September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

How exciting maryanne and carebear! :happydance:
Can't wait to hear what you're both having after you find out!!

I changed my mind a lot too. In the early weeks I was convinced it was a girl. Then I started thinking boy, particularly after my 10 week scan. For some reason it looked like a boy to me :haha: Then I thought girl again for a day or two, until my acupuncturist guessed boy based on my pulse. After that I was certain it was a boy, lol, and I wasn't surprised in the least when the tech said 'boy' at my NT scan at 13 weeks :haha: I was like 'I knew that already', lol.

Is anyone planning on having their children be in the room during the delivery? Has anyone done it before?

Radiance I won't have my daughter in the room, not sure the hospital would allow it. Knowing what my daughter is like it would terrify her and I'd be trying to make sure she is ok the whole time.

Exciting for all of you finding out the gender. I'm still determined to stay team yellow but the oh wants to know! I feel a bit bad, ultimately I have the last say but I really want a surprise after going through labour :)

Radiance no I won't be having my son in the room. He's 9 and has asked can he but I just don't think it's appropriate for him to see. I don't think he's old enough to fully understand what's going on and seeing me in pain I'm certain would scare him. Not even sure our hospital would allow it. Everyone will have different views on the subject, but everyone knows what's best for their own children.

Yazzy I wanted to stay team yellow too. But my dh really wanted to find out the sex. He didn't kick up a fuss though when I said I didn't want to find out. I just could tell he was disappointed. But then the HG started and I was so poorly and he was an absolute star. He would sit there for hours with me holding my hair back when I was being sick and go get wet cloths to cool me down when I had night sweats when I was sleeping. He even did a two am drive to tescos just to get me strawberries when I woke up once in the night craving them. So I decided to book a private scan for us to find out just to say thank you to him. He was like a little child at xmas when he opened the envelope and saw what it was. Was so so cute. Still slightly envious of the team yellow ladies though!

My scan is today!!!!!! This is the first time I haven't been terrified to go to the doctor, I'm excited.... which kind of scares me..lol!! I will update in a bit!

As far as birthing plan, I have no idea.. :/

Good luck wantabby! Looking forward to your update! :thumbup:

Radiance - I think it depends on the parents and the hospital's policy on allowing siblings to attend delivery. At the hospital tour we took the other day, a couple asked that specific question (they already had a toddler). The answer was that, while it is allowed and ultimately it's up to the parents to decide, they don't recommend it for young children (they didn't specify how young is 'young', so I'd also assume it depends on the child's maturity). The reason they gave was that it can be anything from long and boring all the way to totally scary and traumatizing for them (seeing Mommy in such pain etc). Then again, if you look on the Internet, a lot of mothers report positive experiences from having their children experience their sibling's birth. This is the first child for me, so I don't have that dilemma. I think if I already had an older child I wouldn't have them with me for fear it could be traumatizing. But that's a very personal opinion, I wouldn't judge anyone who would choose to go the opposite way. I don't think there's a 100% right or wrong way to go in such things.

Can't wait to hear wantabby!

yazzy, I know a lady that let the doc tell her DH but they didn't tell her. I would suck at keeping a secret like that but they're almost due and he hasn't spilled it yet.

Good morning ladies,

Christi, you think just like me when it comes to your worries. I'm HORRIBLE!!! Like waiting for my quad screen results is giving me anxiety!! Happy 16 weeks!!!

maryanne, I think a water birth would be awesome!! I don't know if my hospital offers that though? Happy 16 weeks and your husband sounds amazing!!

babyfeva, thank you. I'm praying my results come back good too.

carebear, I love my doppler! Congrats on the maternity leave. Here in the US and at my job they'll give us up to 12 weeks off, but it's unpaid!! Sucks!! So I'm saving my vacation and sick leave to help out. I'll probably only be able to take about 8 weeks off though.

wantabby, good luck with your scan today!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Hey ladies!! Thank you for the well wishes!! Baby looked great!! Thank God!! He/She is measuring right on schedule. My doctor is so amazing, she was very through. She showed me the heart (154bpm), diaphragm, stomach, hands, everything she came across..lol! She said baby was measuring great, and had a good strong hb!! :cloud9: She was able to find out the gender > 95% < sure. So those scan pics and gender are in an envelope for 10 days! It's already killing me!! Haha!! Here is today's profile picture!

2015-03-25_13.15.16.jpg

Awesome news wantabby!! :happydance: So happy for you!! :happydance:

Aww, sucks that you have to wait 10 days to find out the gender!! Is this some sort of a government/legal stipulation that doesn't allow the doctor to tell you right there and then? Were you able to get any glimpses yourself during the scan that could give you a hint? Both hubby and I saw our little one's penis on the scan a few times before we were told it was indeed a boy. None of us said anything at the time, thinking that we may be wrong/looking at the wrong thing, but it turned out we were right :winkwink: We just told each other after the scan and it turns out we had both seen the same thing.

