Seriously, people! How do you do it?

Buffyx

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Firstly, I want to start off by saying that I am THANKFUL that I'm feeling nauseous and bloated and exhausted. I have been hoping and praying for these symptoms! :flower:

Secondly, how do you get through the freaking day?! I started back at work this week after just over a week break over Christmas. I'm super nauseous all morning, and then by lunch time I just want to cry because I'm so tired. Plus my job is disgusting and makes me want to throw up (dental assistant.)

It is so hard when no one knows what you're going through and you just have to push through with a smile on your face. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to do this!

Anyone have any advice or something?! It's 6.16pm and I'm going to shower and go to bed. This is my life now. Not complaining - just need help!!

I'm right there with u. It's been miserable and idk how I'm going to get thru 4-5 more weeks of this. I am 8w6d. Have u tried sea bands? B complex vitamins? Gingerale? Ginger tablets? Preggo pops? All little things that have brought me some relief...

I'm so worried to go back to work on Wednesday, tomorrow is my last day of catering to baby! I'm going to be so tired and sick in the mornings, I have no clue how to keep it secret for a bit. Or how they are going to expect me to do my duties when I'm feeling like rushing for a toilet! I'm military...sooo we will see how the rest of this week goes

I'm right there with you! I am so thankful and grateful to have a healthy bean but I feel like crap all the time!!! I'm a childminder too so even though I'm at home I can't relax, preparing the kids lunch/tea makes me sick, I can't be too active or I feel even worse which is awful when the kids wanna play! 3 school runs in a day can really take it out of you too!
I eat little and often of things I know I can stomach. I make sure I never feel hungry or thirsty and that does help a bit. Other than that I just make sure I have a bucket near by and hope for the best! Lol!

I'm about a week behind my ticket according to early scan a few weeks ago but waiting until 12 week scan to confirm, so I think I will have another 3 weeks at least of this :( I think a lot of it is just trying to have the mental state to pull through the Bleugh feeling! It's just awful!!!

I think it is definitely a mental thing! I can deal with the nausea alright it seems, but the exhaustion that hits me at lunch time is just so bad that I can't imagine getting through the rest of the day.

Then I come home from work and I'm a grumpy bitch and it's my poor DH that has to cop it.

Ahhh I am so scared too. I have just had the last 6 days off... Back to work tomorrow. I had constantly been running to throw up in the back room each day when I was at work... Terrified I will vomit on someone... And so tired. I have a very cruisey job in jewellery (which will be so much easier since Christmas is over... Until valentines day week, anyway), I can't imagine how horrible it must be working as a dental assistant. I wouldn't be able to cope.

I know how you feel as well, I went back to work yesterday & it was such a shock to the system to have to get up at 7am instead of 10am like I was over the Xmas break. I was nodding off at my desk at lunchtime yesterday which wasn't what I needed. I work in Accounts so really i need to be somewhat awake but my mind is just not on what it should be & the constant nausea is driving me made, I haven't been sick but I just feel rough all the time.
I'm having my first scan tomorrow morning so i'm nervous about that & that's not helping my stomach at all x

Hugs hun somehow we just muddle our way through it as best we can. I look back and wonder how I have coped for 5 weeks with all day sickness whilst juggling being a mum and doing 3 school runs a day.

It does get better in the 2nd tri and you will hopefully find that your energy will come back x

I wish I had all day nausea! Any time the nausea goes away I get super nervous. I know symptoms come and go but I've had a MMC and naturally, I worry. That said, I do have it this morning so I feel really relieved.

I've found ginger ale helps tremendously

I have had a miscarriage too, which is why I say I'm thankful for my symptoms :) I just need to know how to get through the fatigue! The nausea I can actually cope with a lot better.

Babytots : that sounds hard, but at least you can wear your sweat pants & don't have to smile if you don't want to :haha: I'd rather do that than have to go to work and pretend I'm in a fantastic mood! And it all starts again in 2 hours.

I have to wear skirts, panty hose, blazers, and high heels at work. It looks like the 1950s in here! Plus, it's so uncomfortable when you're bloated! I came on here to entertain myself because I caught myself falling asleep at my desk - whoops! So, I wouldn't say I'm necessarily handling it very well, but I do hope it gets better for you! I've heard the tiredness starts to fade when you get into the second tri, but it hasn't for me yet. The nausea did though - so there's a little hope. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->