my progesterone is up there. Grow LO grow!

That's a great number xoxo!

I'm not feeling so positive today after my latest results from this morning.

So as I said before my first beta was 728 at 16 DPO and progesterone was 17.5

Today, 18 DPO (40 hours after last draw), my beta is 1050 and progesterone dropped down to 15.

So I did start on the progesterone suppositories today but with a doubling time of 75 hours I'm feeling like I should be preparing myself for loss #5 :cry:.

I've come across stories of people being in a similar position with a happy ending but seems to be a rarity. And I'm like the unluckiest person I know so just feeling so defeated today. Haven't even gotten out of bed don't know what to do with myself.

Going in again Friday for a third draw.

Confuzion ~ :hugs: Keep growing LO!! I pray you get to be one of those rare stories!

Thanks hon. I doubt it. I'll be thinking of you ladies and maybe popping in to lurk occasionally but I'll be taking a little break to try and get my mind off of this madness.

I'll be back to let you all know the results on Friday.

Happy New Years!

Trying to get all caught up. Sorry if I miss anyone.

Mrs R, I'm glad you made it in for your blood test. To repeat what others have said I'm sure it's different for every office in regards to how often betas are checked. Will be waiting to hear your results!

Welcome Knobby and congrats! I think I remember you from a past thread earlier this year.

Bug, I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid, hopefully it's not anything serious. Will be waiting for your updates.

Happy New Years love. I can only imagine what you're going through mentally. My DH keeps repeating to me faith, not science. I know how things look on paper but I do believe in miracles so you will be in my prayers.

Thank you xoxo and I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Your numbers look great. I'm still anxiously waiting for mine!! :wacko:

confuzion, not all ladies HCG numbers double perfectly. That's why I think some doctors only do one check unless there is reason to do another one. Hang in there and I'm praying for you!!

Thank you babyfeva!

Confuzion, sweetie I'm sorry that you're numbers aren't as high as you would want them to be. I know right now you don't feel optimistic but I'm rooting for you. I really hope that your little bean sticks. Im looking forward to great news on Friday.

I had my second draw today and even though they put STAT on it, I'm still not going to get my results until Monday! Well that day will also be my confirmation of pregnancy appointent. I'm trying to look at it as hopefully hearing good news in the New Year since 2014 was not my year.

confuzion, since you're over 1000 will you get a scan as well? I hope you get good news Friday.

Update:

Ok I got my results back:

HCG-802
Progesterone-28.65

I'm in shock. My highest HCG level last time was 77 at about this same time, possibly a bit further along. The nurse did say they are going to check them again on Friday, I asked if I should be concerned and she said no...they always do that. So the receptionist and lab lady didn't know what they were talking about I guess. So hoping for doubling numbers. I was 4 weeks 1 day yesterday when I had them checked. They were checked at almost 6pm though, so close to 4 weeks 2 days I guess. Does that seem high to any of you? I think I implanted early because I got my BFP at 9dpo, so maybe that's why? Of course now there's something new to worry about!!!!! I think my progesterone looks good though right? I'm not on supplements or anything. Also I had my follow up with the blood clotting doctor and my levels were the same as before, she said they literally are just the slightest bit abnormal and that she wouldn't recommed me taking Lovenox injections because it's not proven that it would do anything for me as far as mc goes and the reason they give them to ladies in pregnancy is to prevent them from getting blood clots. So she said she'll let my doctor know and my levels can be checked every couple months throughout pregnancy and if they happen to increase into the for sure abnormal range, then she'll put me on it. But in the meantime doesn't feel it would do a thing and there's obviously risk when taking blood thinners. So told me to just keep doing what I'm doing for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->