Sex of baby at 9 weeks 5 days?

tubs

Reaction score
I had a scan this morning. Baby was looking healthy and strong thank God.
The doctor said "do you want to find out sex of baby?" I said "can you tell this early?" He said YES!

He reckons the baby is a boy.

But seriously can he be right???

Wow well I've never heard of that before! I mean I had my first scan with Kian at 12 weeks and they said it was too early to tell? But saying that if the person who did your scan said it then they must be pretty darn sure or they wouldn't be allowed to say something like that would they?

I can't see how he could tell, as far as I'm aware the nub looks near identical for girls and boys before 12 weeks. I wouldn't start buying yet personally. Congrats on a healthy looking LO :)

Wow well I've never heard of that before! I mean I had my first scan with Kian at 12 weeks and they said it was too early to tell? But saying that if the person who did your scan said it then they must be pretty darn sure or they wouldn't be allowed to say something like that would they?

I know I've never heard that before. In my opinion it's too early!
Also I had planned on not finding out gender of baby this time. But he caught me unaware at the scan!

What on Earth!? No, as far as I'm aware they all look the same at this stage...But, I mean, he's a professional right? Jeez how confusing! I heard the earliest they could reliably tell is around 15 weeks. I so want to know! Is he in the UK? :haha:

What on Earth!? No, as far as I'm aware they all look the same at this stage...But, I mean, he's a professional right? Jeez how confusing! I heard the earliest they could reliably tell is around 15 weeks. I so want to know! Is he in the UK? :haha:

Yes he's in the uk. I found out the gender at the 20 week scan on my DS and I loved knowing! But this time I wanted to wait and be surprised. But now I feel I need to know for definite!

A baby isn't quite perfectly formed at 9 weeks so I'd take it with a pinch of salt

9 weeks is certainly too early to tell. Boys and girls anatomy in that area look the same til at least 16 weeks and even then it can be hit and miss hence why most private gender scans are performed after the 17 week mark.

I suppose he has a 50% chance of getting it right lol.x

Wow he must be good! Lol. I wouldn't paint the room blue just yet though :)/

One of the ladies in my DDC was told her little one was a girl at 12 weeks.... at 20 week scan her 'girl' had grown an extra appendage!

At 9 weeks mine looked like gummy bears let alone determine what sex they were! x

I only have one pic and baby basically looks like a snowman!!

I've never heard of anyone finding out so early, I had a 16 week scan and send was told hey couldn't tell with my daughter but suppose you have a 50% chance of it being right x

Please dont let those techs confuse you. With my first baby, I was told at my 12 weeks scan that I was having a girl, went and told family and friends just to find out at 20weeks it was a boy. I was so embarrased to go back and tell them so I just waited till 2 weeks before my shower :)

9 weeks is impossible to tell....the anatomy doesn't really look different at that point. I was SHOCKED when with baby #4 they were able to tell me at 13w2d it was a boy....they showed me on the screen and it was definately a boy. BUT that was super high tech equipment due to some complications I was having. (They had to get upclose shots of the babys heart valves) At 9 weeks I'd say they have a 50/50 shot of being right LOL

When I was 9 weeks with my DS, the doctor came in and was talking about his heart rate and he said "You know I can tell you what you're having by the heart rate" I said really? He said "Yeah, you're having a baby" I think we laughed for at least 5 minutes. He was goofy, but not a great doctor.

Wow that's super early! I'd definitely be taking it with a pinch of salt... at 9/10 weeks I always thought they looked the same.

In general, I suppose it's more likely for "Girls" to turn out to be boys - I know a few people who've had an early gender scan from 14-18 weeks and been told its a girl because they can't see any boy bits... and then they suddenly appear at the 20 week scan :haha: It's harder to be wrong if they're saying boy because I presume that means they can already see it :shrug:

I just wish he hadn't said anything! Now I feel I have to know! I don't want to spend whole pregnancy expecting a boy for him to be wrong. I'd rather know for defo now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->