Oh no Christi.. lol!! We are having a gender reveal party, and I want everyone to find out together. My mother will be coming in next weekend and that's when we will do it. I turned my head during that part of the scan.. it was hard!

Thanks Mrs r! He is a good one, I'm very lucky. Hope your quad results come back soon, the waiting is the worst part.

Congrats on a great scan wantabby! Bet you can't wait to find out the sex!!

Oh no Christi.. lol!! We are having a gender reveal party, and I want everyone to find out together. My mother will be coming in next weekend and that's when we will do it. I turned my head during that part of the scan.. it was hard!

Oh ok, lol! Glad it was on purpose then :winkwink: Sounds like a great idea to have a gender reveal party and have everyone (including you and DH) find out at the same time. I always thought gender reveal parties were for everyone else but the parents knew already, but what you're doing sounds fun and interesting! Can't wait to hear what you're having after your party :flower:

Good morning ladies,

Christi, you think just like me when it comes to your worries. I'm HORRIBLE!!! Like waiting for my quad screen results is giving me anxiety!! Happy 16 weeks!!!

maryanne, I think a water birth would be awesome!! I don't know if my hospital offers that though? Happy 16 weeks and your husband sounds amazing!!

babyfeva, thank you. I'm praying my results come back good too.

carebear, I love my doppler! Congrats on the maternity leave. Here in the US and at my job they'll give us up to 12 weeks off, but it's unpaid!! Sucks!! So I'm saving my vacation and sick leave to help out. I'll probably only be able to take about 8 weeks off though.

wantabby, good luck with your scan today!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Ya, the US maternity is crap... I feel bad for you guys!!

Wantabby yay for your appointment and scan, baby looks great! Can't wait to hear what you are having after your reveal party!

US maternity really is harsh, that's what it was like here in the uk 30 years ago. We are lucky to have maternity pay for 9 months here.

Maryanne I totally get where you are coming from after your oh taking such good care of you and letting him find out the gender :)

Cutie I did think of saying oh could know and not tell me but I just know I'd be able to read him like a book and something would slip before September.

I have a strong gut feeling that we are having a boy so I did think of saying he could find out but then I get to choose the name if baby is a boy! Still got 5 weeks to decide what to do!

Afm I've had a bit of a wobbly day today :( had an awful pain really low down on the left hand side of my abdomen - reminded me of my ectopic, felt really faint etc and just thought something bad was happening. Happened to go to the toilet tmi! and that seemed to stop the pain so I breathed a sigh of relief. The tonight I realised I have a rash on my tummy - very mild, not itchy but still a worry (my daughter just had a virus and a rash too), then I go to bed a it feels like I have a lump/ball in my tummy but thinking my uterus might have moved up?!
Sorry for rambling, it's just been one of those days!

Hello!

wantabby, I'm so happy your scan went so well!! I couldn't stand having that in the envelope and not peeking!! Hahaha!!!

maryanne, thank you. Yes, the wait is KILLING me!!! I gave in and called today even though they said they can take a week which would be Friday it's been giving me anxiety. But they haven't gotten the results yet. :cry:

carebear, yep...our maternity leave sucks.

yazzy, that pain you had could have been round ligament pain? When I bend forward it feels like there's a ball in my lower belly, it feels very strange. I'm sure that's what you are feeling. It's your uterus rising up.

I forgot to add my Anatomy scan will be April 14th, and she also took blood for my quad screening today.

Hi ladies I have been MIA for a bit. Trying hard to catch up...

Wantabby- how long for your Quad screen results? The gender reveal sound like so much fun!

Yazzy- the pain sounds like RLP- sometimes it can last for a little while. Do you think you will end up finding out gender?

Mrs R- hopefully your Quad results will be in soon! The waiting game is so hard!

Maryanne- your DH sounds so sweet- sounds like he will be a great dad if the way he takes care of you is any indication

Radience- Congrats on team pink! Sorry to hear about your SCH's - I hope they resolve soon. I had two with my son- so nerve wracking! I will be having a repeat c-section so my son won't be in the delivery.

Carebear- Only a month till you can find out gender!!! Great news that you will get the extended mat leave pay!

Christi- your hospital sounds fabulous!!!

Moomaymisty- Welcome and congrats!!!

Congratulations to everyone now in second tri!!!

AFM- I got some bad news about my thyroid biopsy. The cells are atypical, and are possibly cancerous. The only way to know for sure is to remove the lobe of my thyroid the lump is located on... but that can't be done until after baby is here. So the plan is to do the surgery between 6 weeks to 3 months after baby is here. Apparently a lot of the time once the lump is removed they don't need to do any further treatment but now it is a waiting game to find out.
In other news im 17 weeks today! Crazy!! Been feeling a lot of movement in the last couple of days. I have no birth plan... I will be having a repeat c-section so no real need for that lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->