Shabutie's September Shindig... We are now Mr and Mrs SANG!!

Well the car man just got back to me... we have £154 remaing to pay, which we will be doing by the end of this week. Along with the church @ £600, Hall @ £145, DJ @ £98.75

£2 short of £1000, that enough to make me :cry: :haha:

No problem! For the price though that she's selling it for I'd totally buy it just to see. :haha:

Its pretty wrinkled but that's nothing a steamed room from a hot shower can't fix. :winkwink:

I was wondering if it would be alright to steam it out, then leave it hanging up, its only 35 days till the big day... so need to get one A.S.A.P if I am going to wear one, to give it time to de-crease :haha:

I'm buying it.... :happydance: I will have to take a pic of me, with my hairband and the veil once it arrives. Maybe try it with my hair up, see how I feel.

Is it the right colour? I think you said your dress is ivory so make sure they match :)

Its super easy and only takes about a half hour or so.

Hang the veil from a hanger somewhere in the bathroom. Turn on your shower to full blast hot and keep the doors/windows closed. Don't turn on any fans either! Let the room get really steamy, run the shower for about 10 mins or so. After the 10 mins you can turn off the shower as the room will stay steamy. Wait another 10 and when you go back in almost all the creases will be gone! :thumbup:

Hang it and then all will be done by the time your wedding comes. :)

As for colour - don't worry about it. I was and had so many friends tell me that they had ivory veils with their stark white wedding dresses. No one notices. :thumbup:

Ahh thanks girls,

MissMummyMoo said it was white, and my dress is white so hopefully it will be perfect! :thumbup:

Thank you so much girls for all the help. Im not even going to tell my mum or anyone (apart from OH and Bridesmaid) that i'll be wearing a veil... as far as everyone knows, im not wearing one. Im already not wearing a tiara :haha: I think me in a dress is a suprise enough in its self! :rofl:

I didn't have a tiara either! A friend of mine from Fetti made my comb and I bought some pearl topped hairpins from eBay from less than £6. It was a nightmare getting them all out for bed :haha:

Well i lie, i have just spotted the veil on Ebay. It's a lot less hassle (im new to ebay/paypal) and its starting at 99p so..... Hopefully i'll win it, otherwise i'll be looking for a new one!

:thumbup:

Let me know if you want to look at mine. The purple crystals aren't that noticeable :D

I'd really like someone to have my veil actually! Our wedding day was the best party ever and we've been so happy everyday since (except when he leaves his pants and socks on the bedroom floor or he doesn't do the washing up :growlmad::haha:) It's yours if you want it!

new (if late) stalker!

Just read through, sorry you are having so many family problems, we are too, I don't actually know if we will have any family at ours but I'm not bothered!

LOVE your green theme, my favourite colour!

Hey the lovely Shabutie! As I have said in Autumn Acorns I LOVE your dress.
I read your entire journal front to back last night and I love your Hen night plans and your bouquet's they are gorgeous. Also that church looks AMAZING! I am officially going to be stalking you here as well :)

D'you think this veil would go with my dress?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waist-le...=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&hash=item7dbce575c4

That's basically the same as mine except I added the sparkles :D It'll match up just fine! :thumbup:

OOo how did you add the sparkles? Just sewed them on?

Your a crafty (in a good way :haha: ) lady!

No I used a special glue called Gem-tac! It's bit like PVA so dries clear :) I used Swarovski Rhinestones with flat backs and just stuck them on :haha: I think the Erinite colour would work for you!

EDIT: or maybe the green opal colour :haha:

I think the veil would look great. You can either sew the rhinestones or glue them. The gluing is easier as long as you're careful haha. Oh and btw I am checking out another wedding dress store on friday and I believe they have you're exact dress and its one of the ones two of my best friends picked out to try on but with the red sash haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->