SEVERE Separation Anxiety

Poppeteer

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having a bit of a difficult time with our LO's separation anxiety.

She's always been a bit worried about being away from me, but would tolerate someone else holding her (close family). But lately, since she turned about 6.5 months her separation anxiety has gone through the roof.

She wants to be on me ALL the time, whether playing or eating, even sleeping. The only time I physically have her off me is when I'm in the bathroom... and even then all I hear is her screams :cry:

OH booked us tickets to see Ricky Gervais in Edinburgh, which was fantastic, but it was the first time I'd ever left LO for 3 hours (with my MIL). She eventually called us to come home as Halle had been screaming the whole time we'd been away and had made herself sick through all the crying :cry:

She's exclusively breastfed, but will take water from a cup and we're trying to wean (difficult in itself)...

What do I do, it's hearbreaking hearing her cries when I HAVE to leave her, and she physically shakes through the fear of being alone.... and I mean she'll shake like she's petrified. :nope:

Please help/advice?

Oh my! Bless you and bless her! Amelia is similar - she will whine ALL day to be picked up by ONLY me - doesn't want cuddles from daddy if im around - only mummy will do! If i try and play with her on the floor she wants to be on me - she drags herself through the house to follow me - god i was TRYING to wash her bottles the other day and she clung to may ankles whinging - it is soooo exhausting! Really not sure how to handle it but wanted to let you know you are not alone!

Thankfully, she is fine with others when i am not around so do get a little break!

Casen was like that, but from birth through about 7mo...it was ONLY me all the time, not even daddy could touch him without him screaming. At about 7mo it started getting better, daddy could then calm him down, but still didn't like anyone else. It took awhile for him to finally start warming up to other family members and close friends. It was just something we had to deal with and he eventually outgrew it..for the most part. I think that showing them you are there, by answering the cries and holding them if that's what they need right now will help in the long run, she will eventually outgrow it. Casen is 4 now and is still shy, but not like he use to be, he will hang around me, or hide behind me if he is around new people and they just approach him but if he's given the time to approach them when he's ready he's fine with just about anyone

:hugs: it must be awful to watch your LO feel like that, and very demanding on you too. I am in a similar position but not as bad as that.. I was thinking its just a phase and giving loads of reassurance. Bedtimes are becoming a nightmare though. Wish I could offer some advice x

Ps. like mummyof 3 said, i found that Billie is happier when she approaches others in her own time rather than just being picked up - she still cries wihen her grandparents, unless she can go to them on her own accord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->