Sex on last day of period helps with pregnancy??

xLuciax

TTC #4
Reaction score
My OH best friend and his wife took a good few months to concieve and he was telling my OH his doctor said last day of womans period can help get pregnant? Surely this can't be true due to ovulation being waaay past that day

Some women do ovulate right at the end of their period, if they have a short cycle and a long bleed it's possible... Also the sperm can survive 'up there' for 5 days sometimes so it's possible...

But I can't see how it could help anyone with a longer cycle...

x x x

Ive also heard this but i did child development at school and we had a big massive book we had to study, and this is what it says this is for a 28 day cycle......
Day 1-7 = menstruation - flow of blood from the uterus lining (endometrium)
Day 8-12 = repair phrase - the uterus lining starts to grow again
Day 13-15 = ovulation - an egg (ovum) is realeased from the ovary
Day 16-22 = receptive phase - the uterus lining has been rebuilt in anticipation of receiving a fertilised egg
Day 23-28 = pre menstrual phrase - if no fertilised egg implants into the uterus wall, the uterus begins to break down and the cycle begins again

I know everybody is different but Hope this helps anybody xx

hmmm yeah that's something I've never heard of. It's worth a shot if you suspect you have a short cycle. Nothing could hurt persay.

Funny you should say that! My last period was 4th of feb - 18th of feb (2 week period) my period is irregular and I have been TTC since June 09.

I have always started having unprotected sex everday a week AFTER my period has finished!

This month (well in Feb) I started the minute my period was finished. I had :sex: on 18th, 20th. 22nd. 24th and I had sharp cramping on 26th (I couldnt bed after this as we just moved and OH said he didnt want to ttc anymore) HOWEVER....

I got faint lines on IC 2 weeks after bedding and I still haven't got my period....I haven't dont another HPT as my mind has been else where and its only recently I realised I haven't had my period since 4th of feb - tomorrow will be 2 months!

Will let you know if this has worked for me as I would be 7weeks pregnant if I am! Good luck :dust: xxx

oooo this is most interesting. You'll definitely have to update us!!!!

Today was my last day and we BDed so we shall wait and see.

that is very interesting

never heard this, and given all the info we know about ovulation etc then it doesn't really make sense, buuuttttt... DH and I just so happened to BD on the last day of my period this cycle (we never normally do because DH doesn't even like a hint of blood (sorry TMI) and this has been my lucky cycle.
So it couldn't hurt really could it?

I got pregnant by having sex on the last day of my period. It was the only day of the month Hubbs and I were intimate ( he was out of town). Found out 10 days before my period was due. I had blood work done, and sure enough, they figured I ovulated on day 9 of my cycle. I am a very consistent 28 day cycle. Ive only been early/late about 5 times in my life. Its not the usual, but it can happen.

Funny you should say that! My last period was 4th of feb - 18th of feb (2 week period) my period is irregular and I have been TTC since June 09.

I have always started having unprotected sex everday a week AFTER my period has finished!

This month (well in Feb) I started the minute my period was finished. I had :sex: on 18th, 20th. 22nd. 24th and I had sharp cramping on 26th (I couldnt bed after this as we just moved and OH said he didnt want to ttc anymore) HOWEVER....

I got faint lines on IC 2 weeks after bedding and I still haven't got my period....I haven't dont another HPT as my mind has been else where and its only recently I realised I haven't had my period since 4th of feb - tomorrow will be 2 months!

Will let you know if this has worked for me as I would be 7weeks pregnant if I am! Good luck :dust: xxx

That does sound interesting! Keep us updated I think the doctor may mean sex every night from last day of period till around ovulation may increase chances

I got pregnant by having sex on the last day of my period. It was the only day of the month Hubbs and I were intimate ( he was out of town). Found out 10 days before my period was due. I had blood work done, and sure enough, they figured I ovulated on day 9 of my cycle. I am a very consistent 28 day cycle. Ive only been early/late about 5 times in my life. Its not the usual, but it can happen.

Wow really? That sounds pretty rare

Wow really? That sounds pretty rare

Yep. really. Pretty strange huh? His name is Cooper!

Hi Ladies,

This is very interesting and gives me some hope this month.....:happydance: I was nine days post af before the witch attacked (AND WAS BEGINNING TO THINK THAT MAYBE THIS MONTH I WOULD GET MY BFP!) AF attacked with a vengenance yesterday and due to fact I am nine days late was wondering if I should just not bother this month as feel like this month is wasted. Am usually a 28 day reg and should be due to ov 8th-10th april although a bit confused if this will still be case or not as AF late and this just happens to be month I was going to start temping and using opas. I was planning on going about this as if AF had been on time and that I would be ov as norm this month. However now I can give the BDing a go in next few days.....lol If anyone has had similar exp or has any bright ideas they would be greatly recieved!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Hi Ladies,

This is very interesting and gives me some hope this month.....:happydance: I was nine days post af before the witch attacked (AND WAS BEGINNING TO THINK THAT MAYBE THIS MONTH I WOULD GET MY BFP!) AF attacked with a vengenance yesterday and due to fact I am nine days late was wondering if I should just not bother this month as feel like this month is wasted. Am usually a 28 day reg and should be due to ov 8th-10th april although a bit confused if this will still be case or not as AF late and this just happens to be month I was going to start temping and using opas. I was planning on going about this as if AF had been on time and that I would be ov as norm this month. However now I can give the BDing a go in next few days.....lol If anyone has had similar exp or has any bright ideas they would be greatly recieved!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Your cycle starts on the first day of AF - so your last cyce was longer than usual, it really doesn't have much to do with your next cycle. You must have OV'd later than expected last month - this can happen for a number of reasons - stress, travel, unknown reason, failed first attempt at OV, so your body tried again a few days later and was successful.

You are now on Day 2 - so take it from there, all things going to plan, you should expect your next AF on day 28ish.

never heard this, and given all the info we know about ovulation etc then it doesn't really make sense, buuuttttt... DH and I just so happened to BD on the last day of my period this cycle (we never normally do because DH doesn't even like a hint of blood (sorry TMI) and this has been my lucky cycle.

ooo la la you look a bit like jennifer lopez in her early days lol are you puerto rican?

Oooo and thanks for the responses girls me and my oh are going to do this is af shows tomorrow or next few days think i'll go with the sperm meets egg plan i read up on it sounds good

there maybe some truth in this according to every scan ive had this baby was concieved the day after i finished af cd 6 and i didnt get a pos opk till cd 10 but luckily dtd as soon as i had finished af and my daughter i concieved on cd 8 so the idea we ov midd cycle is very untrue hope this helps and good luck everyone xxxx

ooo la la you look a bit like jennifer lopez in her early days lol are you puerto rican?

Haha, thanks Lucia :hugs:! I love Jennifer Lopez :) Not Puerto Rican though, I'm Italian :)
Good luck everyone :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->